Second ear-piercing for 5 year old - yay or nay?

NY Disney fan

DIS Veteran
My co-worker just told me that her 5 year old asked for a second hole in her ear. I said "where did she get that idea from?" and she said "her sister." Apparently the older sister got a second piercing at age 7. What do you think? Edited to add: my co-worker's kids are now grown and have gotten other piercings as well as tattoos.

No. One piercing I.would go along with. I think 2 piercings on a little girl looks trashy and somewhat sensual. Not at all the look I'd want to see in a 5yr old. Of course, this mom doesn't seem to have much backbone so who cares.what I think

No from me, and I've got 3 - 4 in each ear.

I think I got my second done in 7th grade (12 - 13 years) and I don't see a problem with that. But not 5. No way. Not even 7.

i said no to my 15 year old for a second whole.................i dont like the look at all.............. so i told her we would revisit at 16

Nope. And I've got 7 in one ear.

Tell her she can pierce it herself with ice and an earring when she's 12, like the rest of us.

No, and I have six holes one one ear and four on the other.

Just too young. I wasn't allowed a piercing until the week before my Prom.

My first 2 girls (now 14 and 12) got their ears pierced at 5. One got infected. Both got tired of dealing with earings and let the holes close...never got re-done.

I now have 5 yr old twins. They have a friend at school that has pierced ears so they asked about it. They weren't gung-ho. I let the conversation drop. I'm in no hurry this time around. I'd rather see them wait a few years.

As for the 2nd hole. At 5 yrs old, I'd say no. I'm not 100% against the idea, but not really for it either (2nd hole is about as extreme as I would ever allow). Regardless, I think 5 yrs old is too young to make a choice to do something semi-permanent to their body.

Jess

Both my DD's got their first holes at age 3. I let me oldest DD second holes when she was 5, she is now 10 and hasn't asked for anymore. My youngest is now 6 nd hasn't asked for second holes she she doesn't have any. I won't let either of them get any other piercings after the 2 sets of holes. No lip, tongue, eyebrow, nose, belly button ect. and no tatoos. They will have to wait until they are 18. BTW I also have two sets of holes and no other pierceings or tatoos.

A big NO from me! I wouldn't even get my DD's (I don't have a DD) ears pierced once until they are old enough to be responsible for taking care of the earrings and also her ears. Not personally a fan of ears pierced more then once. If she wanted to do it as an adult I could not stop her, but it would not happen when she was a child.

No, one is more than enough for me. My girls are 11 and 14 and do not have pierced ears. I told them they had to wait until they could completely handle it themselves because the thought of helping someone with earrings makes me physically ill. I had pierced ears as a tween for a short time and had such trouble with it the idea makes me sick. After sharing that, the girls have no desire to puncture themselves yet.

I used to wear clip-ons as a teen, but that wasn't ideal as I have practically no earlobe. I barely have space for one hole, let alone more.

Nope. And I've got 7 in one ear.

Tell her she can pierce it herself with ice and an earring when she's 12, like the rest of us.

OMG, I thought I was the only one who did that! :lmao:

No, 5 is too young IMO. My girls do have their ears pierced but no second holes until they are 15-16, DD16 hasn't asked, neither has DD13.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter