seasick meds. for toddler? Help !

Cindyann2

Earning My Ears
My 2 1/2 year old is very prone to motion sickness. Her doctor said it isnt safe to give her the usual medicines. I am not sure if she will keep a seaband on her wrist! If she is constantly sick our trip will be ruined! Any advice? Thanks in advance.

For a child that young, you need to consult with your pediatrician. I have heard that some will recommend children to take benadryl, but again, your pediatrician knows your child.

I would suggest trying the Seabands....that's what my doctor suggested for our 6 yr old. She said the motion sickness meds would knock him out.

Yes, it's true that a child that is under the age of 12, can't take the usual motion sickness medicines (Bonine). It's only approved for children over 12, and the only alternative for a child that young is Children's Benadryl, which doesn't contain any Bonine. It isn't as effective as medicines that contain Bonine, but it's the only alternative at that age.

Just got back from the May 1st eastern cruise. Just so happens that one of our travel companions have a 2 1/2 year old that is very prone to motion sickness. Now I don't know the name of the medication, but I do know it was perscribed by their pediatrican. The little one was fine as long as he took the medication. He got sick the day they decided to skip it, so it must work.

I would call your pediatrican to get the correct medication for toddlers.

Benadryl is what was recommended by my ped for my 3 and 4 year olds. Never had to give it to them though. My 3 year old is very prone to motion sickness too. My ped said that moiton sickness meds act unpredictably in young children.

Denae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter