• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Second Guessing POR???

THEJOEL

Excited & Overwhelmed
I have booked our trip for Nov 30-Dec 5 and have booked at POR. I am really second guessing myself. Did I screw up? Or am I just a worry wart?
On the same topic how do I request a certain area since my trip is already booked and where should I request if I still can?
I am just trying to make this a great trip. This is a first time trip for ALL of us. I am getting so much pixie dust with the free dining coming AFTER I originally booked and saving me $300+ and getting ALL the ADRs I wanted. Since everything is going so well I just didn't want to the big screw up to be the room. POP Warner week has me a little worried also because I heard that POR may be an "overflow" hotel.

:wizard: I'm really sure why you think you may have screwed up. We've been to POR twice and are leaving next week for our 3rd stay there. We really like it.
As far as requesting areas, you can call any time and ask them to make a note of it on your reservations....it's not too late!

I have booked our trip for Nov 30-Dec 5 and have booked at POR. I am really second guessing myself. Did I screw up? Or am I just a worry wart?
On the same topic how do I request a certain area since my trip is already booked and where should I request if I still can?

You will love POR. Don't second guess yourself. We have gone to POR for four years straight. We will be staying again in a couple weeks with a split stay at BC. POR has many amenties that you will enjoy. Just call Disney and request which section you want to be in. We are always in AB, because we are a family of five (families of five are always in AB), but the mansions section is beautiful. Have a wonderful trip and relax you picked well:thumbsup2

We were there 2 weeks ago and we loved it there and would definitely go back in a heartbeat. It is so quiet and peaceful there, a nice place to come back to at the end of a busy day.

:wizard: I'm really sure why you think you may have screwed up. We've been to POR twice and are leaving next week for our 3rd stay there. We really like it.
As far as requesting areas, you can call any time and ask them to make a note of it on your reservations....it's not too late!

I am just trying to make this a great trip. This is a first time trip for ALL of us. I am getting so much pixie dust with the free dining coming AFTER I originally booked and saving me $300+ and getting ALL the ADRs I wanted. Since everything is going so well I just didn't want to the big screw up to be the room. POP Warner week has me a little worried also becuase I heard that POR may be an "overflow" hotel.

We have stayed there the last 3 years at Thanksgiving and love it. We are counting down to this Thanksgiving at POR.:cool1:

Prior to doing POR we had only done Deluxes. POR was awesome, didn't feel like a step down at all. Kind of regret that we’re not staying there this trip but 40% off PIN has us trying the WL.

You are there at the very beginning of Pop Warner (your last two days there) and I think you will be fine. We've not stayed at POR (we stay at a different moderate), but we have visited a number of times and it is a lovely resort with a great food court (it would be our moderate choice if ours wasn't available). You'll have a great time--enjoy!

We love POR. Here is a review I posted several months back after our stay there:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2438477

We love all the moderates but POR is very special to us.

We were at WDW during Pop Warner a few years ago and stayed at CBR. It was an overflow resort and I saw very few of them there. The moderates are far more spread out which helps with large groups. And really and truly, the vast majority stay at the All Stars. I think you will be fine and probably won't even notice.

As for an area to request, I suggest you take a look at a map of POR to determine what you want to be near. If you want to be near the food court, request Bldg. 14, 15 or 18. All of those are Alligator Bayou buildings. Here is a link for a map of the resort:
http://allears.net/acc/portorleansmap.jpg
I'll add that to us, no section of POR is "bad" or undesireable. We stayed in Bldg. 37 our first trip and loved that location, it was one of the more distant buildings from the food court, but the walk was only around 5-7 minutes at a very leisurely pace and we had a bus stop and quiet pool nearby. It was quiet and peaceful. Last trip we got Bldg. 14 which is the closest to the main area and that was also a great location. Obviously very convenient to the food court and main pool but it was also still quiet. I liked both locations equally.

You will have a great trip and POR is a wonderful place to stay. I think it has the best food court on property, the grounds are gorgeous and the main pool and quiet pools are so fun. Enjoy your trip and rest easy, you made a great choice with your resort!

And one more link, this is a website all about Port Orleans with lots of photos, advice and great information:
http://www.portorleans.org/

We stayed at POR for a night over before our last cruise late last year and loved it. So much so, that instead of going back to POP this month, we're heading back to POR.

It's very nice!

It was our first family trip in June and we LOVED POR! We're trying to decide if we want to try another resort on our next trip, or just stick with it because we don't want to mess with a good thing. I don't think you'll be disappointed at all.

We are booked at POR that same week and I can't say how excited I am!!! I've heard such wonderful things about it, I just keep getting confirmation that we made the right choice. And I think the bulk of Pop Warner will be arrive that weekend we leave, so I'm really not too worried about it at all.

You'll have a BLAST!!!

It is a beautiful resort with an attractive food court. Its not perfect, but none of them are :goodvibes. I think the food court choices are limited, but I went to CSR last year and the grass is not greener on the other side. We are going back to POR this year and I can't wait! I think you'll love the pool area and the general landscaping of the resort.

One hint - if you have any early morning breakfasts booked, make sure you tell a CM at bell services. They were not great about having early morning buses - we helped one family that had waited over an hour! The response of the CM's was - they should have told us :scared1:. To be fair, they did call a van for the family, so they made it right!

Also, don't forget to schedule a trip to DTD on the boat. Its a highlight of the resort and an attraction in itself. See, the piano player if you can - he's great family entertainment - much better than I expected.

One more thing, don't be too upset if you get a room in the back. The bus stops are spread out and its not as bad as it seems.

We have stayed there the last 3 years at Thanksgiving and love it. We are counting down to this Thanksgiving at POR.:cool1:

Us too! My family and I spent the last 2 Thanksgiving weeks at the All Stars Music, then the Pop Century - this coming Thanksgiving we are staying at POR for the first time and I'm really looking forward to it! :cutie:

We love it there! The first time we ever came to a Disney resort, we stayed at POR and loved it. We are a family of five, so we had to stay in the AB section, but the kids still loved it (I believe our first stay was in Bldg 37 as well). It was like an adventure to the kids when we would walk to the food court and definitely, bus stops are pretty close to all bldgs. We are going back again in a couple of weeks and the kids (and hubby and I) are excited to get back to POR. We love the boat ride to Downtown Disney and just the overall atmosphere.

No worries, you will enjoy every moment! Have a magical time!!

Thanks everyone!!! You really put my mind at ease!! Now I just have to relax and get ready to have some fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter