• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sea World THIS Sat (8/2) - HELP with touring plan!

DisneySweetie

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are making a last minute trip to Sea World. I'm super excited because I haven't been since 6th grade. Anyway, we are driving from AZ to SD on Friday night and meeting up with bunch of friends at Sea World on Saturday. We're going to go at park opening and spend the whole day. We don't have youngsters in the group, so I think we can handle it. The age range of our group is 19-26. I am trying to plan everything around the shows. Here's the list for that day:

Believe: The Spectacular Shamu Show
10:30, 12:15, 2:00, 4:00, 6:00

Dolphin Discovery
11:00, 12:00, 1:15, 2:15, 3:15, 4:30, 5:30

Clyde and Seamore's Risky Rescue
12:30, 1:30, 2:45, 3:45, 4:45, 5:45

Pets Rule!
11:30, 12:45, 2:15, 3:30, 5:00, 6:15

Cirque de la Mer
11:30, 12:45, 2:15, 3:30, 5:00, 6:15

Sea Lions Tonite*
*7:45, *8:45, *10:15

Shamu Rocks*
*8:00, *9:30

Ignight*
*8:30, *9:30

Riptide
*8:45, *10:05

From what I've read, our two major must sees are Shamu Rocks and Sea Lions Tonite. I would love to also see the dolphins Ignight show, but I think that might be pushing it. I think I read somewhere that each show is about 30 minutes long. And it's going to be a Saturday and we want somewhat good seats. Do you think we could pull off sea lions at 7:45pm, dolphins at 8:30pm, and shamu at 9:30pm? Or is everyone else going to try to do that too? We can definitely see the dophin day show, just wondering if it's worth the stress of trying to see the dolphin night show along with the other two. If we skip the dolphins night show, we could do the other two in any order. Which Shamu Rocks show is more crowded, the 8pm or the 9:30pm? I know there are fireworks after the later one, but we aren't too worried about that. Let me know what you vetrans think.

Other than that, we are probably going to try and hit the Pets Rock and Believe Shamu show during the day. And the dolphin day show if we are planning to skip the night show. I know Believe might be a little cheesy, but orca behavior in any show is still impressive to watch. I'm not too interested in the Cirque de la Mer show (unless you guys tell me I should be). And we probably won't see the day sea lion show unless we have some downtime. I'm trying not to push too hard during the day because we love exhibits / habitats and there are plenty of those to see. Plus I want to make sure everyone is still having fun by the time the night shows roll around. We're a fun-loving group of kids at heart. But I know they're depending on me a little bit to map this out. Any help you could give on such short notice will be greatly appreciated.

Happy DIS-ing to all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter