• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seaworld vs Busch

Beechnut

Mouseketeer
Hi we only have time (and Money)( hehe) for 1 day at either Seaworld or Busch.
We are not interested in the coasters and wild rides, but more about the animals.

what would you do??

thanks

I prefer seaworld if you're just looking for attractions centered around animals (though there are several big rides too). Don't get me wrong, BG has some great animal attractions, but also has a big focus on the coasters. Plus, if you're staying in the Orlando area, it's a much quicker trip to Seaworld than out to Tampa to BG. Either way, you'll have fun!

We love both. I would go to Sea World if I really like sealife, penguins, etc. If you want to see more land animals, BG is the better choice. I think SW allows more opportunities for up close viewing and interaction. Both parks are great. If you are going to Animal Kingdom, I would go to Sea World because you will see much of the same animals at BG that AK has.

We had an amazing day at BG. We got close to the animals, rode all the coasters, ate at the Crown Colony restaurant (it was great and affordable, and we got to watch the giraffes on the savannah!), and had a relaxing, fun day. We didn't feel rushed like we often do at theme parks. We missed the shows, though. We always found ourselves on the other end of the park when a show was going on.

I liked SeaWorld. It was also a fun day. However, I liked BG better.

BG is amazing. We love animals and you will get your fill there. Seaworld concentrates on water mammals, fish, etc.

Also, BG gives away beer.

Though I live near the mouse, I just love Bush gardens. Don't get me wrong. You can have a great time at Sea World, but it is fish and fish-like animals. I just love the birds and the tigers (not together).

BG is my personal fav. I love the show Katonga, the ride Rhino Rally and a relaxing ride on the train with all the animalsto look at.

:drinking1 Free Beer in the hospitality house at both parks (2 Beers, and if you go to beer school 3 more)......you got to love this perk. If you are already in orlando stay at seaworld. It is an incredible park. Busch is also great if you are going to be in Tampa.

Both are great parks. If you are not into coasters and will be going to AK- then I also think SW is the better option for added variety. They have awesome shows (Katonga is great at BG but the others don't match SW) and the food options are better. I have an annual pass to BG because we live in Tampa but my favorite park is SW. But I just love sea animals over big cats. Both have great places for young kids to play.

Thanks so much for all your input.
We decided to do seaworld since we are here, but in a wild "oh what the heck" moment drove over to Tampa too. We loved the shows, but found quite a bit of repetition in both (cats and dog show almost the same etc) but had enjoyable days both.
Will worry about paying later.... :)

Glad that you managed to do both. It was a hard choice because both are great parks. Life is for living.

How long of a ride to BG is it from Disney? We are staying at Bonnet Creek.

Thanks!

How long of a ride to BG is it from Disney? We are staying at Bonnet Creek.

Thanks!

It takes about an hour and is really easy to get to. You don't have to get into the city driving hardly at all. Interstate 4 to Interstate 75 North and then I think it is the first exit. You just follow the signs. You will go by the museum and the university before the turn to get to BG.

There is a bus you can take from SW but it gets you there later and leaves too early for us. We like to get there when the park opens and stay till it closes.

Check their web site for all they have to offer. It can't really be seen in a day if you want to really spend time with the animals and see the shows. Katonga is my favorite. The pets ahoy type show is as good as the one in SW with some different animals and is in an out door theater. Some of the shows are hokey, but they are intended to be that way and you get a good laugh from them.

Depending on when you are going there are bands scheduled each weekend, Bud and BBQ is in Feb. and just lots of things happening. If Jack Hanna is there make time for his show. We went to every show he did at SW the last time we saw him and they were all so much fun. He is so hyper just like when he is on a talk show. Loved it.

As for the food. We love eating at the Colony House top floor either on the patio or ask for window table to watch the animals(they offer family meals). Sometimes there is a long wait for a table. Not sure if you can reserve a table and time when you enter the park. We usually wing it for whenever we get to that section of the park. The BBQ in Stanleyville area is really good, too.

As for interaction with the animals..... you can do the tours to go out and feed the giraffes, there is a walk through petting zoo sort of area, the animal hospital area, the lions might even be just on the other side of the window of the truck lying in the truck bed. The chimpanzees come up to the windows to see you and sometimes try to get little ones to play with them through the windows. We can spend hours watching them. Even feeding the birds in the aviary is a lot of fun.

It is a huge park, but surrounded by the city so when you are on the edges of the park you do hear sirens and traffic noises but it is our favorite park in Florida even though our son works for Disney and best friends are in management at WDW. BG is a totally different experience than AK. We love AK and actually get there more often cause it is 1 1/2 closer to our house. Both parks do what they are best at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter