Seaworld Food

jjiillee

Mouseketeer
Please let me know what is good there and what to stay away from. we are there next week and have all day dining. I have heard that the food isn't that great. Want to make sure we choose the right things. I am sure it doesn't compare to Disney food but hoping there are at least a few good items to order.

Please let me know what is good there and what to stay away from. we are there next week and have all day dining. I have heard that the food isn't that great. Want to make sure we choose the right things. I am sure it doesn't compare to Disney food but hoping there are at least a few good items to order.

Your "right things" and mine may be totally different, so the question is really quite subjective. For example, many seafood lovers could be the first to recommend Sharks Underwater Grill.....for for me, who has a phobia of eating anythings that swims, the suggestion of eating fish makes me :scared: .

That said, I will offer a few random thoughts:

We ate at the Terrace Garden buffet (pizza) and it was okay. Nothing to write home about but the pizza was tasty enough.

We also ate at, and very much enjoyed, Voyageurs Smokehouse. Good food quality and great selection. We all had something different and there wasn't a complaint among us. Portion sizes were large enough that there was no way I could finish mine.

There were other participants on the dining plan that our stomach capacity simply didn't allow for us to try.

SeaWorld's dining plan is much cheaper than Disney's. You can use it for all three meals if so desired (we didn't eat breakfast there as our hotel included a breakfast buffet). And despite the lower cost than Disney, it also allows for unlimited use throughout the day.

So its all relative, in my opinion. Those that speak of Disney's counter service being superior (which I wouldn't necessarily disagree with) have to remember that a day on the Disney dining plan (even the quick service one) will be more than SeaWorld's daily cost, and has limitations on how much and how often you can eat.

For the price, I think the all day dining at SeaWorld is a great value. Next time, I would skip the pizza and pasta buffet and try another location (maybe the Spice Mill?) but I would not hesitate to purchase the dining pass again.

We loved being able to grab a fresh drink any time we wanted one, a snack any time the tummy rumbled, and filling up that teenaged boy whenever he needed it.

Thanks for the info. i think we will check out Voyageurs Smokehouse. the menu looks good.

My family did the All Day Dining plan Wednesday and loved it. The food quality was very good, and it was great to relax with a drink and a snack whenever we needed a break. The breakfast at Voyagers was surprisingly good, and we returned in the afternoon for ribs, corn on the cob, and baked beans. All were delicious. The boys enjoyed the burgers at Spice Mill. Our daughter, who is a nugget fanatic, loved the tenders at Mango Joe's. Fajita was OK. Everone appreciated the unlimited drinks, water, cookies, cakes, and fresh fruit.
Hope this helps,

Ron

would like to know this also. Seaworld food always seems to get even worse reviews than WDW

really? That surprises me. My family loves the food at SW. You don't have to go to sit downs and spend $30 a piece for a good meal. We don't eat hot dogs, burgers, or pizza when we go to SW because those pretty much are the same in any theme park. Last summer though when we decided to eat at CS in Hollywood Studios because it was raining, there was mostly just burgers on the menu and they were greasy and gave me heart burn for the day. In comparison at SW we usually get BBQ ribs, brisket, chicken or all 3 with fries, coleslaw, and really good cheesecake at Voyagers. We get the steak and chicken fajitas at Mango Joes, the deli sandwiches or the salads at the SandBar or the cheddar roast beef sandwiches at Seafire. If you are a burger person they probably have them somewhere, just can't remember where.

I have heard more comments that people think it is expensive food at SW but it is just a couple $ more than a burger at WDW to get a brisket meal. Getting the All-Day-Plan is the way to go if you like to eat more than 1 meal at the park.

I am always surprised by the folks that say WDW CS is better than SW, I would absolutely disagree. That isn't to say I don't eat at a few CS places when at Disney, and we definitely have faves there, like CHH at MK, for example, or the bbq at AK. But we love the selections at SW/BG, I would say the quality is as high or higher (and is much better than some places at Disney, ie Electric Umbrella for example can't compare at all :sick:)
Plus the desserts/options are MUCH better, and the variety is excellent as well. Also, we love the all day dine at SW/BG as it is a GREAT deal, since we can have breakfast, morning snack (usually fruit and water), lunch, mid afternoon snack, extra drink, supper, and sometimes evening snack again before we leave. We also love the bbq as well as the fajitas, thought the pizza buffet was ok, probably better tasting than pizza at WDW (which doesn't really say a LOT), but isn't our fave use there. Also love the sub sandwiches, the salads, etc.

Are there seaworld menus online?

Can you tell me your favorite snack at SW that is included on all day dining plan?

Thanks in advance!!

There WERE menus online, I haven't looked lately, so can't confirm if they are still there, or how up to date they are or how complete. As snacks that are included, we like strawberries, grapes, carrot and celery sticks with ranch. My sweet tooth kid will sometimes get a cookie or brownie (so basically the desserts/sides from the counter service restaurants). We have occasionally gotten popcorn, and IF you love popcorn and don't mind having something to carry, if you buy the souvenir bucket, you can get refills for like $0.89, which is handy as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter