searching for good ipod earphones that aren't too expensive

r4blessings

DIS Veteran
I've had my ipod for a few years and love it, but just recently started using it while I'm working out. Usually I'm walking around my neighborhood, or on the treadmill and I've found that if I'm "power-walking" or running my earphones keep falling out of my ears.:headache:

Does anyone have earphones that they use or can recommend? If they are inexpensive, great, but even if they are not, but work I'd like to hear about them. I'm having a hard enough time running without having to keep stopping to put an earphone back in.:rotfl:

Any headphones/earphones should work - the jack size is the same on all of them so brand won't matter and they don't need to be "for an ipod". If you are being active I'd look at the larger over the ear kind (old fashioned type) or the hook over the hear (like a cell phone bluetooth device) - they'll stay in place better than any ear buds would.

I got some really good sony ones from Target a couple of weeks ago, they were $15 on sale. I run in them just fine, no issues with falling out and they are VERY comfortable.

Ear buds, like the standard ones that come with your ipod have always really hurt my ears, they don't work for me.

I bought my DD(14) a pair of earphones (skullcandy) for $7.00 and they are great. We got them at Staples on clearance.

I like my skullcandy earbuds. They were $15 at Target. They stay in my ears while I am on the treadmill and they are comfortable and the sound is good too.

I had a lot of problems getting any of the earbuds to fit my ear I tried the skullcandy kind, and another one to but none worked. I fianlly bought a pair of Nike ones that hook over your ear and I love them I think they were about 30 something at Target.

for my workouts i use sony headphones that i got at target for $12 that wrap around my ears. they never fall out.

I bought some Sony ones yesterday from Best Buy for $26 and they are great. I thought they would be a big waste of money, but they stay in well (there are three sizes of buds in the package to choose from) and they make a little suction to your ear, so they stay in and help keep outside noises out.

earbuds don't stay in my ears either.....

I love my sony lightweight over the head ones (best buy less than $10) but is you are really sweating like when running i've gotten small shocks from them.

I recently got an elcheapo pair of the new marshmellow kind that look like little plugs for your ears at Five Below to try them out.

The sound quality wasn't great but they stay in quite nicely. I plan to get a better brand of these same type when finances allow. (ie maybe after our yard sale.)

skullcandy!
i love mine. and they have lots of different styles to choose from. they are usually between $14 - $50 in price.
i also liked the jvc marshmallow ones, but the squishy piece that goes into your ear can crack over time, and need to be replaced.

I like my skullcandy earbuds. They were $15 at Target. They stay in my ears while I am on the treadmill and they are comfortable and the sound is good too.

I love my skullcandy earbuds. They are the only ones I've found that will stay in my ears and the sound is wonderful, with them in I can't hear any outside noise. My ds was always taking mine so I had to go and buy him a pair also

Another vote for Skullcandy buds...got ours for super cheap on Amazon several months back. They come with different size ends and if you have the right size, they never fall out :thumbsup2

I LOVE my SkullCandy ear phones that I got at Target on sale for 14.99--I think they are regularly 19.99. I had the same problem as you did, with them falling out when power walking. DD, 11, loves them as well. She is starting puberty and was getting blocked pores in her ears from those...resulted in some nasty blackheads that hurt like anything. She has not had a problem since she switched!:goodvibes

Love skullcandy! I think we went through 10 different kinds of headphones before we found something that would stay in DH's ears and are comfortable to wear for extended periods of time(and budget friendly).

thanks for all the replies....I'm off to do some on-line browsing. I have heard some really good things about skull candy earphones so I might try them, and I'm glad to hear that there is hope for better fitting ones.

Just goes to show....always ask a dis'r!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter