Seat assignment on Song???

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by antkim, May 12, 2005.

1. antkim

antkim <font color=teal>"Easy to love"<br><font color=dee

Well, I just booked my outbound flight for next April! When I went to choose my seats they had the front available! So I took 4 seats in the front of the plane. Anyone know if it is better up front on Song than in the back? Usually these seat are not available to choose...so I jumped on them! LOL I can always switch to the back.

Anyone? Just wondering what the big deal is about the front of the plane?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. debster812

debster812 <font color=blue>DIS Earth Angel!<br><font color=0

Kim--we like the front seats in the Song planes too.

You usually board in the 2nd group. But, you can usually SCOOT right off the plane when you arrive.

I also found that the cabin, because it was smaller, seemed quieter. And because you are in front of the engines, you don't have as much engine noise.

I always try to get rows 5 or 6 when we fly Song.

Signed, your Transportation Board Stalker, Debbie :rotfl:

4. gw_lit

gw_lit DIS Veteran

Basically, the advantage of being in front is that you're one of the first to de-plane. If you're in the back, it could be 5 minutes longer depending on how crowded the plane is and how quickly people get their carry-on luggage and get off the plane.

Remember, if you're in the very front row, you won't have any storage under the seat in front of you. You'll have to keep everything in the overhead bin, which probably isn't the best situation if you're travelling with children.

5. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

Wow Kim...I love those front seats but haven't been able to snag one in quite awhile. The last time I had them, I lost them about 3 months before our trip. The flight departure changed by 15 minutes and the seats all got changed..well, at least mine did. I ended up 3/4 of the way back in the plane. I like to fly toward the front due to some 'issues' I have. I just hate staring at the backs of all those seats...just makes me nervous for some reason. I would just keep double checking to make sure you keep those seats.

6. jcodespoti

jcodespoti <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Personally I like row 17. Its an exit row, but the seats recline..almost like first class.

Joe in ct

7. julybride

julybride Mouseketeer

Here is a link to the SONG seat map from www.seatguru.com

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Delta_Airlines/Delta_Airlines_Boeing_757-200_SONG.php

HTH

8. dvc guy

dvc guy DIS Veteran

As posted rows 1-8 are nice, but they have the same leg room as the rest of the plane. Row 8 has limited recline due to the wall. They do assign that row at check in and DW likes those seats Row 8 ABC have a little more recline then DEF.

9. disneyobessed

disneyobessed DIS Veteran

do all the seats on Song have TVs? if so are there childrens channels?

10. dvc guy

dvc guy DIS Veteran

Yes all seats. Go to flysong.com and you can get a list. Song also has about 10 pay per view movies at a cost of 5 each, they usually have a few kids movies. We love Song and all the TV/Movie/Game/Music :flower: :sunny: options