Seating at the Bar, Anyone?

keercydeer

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know which of the TS restaurants offer bar seating where you can order off the menu? Or, a link to a list or previous post? I'll be travelling by myself and would appreciate the info. Thanks.

I think most areas have some sort of bar/food to go to.
On the Boardwalk I know you can at ESPN Club and Big River Grille.
Even Flying Fish has a bar type area where I have seen people served.
The bar area next to Artist Point at WL looks like they have a nice selection of food.
You also might want to try out that bar area to the left of Cooke's of Dublin (w/the Irish pub in DTD).
Olivia's at OKW had a nice bar area also. And there is Rix at CSR, and even a bar area outside at CSR.
And of course many like to drink around World Showcase.
But someone here probably has a nice extensive list. :lmao:

I ate solo from the full menu at the bar at 50's Prime Time. It was great. Nice bartenders as well. No schtick, but nice time.

Well, of course (duh me) the Irish Pub has a nice looking bar of it's own.
There is also that Paradiso (whatever # follows) on the now-dead PI. ;) Basically a tequila bar with food, I think.
I think the resort pool areas have bar areas too.

I was told last year by a CM at the Poly CL that you could walk in and get seating at the California Grill bar, and order from the restaurant menu.

me again... :lmao:
The Fountain at the Dolphin sells lots of foods and adult beverages. You can be seated at a table or at like a diner type bar area. One of their novelties are Beer Floats. Not root beer. Beer. (Unless their menu has changed.)

50's Prime Time and you don't have to order alcohol. I was dying for a PB&J milkshake and found out I could order it at the bar. Seemed like a great idea so we ended up eating dinner there.

I had a full dining plan meal at the Wave bar one night. Most patrons at the bar actually were eating dinner as the wait was long for a table.

Been there and done that!!
We eat at the bar whenever we can.

Flying Fish, Citricos, California Grill, Narcoossee's, Shula's, Paridiso, Blue Zoo all offer full meals at the bar. Jiko as well (so I'm told, tho we've not tried that one).
They say you can order a pretty good selection of Yachtsman Steakhouse fare from the bar next door (Crew's Cup Lounge)

Uncleromulus is right on! Tried many on list...Crew's Cup at the Yacht Club is lovely and quiet, the menu isn't as fancy or extensive as the Steakhouse, but I've had a quite lovely and filling meal there. The Wave at the Contemporary is great for dining at the bar. I've had a light dinner of a yummy flatbread and some sushi at the Tambu Lounge at the Poly. There's also an actual sushi bar by the Kona Cafe with bar seating only. One rainy day at DHS, we ducked into the Prime Time Cafe and discovered (as others have noted) you can order off the food menu at the bar. The Territory Lounge at WL (next to Artist's Point) has a nice but very limited menu. You could make a light meal out of it, but it's not the same menu as Artist's Point at all - much more bar fare. Nice cheese plate, tho!

This is probably a really stupid question, but can minors sit at the Kona Cafe Bar?

Minors can sit at any bar at WDW (except Jellyrolls) and order whatever they want (except for alcoholic beverages of course)

As a recent example I ate at the bar at Flying Fish on Saturday, a family was seated beside me with three kids who were definitely under 18, much less 21.

Been there and done that!!
We eat at the bar whenever we can.

Flying Fish, Citricos, California Grill, Narcoossee's, Shula's, Paridiso, Blue Zoo all offer full meals at the bar. Jiko as well (so I'm told, tho we've not tried that one).
They say you can order a pretty good selection of Yachtsman Steakhouse fare from the bar next door (Crew's Cup Lounge)

We at at the bar at FF last year, and loved it. This fall will be our first time at BZ and Shula's. Would you recommend the bar for a first visit?

Some of my favs, since I travel alone mostly.

WL lounge
Rainforest Cafe
Raglan Road
Paradiso 37
Prime Time 50's Cafe

Just back from Disney and ate at the Crew Cup at YC. The menu is now very limited, only one steak entree, several sandwiches and appys. I asked the server if we could order off Yachtsman's menu and she said no. So don't expect anything like the steakhouse next door and don't rely on any menus you see online. We weren't dissappointed, but had expected to see a larger menu.

We've also eaten at Narcosses bar (great every time) and the bar at Yak and Yeti. Both bars have lots of menu items and I believe the Y&Y had the full menu to order from.

And yes, you can order dinner at Jikos wine bar but there are only four seats. Theres the "Cooking Place" but thats not really a bar.

My DH and I eat at several bars every trip. Because its two adults it works for us.

Too bad about the Crew's Cup--the full YSH kitchen is right there, so I see no reason why they shouldn't offer the full menu. But I guess THEY must have some reason---
And Y&Y does serve the full menu at their bar.

PADisneycouple: Would recommend the bar at both--although there is no open kitchen as you had at FF, so no real "visual interaction" as you had there. We've also done the regular table at BZ and Shula's, and service was excellent at both. I guess it boils down to whether or not you are comfortable with sitting at the bar and feel you get the "full experience" of both restaurants.

I'm not sure how vast the selection is, but I've seen many guests over the years at Mizner's order food from Citricos.

I'm not sure how vast the selection is, but I've seen many guests over the years at Mizner's order food from Citricos.

When we ate at Narcosses' bar last week we spoke with the GM and he said Citricos had a very good bar menu as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter