• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seasick in March?

L

LuVermont

Sailing next week and know that certain times of year the seas are rougher than other times. Anyone return from recent cruise and experience seasickness? What recommendations do you have for kids or adults---dramamine vs patches?

I cruised in June last time. I get motion sick very easily, I used a patch and for me it was great. I will use it again this time. Which cruise are you taking? We will be on the Magic 3/9.

We sailed last march and did not get seasick. We did experience rough seas though. I have heard a lot of people recommend Ginger for Children such as ginger snaps, ginger ale, and crystalized ginger.

Hi,

We just got back and the seas were rough! They said 8-13 feet
on the DCL channel in the room on our first and last night.
My husband gets really seasick and he did have to leave dinner the first night. But he took the Bonine right before dinner and I think it was too late to help him. He took it everyday after that and he was fine. The last night was worse than the first night, in my opinion, and he said he felt fine..

If our kids DS 7 & DS 4 don't like the flavor of ginger, what do you recommend for sea sickness? Chewables? 9 days to go.
Ideas?:(

...are you on the 3/9 magic?

as for the ginger, my dh bought ginger gel pills that he gave to our boys (not the 3yo as they have to be swallowed) and they had no problems with it. personally, i like ginger (LOVE ginger snaps) but the pills left me burping (sorry, but there isn't any other way to say it ;) ) ginger all day. i stopped taking it, but didn't really have any seasickness problems.

Can't count very well :)
Thanks for the ginger pill info...don't know how the kids will do if there are 10' seas and we're on deck 8?!
I guess the infirmary will give out regular seasick pills or do you bring them as backup?
:o

We cruised in March and the first night was a bit rough at the late dinner seating. We were tossed around a bit walking back to our room. The kids never got sick but I took the Bonine right when I felt the ship beginning to move. Really worked and only had to take it once. The first night was really the roughest.

BONINE BONINE BONINE...Oh did I mention BONINE?!?! Available at Walmart.Best stuff in the world. You can get a prescription for it...called Antivert. Take it BEFORE the ship leaves. If you wait and take it after your feeling sick..well.......just doesnt work. For kiddos... They have Childrens chewable dramamine. I only gave my dd who is 6... 1/2 of a tablet. It made her a little sleepy. Better to be safe then sorry. The seas can be calm or rougher then all get out no matter what time of the year.

Thanks for all the Bonine, bonine and Dram. suggestions!!!
Great board!!
Now 9 days to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter