• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Second guessing using DCL Air

Suzanne033

Nobody on their deathbed ever wishes they spent mo
OK, I have already paid my DCL Land/Sea vacation in full and I am second guessing (after reading all of these posts) using DCL's air program. If I want to book the flights myself, will they refund just the Air portion leaving the cruise, transfers, and hotel? Or will I have to re-book the whole thing at a SUBSTANTIAL price difference. (The cruise we are taking has gone up almost $1,000 since we booked in February.)

I'm not concerned about missing the cruise because we are doing the Land/Sea package but I want to arrive as early in the morning as possible so we can use most of that first day in WDW.

check it out and since you are more than 60 days out you can cancel the airfare and have no penalty. See if you can get cheaper flights. Not sure if you have Southwest or JetBlue where you are, but they have great prices and are just as good airlines as the mainline names (if not better). You can probably get much cheaper airfare and be at the port sooner doing both on your own.

Be careful about cancelling and rebooking.....you might have gotten a much better rate with your early booking credit.

I also had some second thoughts after booking everything through DIsney. It was much more expensive to use their charges for air travel. It did work out very well for us because on the way home we volunteered to give up our seats and received 8 free tickets for future travel. That was awesome. Eric

We had done just that on our first cruise...We were refunded the air fair and our cruise price stayed the same...the only true advantage to booking your air through DCL is that they will hold the ship for late plane arrivals...

It never hurts to ask. The worst thing that can happen is they say no refund. I would check out the airlines for cheaper fares and if I found I could save a significant amount of money, call DCL and see what they say about cancelling the air and refunding that part of the package.

If they say yes, you've saved the money, if they say no, you're no worse off than you were before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter