• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seafoood Buffet @ Cape May Cafe--How about it??

kitty2kidz

Mouseketeer
I never see much posted on the Cape May Cafe dinner buffet --Can anyone tell me more about it?? Reviews-food -atmosphere? On a whim I canged an ADR for Narcoossees for dinner (2TS and maybe too formal and drawn out for the DD's) to the Cape May buffet (which I believe will be more casual) And we are doing MGM that evening--what do you think??? I have been to disney many times and considered eating here many times, but for whatever reason I have always bypassed it in the past. Any info is greatly appreciated TIA!! :chat: :fish: :boat: :hyper2:

We ate there once, and I thought it was good. They have a nice selection of items on the menu ( not all seafood for those who like other things ). It's certainly worth a look if you haven't been before. I would go again.

We have gone to the Cape May seafood buffet twice. It is a great place to go with kids. The can draw on the table cloth and they have lots of kid friendly food. We really liked the food and had a great time. Hope this helps! Have fun!

Laurie

kitty2kidz said:
ANYBODY with any info?

We've eaten there serveral times for dinner. It's awesome - 1 of my top 5 fav. I think it gets over looked by so many because it's a buffet.

Can you tell me where in Disney World this is? Do I need AR for it? My sister and I want to go there in Nov.

It is in the lobby of Yacht/Beach. You might get in with a walk-up but I would make a reservation if you know when you want to go.

We leave Sunday for WDW and are having dinner for the first time at Cape May. Between the seafood and "regular" food I think it will please everyone in our fussy group. They make a dessert called "Oreo Bon Bons" that I have heard is wonderful! I will post about it when I return.

Savin4Disney said:
Can you tell me where in Disney World this is? Do I need AR for it? My sister and I want to go there in Nov.

It's in the Beach Club resort next to the lobby. I would make a AR for it.

My family thought that the "clam bake" part of the buffet was by far the weakest part.

The mussels tasted funny. Most of the clamshells were empty. The shrimp was WAY overcooked. The other fish was fried (like for fish and chips). The problem with that is that they only put out one skillet full at a time, containing about 6 pieces. On our third thy we finally got some.

The clam chowder was yummy. The non-seafood part of the buffet was good. The dessert buffet was great. The oreo bon bons were fantastic.

The meal worked out fine for us because we were staying at YC and wanted to eat somewhere nearby after a day at AK, then SAB. But I wouldn't go out of my way for Cape May.

missypie said:
My family thought that the "clam bake" part of the buffet was by far the weakest part.

The mussels tasted funny. Most of the clamshells were empty. The shrimp was WAY overcooked. The other fish was fried (like for fish and chips). The problem with that is that they only put out one skillet full at a time, containing about 6 pieces. On our third thy we finally got some.

The clam chowder was yummy. The non-seafood part of the buffet was good. The dessert buffet was great. The oreo bon bons were fantastic.

The meal worked out fine for us because we were staying at YC and wanted to eat somewhere nearby after a day at AK, then SAB. But I wouldn't go out of my way for Cape May.

I agree!!! The clam bake part wasn't good at all. I actually don't even remember liking the chowder though. But I am from the Boston area and we have some of the best seafood places around. So I have noticed that sometimes when I go down south, I am more disappointed.

Mom and I are going on August 13th. I'll let everyone know how it went.

Missypie, was the clam chowder manhattan style or new england?

Liked the desserts, hated the seafood. My mother got *mild* food poisoning she thinks from the clam chowder (which was, by the way, the worst I have ever had)...I grew up in Boston though so that can explain my disappointment with the seafood. It was fun to go to the Beach Club for a change, but we won't be back except maybe for the character b'fast.

kitty2kidz said:
I never see much posted on the Cape May Cafe dinner buffet --Can anyone tell me more about it?? Reviews-food -atmosphere? On a whim I canged an ADR for Narcoossees for dinner (2TS and maybe too formal and drawn out for the DD's) to the Cape May buffet (which I believe will be more casual) And we are doing MGM that evening--what do you think??? I have been to disney many times and considered eating here many times, but for whatever reason I have always bypassed it in the past. Any info is greatly appreciated TIA!! :chat: :fish: :boat: :hyper2:

Any time you ask how a restaurant is on these boards you will get many opinions. If you have seen the menu and it appeals to you, then give it a try! Neve mind what anyone else says, good or bad...everyone's taste is different!

Enjoy,

Bob

We have some very picky eaters in my family. I have to say, we LOVE Cape May Cafe Buffet. It is one of our favorite restaurants. :cool1:

Do I think it is amazing to die for food. NO. But the food and atmosphere are pretty darn good especially with kids.

I've never had the mussels, clams, or chowder, and I've always gone off season.

kitty2kidz said:

Cape May is an every trip MUST for our family. The seafood is delicious, especially considering that it is a buffet. My husband doesn't eat seafood, and still insists that we go here on every trip. The desserts are awesome, too!

We live close to the ocean in MA and so we are kind of seafood snobs....

However, we went to the Cape May buffet with the kids - and though it was no where near as good as the seafood we enjoy here, it was a nice meal and we had a really fun time. I didn't expect it to be anything like what we were used to, so we weren't disappointed.

Not fancy, basic fare, filling, and the service was really good.

The place is great for kids, casual - lots of families and larger groups.... not too crazy, but made for a festive atmosphere.

Lots of birthdays were announced which was fun.

Just make sure you note, it's not in the Lobby of the YC but very close to the lobby at the BC - you can get there through the lobby if you come in through the Beach Club Lobby. We walked there from our room at the YC and it was a short walk, so go via Beach Club - it's much closer.

It's not the best place to get seafood, but it's definitely not the worst I've ever had either....

We're going again in Oct!

Susan

Clams and mussels were sandy the night we went. The shrimp were on the small side. Folks at the table next to ours politely complained of this, but CM's responded as if they didn't care. The food here was not bad. However, it was not nearly as good as our many other meals in May. I doubt that we'll be returning here any time soon.

The clam chowder was New England. It was thick, creamy and not too bland. We're from Texas and pretty much only get the Campbells' canned version, which is probably why we really enjoyed it.

we love seafood and eat lots. It was an enjoyable meal and I would definitely go back. Not every trip but I would eat there again. DH loved the clam bake part. The red potatoes, corn on cob, clams, new england clam chowder. I ended up sticking with mostly non seafood items. Corn bread was slightly sweet and wonderful. I was too full to appreciate the oreo bon bons or any other dessert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter