• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

seaworld

mizzouchief74

Mouseketeer
We are thinking about doing the SeaWorld Express. Has anyone done this and is it worth the extra $?

Thanks,

Jeff

Seaworld is awesome, DH and I can't do an Orlando trip without making Seaworld a part of it. It's also a nice break from Disney, as much I love the dis, it's a nice change of pace for a day or two and the crowds are usually smaller. They also have an awesome newer coaster called Kraken, definately not to be missed! Have fun! :goodvibes

We are thinking about doing the SeaWorld Express. Has anyone done this and is it worth the extra $?

Thanks,

Jeff

We did Sea World on our trip in July and it was such a huge waste of money. We were extremely disappointed. Maybe it's just personal taste, but we lasted about 2 1/2 hours and went back to the world. never again. It is very expensive also.

Sea World is great. The dolphin show is excellent, a combination of acrobatics, high wire, high diving, birds, dolphins and whales.

Seaworld is awesome, DH and I can't do an Orlando trip without making Seaworld a part of it. It's also a nice break from Disney, as much I love the dis, it's a nice change of pace for a day or two and the crowds are usually smaller. They also have an awesome newer coaster called Kraken, definately not to be missed! Have fun! :goodvibes

This is us too, my DD is planning on making Sea World her career goal. Ever since she was around five her first visit she was hooked. We will be going to Sea World this coming trip too!

For what they offered that was a lot. Definitely not worth it.

Well, I've spent two days in a row at Seaworld with kids. We enjoyed every minute, from the time spent just marvelling at the killer whales swimming around their tank, to eyeing barracuda (in the entrance to the shark tank) and going to the Wild Arctic, with my sons playing peakaboo with the walrus, and getting my free beer after seeing the Clydesdales in their stable.. I love Disney, but Sea World is good as well, because most of the attractions are living, not just animatronics.

Well, I've spent two days in a row at Seaworld with kids. We enjoyed every minute, from the time spent just marvelling at the killer whales swimming around their tank, to eyeing barracuda (in the entrance to the shark tank) and going to the Wild Arctic, with my sons playing peakaboo with the walrus, and getting my free beer after seeing the Clydesdales in their stable.. I love Disney, but Sea World is good as well, because most of the attractions are living, not just animatronics.

To each is own. Everyone likes different things. It just didn't do anything for us.

I love Sea World..

How exactly is it very expensive? It's $65 for Adults

It's $53.95 if you buy your tickets online and 7 days in advance right now. Plus you get to go back anyday of your vacation for free :)

I think it's a great deal...we love all the shows and my kids love marine life.
For our family it's very worth it.

Spent a day in seaworld on our last trip in July... got there for the AM open (which I think was at like 9:00am) and left at 3:00pm to head back to WDW. We didnt' feel that there was really that much to do there.. the animals were nice but watching show after show after show got tedious. The 2 rides they had there (3 if you count wild arctic) were great however. Journey to Atlantis is a great boat ride and kraken is amazing. We left early though... it just wasn't disney :confused3 The employee's were very rude and didn't seem to want to be helpful at all and after you watch the shows there was very little else to do... we were leaving at 3 and it seemed like hal the park was leaving at the same time as well. Definetly worth a visit... probably won't go back for awhile though.. just my opinion :thumbsup2

We have been to SW a few times, and will not do a trip to WDW or DL without a side trip there. We love it and think there is something for everyone there from my 21 month old all the way up to me, so much so that we usually do 2 days out of our vacation there. As someone said earlier, it is a great break from Disney. Kraken is def a must, as well as the seymore and clyde show. If you go to the seymore and clyde show, make sure you go early as they have a mime (sp?) that entertains the crowd as the stadium fills up who is really one of the funniest entertainers I have ever seen. He is great.

We did Sea World on our trip in July and it was such a huge waste of money. We were extremely disappointed. Maybe it's just personal taste, but we lasted about 2 1/2 hours and went back to the world. never again. It is very expensive also.

Expensive how?? I bought an AP (FL reisdent) for less than half what a sesaonal FL resident AP in WDW costs. And, this SW AP actually gives up 15% off of food and merchandise purchased in the park. A nice perk I think.

After years of putting SW off we went this summer. Stayed on WDW property and went to SW for 2 days instead (our WDW APs were blacked out & we didn't want to deal with summer crowds). We liked SW a lot. We found it a nice break from the WDW parks. I certainly didn't have WDW expectations but I don't even have expectations at the WDW parks anymore (as far as comparing them to visits a few yrs back as they've changed a lot).

We enjoyed many of the shows at SW...especially the Pets Ahoy show. SW is conveniently located only 10 min. from DTD. We also loved petting and feeding the Dolphins. There are some things that can be updated there, but it is definitely a nice change from the WDW parks.

Make sure to check out the Seaworld board. I found it very helpful planning our trip.

We LOVE SW!!! I don't understand how people think there isn't much to do there?? There is 3 rides, tons of shows, lots of exhibits...It definitely took us a whole day to see everything, and we still missed some shows. To each their own I guess, but in my opinion it is worth going to! Dont miss the pets ahoy show!

I guess you have to be at least somewhat interested in nature to appreciate Sea World

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter