• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seating at Biergarten?

labdogs42

DIS Veteran
Is the seating at the Biergarten family style? Meaning, do they seat you at tables with other families or do you get your own table? I don't really mind either way, but I'd like to know before I go! Thanks!

The general method of seating there is communal - your party will be seated with other parties unless you have enough people in your own party to fill up a table.

Yep- definately with other families unless you have a large party.

we had such an awesome time when we were there last year and we were seated with such a nice family.......we all had a great time......once we were six of us and we had two others who enjoyed our company......always a good time and great food

we had such an awesome time when we were there last year and we were seated with such a nice family.......we all had a great time......once we were six of us and we had two others who enjoyed our company......always a good time and great food
We had the same experience getting seated with a really cool family! I was apprehensive, certain we'd get stuck with someone who didn't like kids or with someone where there would be a language barrier and be forced to exchange a lot of awkward smiles. Instead the other family had similarly aged kids! It worked out really well!

Yes..unless you have a big party you will sit with others. We (family of 4) had a fabulous time chatting with another very nice family while we were there. If you feel 'weird' sitting with others, just remember..the music is loud and lively, the atmosphere is very fun and festive, and the beers (if you partake) are HUGE :drinking1 so it does take the pressure off. ;) We very much enjoyed the food and thought it was a great dining experience. :thumbsup2

We have ADRs at Biergarten this September. This will be our first time dining there. When I called to schedule it, the CM told me that they have tables of 8. We have a party of 5. She said we would sit with a party of 2 or a party of 3.

We were seated with a loud, obnoxious family. The family was very much run by the loud grandfather in the group. They talked so loud that my family of three just sat there quietly. You could tell that they didn't realize that they would be seated with another family, and they didn't like it. We just hurried out of there. I'll not be going back anytime soon.

The Biergarden is fashion on the beer halls in Germany where everyone sit at same table. It can be fun & interesting. But they won't seat your party of two alone. They prefer to sit as many in a table as they can. Sometimers you get great table mates other times lousy ones. Depends. For a party of 10 they probally have two tables. But this I really don't know. But we enjoy it when we go. MHO

The tables seat 8 so, no to the poster who asked if the party of ten could be sat together. There's really not enough room to put another two at the table.

As far as the OP - yes, you will be seated with other people to make up a table of 8 (or 7). But, the food is not served family style. Family style is where large bowls or plates of food are set on the table and everyone helps themselves to it. The Biergarten is a true buffet where each individual gets up and helps themselves to the offerings along a line (not really a line but you know what I mean). The eight of you aren't going to be sharing one bowl of green beans or anything like that.

We have eaten at the Biergarten quite a bit and we're just two adults. We had one couple at our table (with three other people we didn't know) who were not friendly at all. Up and left after one plate without a word to anyone and they didn't talk, even to each other, while they were there. That was the only time we ever had an awkward situation. But once they left, the remaining five of us had a great time. Such a great time, we almost missed Illuminations!

Communal seating is true to Germany. Although from what my husband tells me, you can get slid down the bench quite a bit. So your dinner companion across the table might be two or three away from you by the time the meal is finished.

We were seated with a loud, obnoxious family. The family was very much run by the loud grandfather in the group. They talked so loud that my family of three just sat there quietly. You could tell that they didn't realize that they would be seated with another family, and they didn't like it. We just hurried out of there. I'll not be going back anytime soon.

That family was quite stupid (sorry for being blunt but they were). You are told at the time of your reservation that you will be seated with others. You are told when you check in you will be seated with others. You are led to your table (usually) with others. You can see before you sit down you will be seated with others. Was the light bulb in their head turned off for the day?

Sorry you had a bad experience but please don't dismiss this place because of one stupid family happened to be in the same place at the same time as you.

That family was quite stupid (sorry for being blunt but they were). You are told at the time of your reservation that you will be seated with others. You are told when you check in you will be seated with others. You are led to your table (usually) with others. You can see before you sit down you will be seated with others. Was the light bulb in their head turned off for the day?

Sorry you had a bad experience but please don't dismiss this place because of one stupid family happened to be in the same place at the same time as you.

Agree 100% with this...my folks have been to Biergarten several times, have always had a blast with newly-made friends at their tables there. But when we went, we three were seated with a family of 3 who apparently seriously frowned on beer-drinking...looks of disgust in our direction when we were served beer...in a Beer garden, for gosh-sakes! And the 3rd party, an elderly couple, moved their dishes, drink & chairs so far to the end to get away from the rest of the table they blocked the aisle & almost dumped all their food off the table:scared1: Luckily, our party was seated on the end next to the stage/dance floor so we had a good view of the show, even if our table-mates were seriously unfriendly (and yes, they all spoke un-accented English, so it wasn't a language-barrier issue!)

We'll still go back one of these times, though...loved the food & the show. And one day, we'll get one of those "fun" tables!:woohoo:

I have had a couple of parties that were added to tables with my party who felt they had to give us the Charles Manson look (the expression on their faces would probably not have been any different had they been seated with Charles Manson) but I tend to order more beer and forget about it. They're the ones who want to be miserable about something they can't control.

If they're told when they check in that their party won't be seated alone, why don't they just decline to eat there rather than sit down while giving off "We hate your guts" vibes to the other parties?

I thought that's how the seating was, but the CM didn't mention it when I made the reservation. We are a party of five, so I hope the people seated with us like us! And I hope they don't mind beer drinkers!! :drinking1 Thanks for the scoop! We'll see how it goes!

We have reservations there in August!!! We are a party of 18:scared1: 9 adults and 9 kids...
How do you suppose we'll be seated if they are tables of 8? Maybe 8, 8, and 2? Would they allow 9 and 9, since my 2 nieces are VERY petite, and we could actually fit that way.:confused3
Thanks for any info.....

I thought that's how the seating was, but the CM didn't mention it when I made the reservation. We are a party of five, so I hope the people seated with us like us! And I hope they don't mind beer drinkers!! :drinking1 Thanks for the scoop! We'll see how it goes!

I'm sure you aren't going at the same time as us but we'd join you. Beer drinking, yep. And I'm even from Pennsylvania originally.

BTW - for the beer - if you can't drink the entire thing (they are BIG), you can ask for and receive a "to go" cup at the end. If that hadn't been available, I might still be there finishing the beer!

Has anyone gone solo?

I am making my first solo trip on 8/24 and think I want to try this restaurant.

Thanks!

Has anyone gone solo?

I am making my first solo trip on 8/24 and think I want to try this restaurant.

Thanks!

I've been three times (once solo, once with my mom, and once with my husband). I've had a different experience each time. The first time solo they sat me with seven men (a party of four and a party of three). I was the only female at the table and none of us were comfortable. I ate one very small plate and got the heck out of there, thinking I'd never enter those doors again. Less than a year later, my mom wanted to try it. I wasn't thrilled, but agreed. We had a party of four other females and a young couple at our table. We had a blast. I went back last year with my husband. We were seated with a young couple from Conneticut. The wife was not happy and was letting everyone know it. I felt so sorry for her embarrassed husband. She just kept demanding a table for two. The husband finally told her to shut up and sit down. They sat at the opposite end of the table from us with her pouting the whole meal. Almost immediately the hostess brought two couples to the table who lived locally and they were seated in between us. They were hilarious and had lots of good tourist stories to tell us. Even the husband of the pouting woman got involved. We had a good time, but the pouter was a little offputting.

As far as going solo, if you are outgoing and don't get put in the same situation I was in, with being the only female at a table with seven males, you'll be fine. I'm going back in Sept, but will be meeting some fellow DISers there, so I know who at least six of my tablemates will be. If a solo gets seated with us, they'll be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter