• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seating at HDDR??

MarkandMatt'sMom

Earning My Ears
My sons are 1.75 and 4.5 years old and love all of Disney's characters. We attend at least one character meal per day when we are at WDW. I never really thought of the HDDR for our trip in July because I didn't think it would have the same appeal as the other character meals for the boys. We are taking my parents along. While visiting my parents today, my mother asked if we could go to HDDR. So I figured I would give it a shot.

Well, I just booked HDDR for Friday 7/9/04 for a party of 6, my husband and I, our sons and my parents. We are a fun-loving zany group.

Will we love it? (This will be our last sit-down meal of the trip so I want it to be memorable.)

Also, Is anyone familar with the layout of the hall? How bad could the position of our table be?

Thank you for any info. We are getting close down and I would love to finalize everything this week!!

We've seen this show twice and LOVED it both times. It's hysterical and I think your children will love the party atmosphere. We were once seated as close to the stage as possible (front, center). Another time we were seated toward the very back of the hall on the first floor, but that didn't stop them from getting one of us up on stage. I do think the performers engage everyone. I'm not sure if there are any obstructed view seats, but I doubt it.

I booked this less than 60 days out and was seated upstairs, center stage. It was a great seat. But, I really think they all are. My dd6 and ds4 LOVED the show! It was even better than I'd hoped! The food was great also. My son wasn't crazy about ribs or the chicken and the cm asked him if he'd like some cheese pizza. Of course He loved that and she brought it right out. We would do it again!

yes you will love it!

One trip we booked just a few weeks ahead and had what was probably the "worst" table in the house. Lower level very back corner of the place. We co7uld still see everything and still had a very fun time and they still got back to us to cheer our son on his birthday.

Hoop-Dee-Doo!!

Hi Mark & Matts Mom,

If, as you say, you are a fun-loving zany group, the HDD is the place for your family no matter what age. You will have a ball!! The food (all you can eat) is very good. We will be going in August with our two daughters and grandchildren. Our 6th time! Have fun!!!! Bob

Searching my memory banks before booking HDDR for August ...

Are there really tables and chairs upstairs if we get "stuck" up there ? I'm thinking that I read somewhere (?) that there were a series of counters with stools. Help me out here 'cause HDDR is NOT necessarily my DH's kinda place and a stool instead of a chair will not suit him. (We're taking him to the Cape May Cafe Clam Bake on another night, which will be more his speed. )
Did sitting upstairs ruin or minimize the fun for you ??

LeslieM,

We were at a table with chairs upstairs in the very center, so we just looked out and there was the stage. It was a great seat and we loved it. It was our first visit, so we have not ever sat on the floor. I can see how sitting on the floor might be even more fun, but I'd sit upstairs again! ::yes:: There was more activity on the floor, but they did come upstairs, too. In fact, Ms. Fora Long, came by our table and chatted. My kids even had her sign their autograph book!

I'm not positive, but the sides upstairs, may be counters??? Not sure on that!

Melinda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter