Sea World

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to get to the Louve until I go to Paris but that doesn't mean I can't read and research their magnificent art collection.

Libraries and the internet, movies, television. All wonderful tools to learn about cetaceans.

Slightly unrelated but I've been wondering for awhile.

Why say cetaceans instead of whales and dolphins? It's like saying Arachnids instead of spiders...

Slightly unrelated but I've been wondering for awhile.

Why say cetaceans instead of whales and dolphins? It's like saying Arachnids instead of spiders...

They want to sound more educated about the subject. More progressive.

Last post on this subject ~

Here is what it boils down to for me. If you don't like seeing killer whales, dolphins, etc in captivity, don't visit places where they are in captivity.

But don't think you have the right to ruin the experience for millions of other people just because *you* object to it for whatever reasons.

I'm not angry. I'm just tired of having to repeat myself over and over again. It's like talking to my 5 year old.

You can't walk away from your child but you can this if it makes you so upset. It's about some whales for Gods sake.

You can't walk away from your child but you can this if it makes you so upset. It's about some whales for Gods sake.

I have a passion for these intelligent and emotional animals that don't have a way to voice their displeasure of their situation. If you don't want to read what I have to say on the subject, you are free to walk away as well.

I have a passion for these intelligent and emotional animals that don't have a way to voice their displeasure of their situation. If you don't want to read what I have to say on the subject, you are free to walk away as well.

To me these theads are entertaining. Unless you are donating a good portion of your income to the cause, you really are not that passionate about the cause. But you may be, and that's just my opinion.

Actually, that's not a good example. Spiders are arachnids, but not all arachnids are spiders. Arachnids also refers to ticks, mites, scorpions, etc. Since you asked lol...

Cetaceans also includes porpoises. So whales and dolphins are a subset of cetaceans like spiders are a subset of arachnids (ew!)

To me these theads are entertaining. Unless you are donating a good portion of your income to the cause, you really are not that passionate about the cause. But you may be, and that's just my opinion.

You can't care about something unless you throw money at it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter