Search functionon this board

darkcyber

Earning My Ears
Ok, I didn't know where else to put this...so if this is the wrong place, I'm sorry.

Can anyone get the search function to work? On numerous boards I go in and search by author name to find my posts and those who have replied. But I cannot get the search function to work on this board. I've tried searching via 'keyword' and 'author' and both return the same results...cannot find a match.

Is it just me or does the search not work?

I've used the search button many of times and most of the time it doesn't work. I think I remember seeing another post about this and they also said that it wasn't working for them either. One thing you could do is go to the Tech board and they might be able to help you out.

Ive never had an issue. I must get it on a good day. I always do the Advanced Search, and put in a few key words, and search within the section I think its in.

Usually I have to search through three or four pages of threads, but I find it.

If you are searching for a thread that you started, I think you can subscribe to threads, and check them under UserCP????

It doesn't usually work for me, I don't even bother trying anymore.

I thought that when they took the board down briefly a couple of weeks ago that they were working on it?

It actually works very well for me.

I click on the "search this forum" link at the top of the page, and then I just hit "go" without typing anything in. That takes me to "advanced search." Then I type in what I'm looking for, in quotes...such as "MVMCP" or "Crystal Palace," hit "sort results by start thread date," and click "search now."

It always works...maybe I have a magical keyboard!

Ive never had an issue. I must get it on a good day. I always do the Advanced Search, and put in a few key words, and search within the section I think its in.

Usually I have to search through three or four pages of threads, but I find it.

If you are searching for a thread that you started, I think you can subscribe to threads, and check them under UserCP????

I tried the subscribing thing and got bombarded with tons of emails...so I un-subscribed. It would just be nice if the search function would work. :)

This is the only forum I've run into where it doesn't work...and you know everyone always says to Search for your answer before you post your question...can't do that...lol!

Thanks...glad it's not just me.

I tried the subscribing thing and got bombarded with tons of emails...so I un-subscribed. It would just be nice if the search function would work. :)

This is the only forum I've run into where it doesn't work...and you know everyone always says to Search for your answer before you post your question...can't do that...lol!

Thanks...glad it's not just me.

I know..that's the main problem with subscribing. It's like "Enough already with the emails":headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter