• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seafoood Buffet @ Cape May Cafe--How about it??

Add me to the list of the unimpressed. The food isn't bad but it's not even as good as Red Lobster.

colleen costello said:
They make a dessert called "Oreo Bon Bons" that I have heard is wonderful! I will post about it when I return.

Worth the price of admission alone for a chocolate lover. Little bits of heaven.

Mis4Mouse said:
We live close to the ocean in MA and so we are kind of seafood snobs....

However, we went to the Cape May buffet with the kids - and though it was no where near as good as the seafood we enjoy here, it was a nice meal and we had a really fun time. I didn't expect it to be anything like what we were used to, so we weren't disappointed.

Not fancy, basic fare, filling, and the service was really good.

The place is great for kids, casual - lots of families and larger groups.... not too crazy, but made for a festive atmosphere.

Lots of birthdays were announced which was fun.

Just make sure you note, it's not in the Lobby of the YC but very close to the lobby at the BC - you can get there through the lobby if you come in through the Beach Club Lobby. We walked there from our room at the YC and it was a short walk, so go via Beach Club - it's much closer.

It's not the best place to get seafood, but it's definitely not the worst I've ever had either....

We're going again in Oct!

Susan

I agree with you, Susan! We are from Marblehead, and just don't bother to eat seafood away from home, which is a nice change sometimes! LOL! And we love Cape May, too.

I brought a party of ten people here, and everyone raved about it! (Again, not many people did the mussels, but a few tried the crab legs - excellent!). And as others have mentioned, the Oreo Bon Bons are worth the trip.

Go and enjoy!

Wow, reading the first page of this threa, I am surprised! This is our fav restaurant on property. We love the seafood especially. As for the shells being empty, this can be true. Many tend to pop out while steaming. When I get my mussels and clams, I dig deep. I always get lots. Plus I don't have as many to get out of shell. Love that!!

Yes, sometimes the fish is fried and sometimes it is broiled. It changes from time to time depending on what they get in fresh. My favorite has been the broiled salmon with garlic lemon sauce. And I have never had the shrimp over done. It's always been just right. Perhaps the person that posted that was at the bottem of the chaffer where it was more warm and continued to get cooked. Not sure. And I lOVE their clam chowder. They have gotten awards because of it. And it is New England style as well.

And yes, the best dessert is the Oreo Bon Bons. They are delish!! And the Flan with fresh berries is quite good as well.

They usually have steamship round hand craved which is good, be sure and have the horse radish sauce with it. And the other non seafood items are usually grilled chicken, BBQ ribs, sauteed mix veggies, some sort of pasta dish, smoked sausage, and garlic mashers. Hope this ino helps.

I like what another poster said, No matter what the posters may say, look at the menu. If the choices appeal to you. Give it a try.

Have fun!
Blessings,
Winnie

Thanks for the great info!! I know everyone has different tastes and experiences--I think we will enjoy it--we're gonna give it a try and I will let you all know!! I was just surprised I never hear anything about it. :flower:

Our family really likes the clam bake. We are doing it the first night of our trip in Dec. The crab legs were very good. :)

We are going too! I think we will enjoy it. That is going to be dinner the night of Animal Kingdom since the park closes early.

Thanks for the input. Now I have to see if it is on the dining plan. Anyone know.

Savin4Disney- Hi!

Cape May Cafe is on the dining list from disney.com

I hope I can get my DH to go--he loves crab legs.

Cape May is now our favorite meal on Disney property. We have never been disappointed. The ribs are excellent as are the clams and mussels. Excellent dessert table, the oreo bon bons are to die for. We are eating at Cape May twice on our next trip to WDW. Go and enjoy! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter