Season of The Force details

I saw that press release, but like soniam mentioned, no note of days vs weekends, name, whether or not it will be seasonal, or anything that the news sites are reporting on. Not that I don't trust the news sites, just curious about their origins.

Would the fireworks start after the last Fantasmic! ?
That would be my guess, or in between them on nights there are 2 shows. That seems to be in line with past schedules

Would the fireworks start after the last Fantasmic! ?

They start after the first Fantasmic. There has always been two F! when they do the Star Wars Weekends or Frozen fireworks. Not sure what happens if there is only one F!. If you want to see both, it's best to do the fireworks and then the last F!.

This is just my opinion on the Season Of The Force at WDW, in comparison to DLR. I just feel like it is going to be very disappointing.

Let me start with the Disneyland version. I think the Disneyland version is perfect. I think it actually feels like a limited and special event. All of the new Star Wars attractions are all opening at the same time: Star Wars Launch Bay, Hyperspace Mountain, Path of the Jedi, a new Star Tours sequence, tons of new Star Wars collectibles (Tie Fighter Popcorn, BB-8 Cup, etc..), new character meet and greets (Disneyland really never had Darth Vader or Chewbacca M&G in the past at DLR), and other small things (lighting, music, etc..). Also, this all located right next to each other in Tomorrowland, so it feels more inclusive. The timing is way way way way way (I don't know how many ways I need to put to emphasize) better. First, as mentioned, all of the new attractions are opening at once and this is happening one month before the release of The Force Awakens. With all of the advertising, Season of the Force at Disneyland feels more like a red carpet event leading to The Force Awakens.

Now lets move to WDW aka Hollywood Studios. All of the Star Wars attractions are opening in phases. First, the new Star Tours sequence, then Star Wars Launch Bay (12/1), and character M&G, and Jedi Training, then finally they have Season of the Force on 1/5, where the only addition we get is Path of the Jedi and Fireworks. Essentially, the timing is very very very bad. I get they want to play catch up and open things near the same time as DLR. However, when the only two things you need to do is a movie and fireworks and a little extra effort to open a gallery with M&G to play catch up. It just seems like WDW is super lazy in comparison to DLR. Hollywood Studios can't help it, but they don't have Hyperspace Mountain (which is probably the best thing of Season of the Force at DLR), but they make it up with a half-***** version of Star Wars Weekends of fireworks, which they couldn't get ready by 11/16. But still Hollywood Studios doesn't have that attraction. Another issue is that all of the stuff is spread through out the park and not in one central location. Essentially, this event is suppose to be replacing Star Wars Weekends, correct? The best part of Star Wars Weekends was the tons of Star Wars characters that you can meet from Luke Skywalker, Darth Maul, Boba Fett to freaking Mace Windu. Now you don't have that opportunity, you can't meet Mark Hamill or Warwick Davis, you don't have the Star Wars parade, Hyperspace Hoopla, but you can get a Darth Vader cupcake.

Overall, I feel like WDW is being lazy with Season of the Force. Terrible timing, not taking advantage of the release of The Force Awakens, non-centralized location, half-*** version of fireworks (most likely) (which replaces not having hyperspace mountain and Star Wars Weekends), less character M&G (w/o Star Wars Weekends), and really only opening Path of the Jedi for the new event.

This is just my opinion on the Season Of The Force at WDW, in comparison to DLR. I just feel like it is going to be very disappointing.

Let me start with the Disneyland version. I think the Disneyland version is perfect. I think it actually feels like a limited and special event. All of the new Star Wars attractions are all opening at the same time: Star Wars Launch Bay, Hyperspace Mountain, Path of the Jedi, a new Star Tours sequence, tons of new Star Wars collectibles (Tie Fighter Popcorn, BB-8 Cup, etc..), new character meet and greets (Disneyland really never had Darth Vader or Chewbacca M&G in the past at DLR), and other small things (lighting, music, etc..). Also, this all located right next to each other in Tomorrowland, so it feels more inclusive. The timing is way way way way way (I don't know how many ways I need to put to emphasize) better. First, as mentioned, all of the new attractions are opening at once and this is happening one month before the release of The Force Awakens. With all of the advertising, Season of the Force at Disneyland feels more like a red carpet event leading to The Force Awakens.

Now lets move to WDW aka Hollywood Studios. All of the Star Wars attractions are opening in phases. First, the new Star Tours sequence, then Star Wars Launch Bay (12/1), and character M&G, and Jedi Training, then finally they have Season of the Force on 1/5, where the only addition we get is Path of the Jedi and Fireworks. Essentially, the timing is very very very bad. I get they want to play catch up and open things near the same time as DLR. However, when the only two things you need to do is a movie and fireworks and a little extra effort to open a gallery with M&G to play catch up. It just seems like WDW is super lazy in comparison to DLR. Hollywood Studios can't help it, but they don't have Hyperspace Mountain (which is probably the best thing of Season of the Force at DLR), but they make it up with a half-***** version of Star Wars Weekends of fireworks, which they couldn't get ready by 11/16. But still Hollywood Studios doesn't have that attraction. Another issue is that all of the stuff is spread through out the park and not in one central location. Essentially, this event is suppose to be replacing Star Wars Weekends, correct? The best part of Star Wars Weekends was the tons of Star Wars characters that you can meet from Luke Skywalker, Darth Maul, Boba Fett to freaking Mace Windu. Now you don't have that opportunity, you can't meet Mark Hamill or Warwick Davis, you don't have the Star Wars parade, Hyperspace Hoopla, but you can get a Darth Vader cupcake.

Overall, I feel like WDW is being lazy with Season of the Force. Terrible timing, not taking advantage of the release of The Force Awakens, non-centralized location, half-*** version of fireworks (most likely) (which replaces not having hyperspace mountain and Star Wars Weekends), less character M&G (w/o Star Wars Weekends), and really only opening Path of the Jedi for the new event.
I think that might be the reason why DHS isn't calling it Season of the Force anymore because of the limited offerings. DHS of course doesn't have Space mountain to retheme for the event. I would expect food offerings to come along tho. Don't forget there is a dessert party for the fireworks! (we can never have enough of those)

And just how often does DLR not come out on the better end of these type of announcements.

Hope the Fireworks are every night.... would be a great way to keep guest at DHS and help with MK night time crowds.

I think that might be the reason why DHS isn't calling it Season of the Force anymore because of the limited offerings. DHS of course doesn't have Space mountain to retheme for the event. I would expect food offerings to come along tho. Don't forget there is a dessert party for the fireworks! (we can never have enough of those)

Wdw doesn't have a space mountain to retheme anywhere...

Because the one they do have was never given the upgrades that Disneyland got in the late 90's...

But I'm sure there are "dozens" of good reasons

Last edited:

And just how often does DLR not come out on the better end of these type of announcements.

Hope the Fireworks are every night.... would be a great way to keep guest at DHS and help with MK night time crowds.

Nowadays? Never.

Eisner: Orlando>California

Iger: China>California>we have a park in Florida?

I'm exaggerating...some...

...but how much?

Last edited:
Wdw doesn't have a space mountain to retheming anywhere...

Because the one they do have was never given the upgrades that Disneyland got in the late 90's...

But I'm sure there are "dozens" of good reasons
It was supposed to get those upgrades as well. You can tell by all the markings on the steel when the lights are on.

Space mountain is the next pirates it's going to have major problems that guests will start to notice sooner rather than later.

Isn't DHS getting a Villian Thing on Saturday nights in this same time period? I can see not wanting to also only have fire works on the weekends for crowd balancing perspective.

When we were in DHS on Nov 5th, the Wattos Grotto area was looking pretty spiffy - seemed it would be a nice gift shop, good meet and greet area, snowspeeder was ready etc and they have the big signs up over at the former animation academy. I think that they are legitimately trying to find ways to make Star Wars permanent FASTER in DHS than take away something.

We are not back until the Dark Side half and just hope that it sticks around until then!!

For the record - we loved space mountain st DL getting rethemed seasonally for Ghostly Galaxy but I am not sure that everyone who goes to WDW would appreciate it if their one time in a lifetime visit had things like the ghostly overlay - even if we get the space maintenance updates, we still might not get the overlays (although at least the Star Wars one is aligned to the space theme!)

Isn't DHS getting a Villian Thing on Saturday nights in this same time period? I can see not wanting to also only have fire works on the weekends for crowd balancing perspective.

When we were in DHS on Nov 5th, the Wattos Grotto area was looking pretty spiffy - seemed it would be a nice gift shop, good meet and greet area, snowspeeder was ready etc and they have the big signs up over at the former animation academy. I think that they are legitimately trying to find ways to make Star Wars permanent FASTER in DHS than take away something.

We are not back until the Dark Side half and just hope that it sticks around until then!!

For the record - we loved space mountain st DL getting rethemed seasonally for Ghostly Galaxy but I am not sure that everyone who goes to WDW would appreciate it if their one time in a lifetime visit had things like the ghostly overlay - even if we get the space maintenance updates, we still might not get the overlays (although at least the Star Wars one is aligned to the space theme!)
The Club Villain thing is only ok Saturday's and it's a hard ticket event.

The Club Villain thing is only ok Saturday's and it's a hard ticket event.

Right - but if that were stacked on the same nights as exclusive Star Wars fire works I think it would not lead to good crowd dispersion and put guests in an awkward position to choose one'll one?

Right - but if that were stacked on the same nights as exclusive Star Wars fire works I think it would not lead to good crowd dispersion and put guests in an awkward position to choose one'll one?
Club Villian is a niche upsell that won't be purchased in volume.

Fireworks are completely different

I see someone saying it in their forum, but still nothing official. We have been guessing for a while now that they were going to be more often than just the weekends. Disney needs to get off the couch and announce something. I need to figure out if I need to book March or June flights:sad2:

I see someone saying it in their forum, but still nothing official. We have been guessing for a while now that they were going to be more often than just the weekends. Disney needs to get off the couch and announce something. I need to figure out if I need to book March or June flights:sad2:
I am going to trust the source on this one.

We are going to be running in the Dark Side race - if Disney doesn't run this until atleast then, I will be SOO angry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter