Sea World must do's

auprincess

DIS Veteran
Can anyone give me the must-do's at SeaWorld? It will be me, DH, and our 3 DDs (8, 4, 2). We will go for 2 days (one a full day, and depending on how much we get done will determine how long we go the second day). I want to see everything, but don't want the go, go, go of our WDW trips. I plan on getting the dining for at least our full day (and recs of what to eat?).

What about rides? Our oldest is only 45 inches, so I'm not sure what she will be tall enough for. Is there somewhere that has a map and park hours? With our tickets we can get in an hour earlier on certain days ~ should we plan to get there early for that?

I always do extensive planning for our WDW trips so I feel really lost ~ we leave in 2 weeks! We want this trip to be more relaxed, but I want to at least have an idea of what we should do.

Subbing to this thread. I feel like I could've written your post for myself, feeling just as clueless and un-planned as you, except I have 4 weeks, having just decided a few weeks ago to do this trip. But don't even have a hotel yet, I've got to do that today!

IMO the most enjoyable thing about Seaworld are the shows/animal exhibits - but that is my personal thought. The website lists park hours and show times so you should be able to get everything in the time you have allowed.

I like to start with the dolphin show first - and make sure I see "One Ocean" at Shamu Theater - those are my first two must sees. Also - there is a part of the Shamu aquarium near the restaurant where you can see the whales swimming in between shows - it is nice to be able to see them more up close and sometimes there will be someone there to ask questions - and who can tell you more about the different whales.

My third and fourth must dos are the aquarium where the walrus and polar bears are - Arctic North I think it is called. And now there is a penguin attraction open.

After that - I lean towards the shows - Pirate Island Seal Show, Pets Ahoy, maybe Allure if you need a cool down in air con - and look for special kids shows.

The rest is gravy!

Also fun to do - feed the rays and dolphins and/or seals, visit the dolphin nursery on the way to Shamu stadium.

If you have coaster fans - Kracken and Manta are both really fun. Atlantis is something to do but I certainly don't ride every time I visit.

Turtle Trek is a film about turtles - interesting animation (feels like an IMAX type of show but small) in the round.

Have a great trip - Seaworld is one of my favorites!

Can anyone give me the must-do's at SeaWorld? It will be me, DH, and our 3 DDs (8, 4, 2). We will go for 2 days (one a full day, and depending on how much we get done will determine how long we go the second day). I want to see everything, but don't want the go, go, go of our WDW trips. I plan on getting the dining for at least our full day (and recs of what to eat?).

What about rides? Our oldest is only 45 inches, so I'm not sure what she will be tall enough for. Is there somewhere that has a map and park hours? With our tickets we can get in an hour earlier on certain days ~ should we plan to get there early for that?

I always do extensive planning for our WDW trips so I feel really lost ~ we leave in 2 weeks! We want this trip to be more relaxed, but I want to at least have an idea of what we should do.

You will love the laid-back vibe of SeaWorld. Its is a much more relaxing theme park than any of the Disney parks, and requires far less planning to ensure an enjoyable day. Its also the kind of place that has something for everyone, and appeals to all ages.....regardless if you are a ride lover, a ride chicken, a young child or a grandparent (and anything in between).

Like one of the PP's, I would wholeheartedly recommend catching the shows. One Ocean, Clyde & Seamore, Pets Ahoy and Blue Horizons are all fantastic, and will keep your family captivated. They are all top-notch and well put together.

With kids the ages of your children, take some time for the animal feedings. The dolphin feeding should be done first if at all possible, as the popularity of this park feature means lines get long quickly. There are other animals you can feed throughout the park as well.....its a neat experience that is so memorable!

Shamu's Happy Harbour has some great kiddie rides in a SeaWorld theme, and will likely be popular with your kiddos. Be sure to set aside some time to enjoy all the fun things this area has to offer.

Wild Artic (it has a non-motion side if needed), the SkyTower, and Turtle Trek are all attractions that the family can enjoy together. I would avoid the pink swan boats as they are super hard to navigate and ..... kind of boring as a result :faint: .

The coasters at SW are fantastic, if that's your thing. My boys rave about Manta.......its there favourite coaster of any park, any where (and we've been to all 4 Disney parks, both Universal parks, SW, Canada's Wonderland, and more).

The exhibits at SW are done really well. Sharks is a favourite of ours, and one we do again and again. The aquariums throughout the park are amazing and feature some very cool sea creatures that will have you snapping a lot of photos!

For dining, our favourites are Voyageurs (for barbecue), the Seafire Inn, and Mango Joes. Great selection and food quality at all three. We have also done the Terrace Garden Buffet (pizza/pasta) but found it was just "okay". We love the all-day dining....be sure to plan on eating breakfast there too, as one restaurant will be serving lots of yummy breakfast offerings when the park opens.

We love Clyde and Seamore!!! It's a must do every time for our family. The mime at the beginning is hilarious!!

Thanks everyone for the tips! I am really looking forward to it - we have never been as a family and the last time I went was well over 25 years ago.

I second the thank you. Booking a hotel and purchasing the Discovery Cove tickets this evening makes me feel better, and all if this advice and links, much, much better. I reserved 4 nights hotel so we can do DC for a day, Sea World for 2, and Aquatica for a day before heading to Sanibel Island for 10 days. I hope the 4 days will be a good time frame to see everything. Staying at Holiday Inn Express Lake Buena Vista might mean an evening or two at Downtown Disney, too!!

Okay - after doing. Little research I have a few more questions...

1 - where do we go to add the dining for the day?
2 - does it cost extra to feed the dolphins (I'm guessing yes)
3 - In Happy Harbor there are a lot of height requirements. Even the Carousel is 42 inches - is that correct? Or does it mean 42 inches to ride alone?

Okay - after doing. Little research I have a few more questions...

1 - where do we go to add the dining for the day?
2 - does it cost extra to feed the dolphins (I'm guessing yes)
3 - In Happy Harbor there are a lot of height requirements. Even the Carousel is 42 inches - is that correct? Or does it mean 42 inches to ride alone?

I was there today and can answer some of these!

1) I bought my tix online with the playanddine code to get near free dining - I believe if you are able to do seaworld first you can upgrade this to do your other things but someone will have to confirm....we had lunch at seafare pizza and dinner at mango joes....it wasn't worth 30$ a day,but it wa definitely worth the 10$ upper we paid!

2) yes but I don't remember how much

3) the height limit wording is very confusing - I was worried my 33" near 3 year old wouldn't be able to do Anything but it turns out in most cases that's to ride alone...

We brought the kids for the first time (ages 2.9 and 6.5) - they had a blast!! We arrived at 10am and stayed til shamu rocks ended. We played withe the stingrays, watched the dolphin lesson in dolphin cove (but not the feeding), we visited the underwater viewing area for dolphins, saw blue horizon show, walked thru shark tank, manatees, saw Clyde and Seymour pirate show, saw one ocean shamu show and underwater viewing time too after show, enjoyed happy harbor area, and the wild artic tour, then shamu rocks ( and grown ups hit Atlantis, kraken, and manta), finally on our way out, we listened a bit to the dolphin nursery folks talking..sky tower was down this morning so we didn't do it and we only watched them dive for pearls for about 2 minutes....

We opted to skip turtles (timing) and penguins (line) and non sea- creature shows...

We LOVED the dolphin cove area when the trainers were talking, the underwater dolphin viewing, the blue horizons show, the sea lion and otter show, the shark tank, and the shamu show! We have beluga whales near home otherwise wild arctic would have made the list too!

It was busier today than most so we decided to get to most shows 30+. Minutes before they started but that's often easy or us o plan in since we are disney planners!

Good luck!

We went last summer, so no penguin exhibit. And my youngest is penguin obsessed so that would be a must do for us.
We did 2 days and saw every show, fed the dolphins and felt very relaxed. We loved Blue Horizons and Allure and of course you have to see Shamu. The kids loved Pets Ahoy. We enjoyed Wild Arctic but skipped the coasters, not our thing. Sky Tower was perfect for a break.
My advice would be do the dolphin feeding first thing when they are hungry and really perform, and schedule the shows over the two days. You should have plenty of time to see it all.

Just wanted to add, Atlantis is our favourite...love the double drop. My kids were 8 and 10 when we went last time, and we are looking forward to going back. We are too chicken for Manta and Kraken but we could do Atlantis over and over.

Dolphin feeding was not too expensive, maybe $5-8 pp. Everyone has to pay though, to get into the area. We enjoyed the dolphin training pool (nursery pool?), had a nice chance to chat with the trainers. We're doing Dine with Shamu this time, a buffet for our family of four plus the behind-the-scenes opportunity is a little over $100 when we are going, so much cheaper than any table service at Disney. We also loved the manatee exhibit, just love watching these peaceful creatures.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter