Sears Outlet for Appliances?

DizneyLizzy

DIS Veteran
Who has shopped at Sears Outlet for appliances and can share any experiences?

I would only be interested in new (not refurbished) appliances that may have a dent or some other minor inconsistency. From scanning the online inventory for my local stores, it seems like the prices are good.

My goal is to buy a dishwasher before Christmas. I was going to just shop the Black Friday sales, until I thought of the Sears Outlet. If anyone has any input or insight, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

I bought a Frigidaire microwave that matched my stove there about five years ago. The microwave had no flaws that I could see and the price was great. I'd do it again.

if you are looking for an inexpensive dishwasher check out slickdeals .net it is on the front page DO NOT BUY THROUGH the link as this site is a cash back site. Sears has a Kenmore stainless which is made by whirlpool one for 199 and you might be able to use a few other discounts and get it for less... Greatest dishwasher no... good dishwasher that will was your dishes yes.. great deal yes 50 times....

if you are looking for an inexpensive dishwasher check out slickdeals .net it is on the front page DO NOT BUY THROUGH the link as this site is a cash back site. Sears has a Kenmore stainless which is made by whirlpool one for 199 and you might be able to use a few other discounts and get it for less... Greatest dishwasher no... good dishwasher that will was your dishes yes.. great deal yes 50 times....

And, why, pray tell, does it matter to you if someone uses the Slickdeals link?

That is how Slickdeals pays its bills and makes a profit. If no one clicked through; Slickdeals would disappear and then you would have no more "slick deals" to save on? You make no sense, unless I am missing something....

Oh, as for outlet buying, it has been a few years since I did, but try to get a good look before you pay as some of the stuff can be pretty beat-up.

Other than that, no problems.

Last edited:

I have purchased a jennair cooktop, kenmore double oven, and a nordic track elyptical. All for very good prices. I look online to see what they have at my local store. Then walked in and bought. All were new. Elyptical was floor model, so I got the extended warranty--still working great 3 years later. My cooktop was 1/2 of the going rate.

I haven't but a friend bought a new stove from the local outlet center about a year ago. It was dented on one of the sides (which didn't bother him, counters were on either side). Got it for near 50% off and still came with the full warranty. He has been happy with it.

We bought a refrigerator there once which had a slight dent on one side. It came with a full warranty and worked great! I was very pleased with it. It lasted a long time!

I would be very cautious about buying from Sears. I would be surprised if they are in business next year. How can you lose money for 10 years in a row and still survive?

My issue would be less abut the "scratch and dent" part, and more about Sears generally (as the PP said), and specifically about their poor customer service. It's all fine until you have a problem and need a part replaced. Personally, I wouldn't buy anything from Sears, just for that reason.

If you're interested in scratch and dent deals, look around--most appliance stores have them. Last year, DH and I got a stainless fridge, the kind with french doors and a refrigerator drawer, for $1000 off the regular $2300 price, at Lowe's. Someone had ordered it without measuring properly, it didn't fit, and it got returned and marked down--still with the plastic coverings on the shelves. They also had appliances on sale that day, so it was marked down further.

Appliances are generally on sale the last two months of the year--if you have some time to look around, it would be worth your while.

Thanks for all of the replies! I'm going to keep doing my research, and see how the Black Friday deals are. If they're not great, then I'll probably hit the outlet. I bought a washer/dryer at Sears in 2009, and didn't have a big problem with their customer service, but I also haven't needed any yet :-) Finger crossed!

I purchased a french-door refrigerator from sears outlet. has a small dent on top which you cannot see. awesome deal. I paid the extra shipping cost (nationwide) as I was able to get the fridge I wanted for quite a bit less than the same fridge at a closer sears outlet store to me. We had the fridge for about 6 months now, and no problems what so ever.

Hello Dizney Lizzy,

We have a 10 year old Kenmore Dryer purchased from the outlet store. Had a small dent. It has behaved fine for us.

Regarding the dishwasher, it is important to determine which brands are reliable and have good parts support. Consumer Reports is a great resource.

We have had good luck with whirlpool dishwashers.

Good luck!

I purchased a stand alone freezer probably like 25 years ago from a Sears Outlet. It had a dent on one side, and not even on the side that faced out in the garage and basement where I have had it since. I have never had a problem with it. Though I am sure it is very inefficient compared to newer models now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter