• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sea World Hotel/Suite

scuddaho

Earning My Ears
Has anyone stayed at both the Hilton Grand Vacation Club and the new Residence Inn at Sea World? Still undecided as to which offers the nicest 2 bd suites. My boys are big on pools so need something nice. Also does anyone know which one is closer and has the best resturants.
Thanks for all your help.:bounce:

I wish I was technically gifted enough to give you the links, but all I can do is suggest the Search feature. There were recent reviews of both of these, including stays at the RI.

We just got back. Stayed at RI for 4 nights, after reading some previous posts. It is a very nice hotel. We got a 79$ AAA rate. It is right around the corner from Sea World. There was no traffic to get there. The hotel is new and in excellent shape. We stayed in a studio - 2 queens and a pull out bed which worked out well - we had one DD sleep on the pull out so they wouldn't fight about kicking each other at night.

Had a range top, full refrigerator, dishwasher, plates, cookware. There are also gas grills to use. There is a Publix (and Eckerds)about 5 minutes down the road from Sea World (just keep driving - it is on the right). So we were able to make comfort food like mac & cheese for the kids. We grilled steaks one night too. No restaurant on site except a pizza hut express - which was kind of pricey. but around 6 they put out pizza hut pizza at the pool bar as a free snack. There is a free breakfast buffet - eggs, waffles, hash browns, bagels, toast, muffins, cereal, fruit, milk, juices from 7-9 during the week and 8-10 on weekends.
In the book about the hotel they also said that if you leave a grocery list with the front desk before 9 they will shop for you for no charge other than the cost of the food.

Now, the hotel is new and is in very good shape, has a basketball court, volleball court, playground and pool. But, I thought the pool was kind of small. In the morning when we were there it was a little busy. In the afternoon, it was not crowded at all, but in the evening one day, it was packed. It is a nice pool. Only goes to about 5 feet deep. Kind of like 3 circles put together, with one being a zero entry area then 2 other swimming areas. But it seemed kind of small to me. I guess I am used to mega-disney pools.

Haven't stayed at the other hotels. I can tell you that there is a Renaissance directly across the street from SW and a Hilton next to the Renaissance, (I don't know if that is the Hilton you were looking at). Both of which you could walk from. But, like I said, there was no traffic last week during the week.

I don't have info on the hotels you mentioned but just wanted to let you know that Vistana Villages has really nice 2-bdrm suites and is also very close to Sea World on International Drive. VV has a huge pool with a waterfall and lots of scheduled activities. Even if you don't have a car, I believe you can take the I-Ride Trolley to get to SW.

Haven't been to RI but the HGVC at Sea World is a gorgeous resort. The pictures on their website do not do it justice at all. I have never seen any 2BR suite at any regular suite hotel anywhere that offers as nice rooms as the HGVC, a luxury timeshare property. So of the two locations you've mentioned, HGVC would be my choice, hands-down.

The pools at the HGVC main pool area are lovely. One is heated with a fountain at the center. The other is unheated with a large waterfall. Both are big & pretty. This area also has four separate hot tubs, a kiddie pool, plenty of poolside with lounge chairs, a poolside bar/grill and nearby activities (like croquet, putting green, game room, fitness center, inhouse theater, etc.). There is at least one other, quieter pool area on the property.

I don't know where the new RI is located. There are people who've walked to Sea World when staying at HGVC and this involves walking across the street to the far end of the Sea World parking lots. I doubt I'd want to do this during hot weather. There are only two options for onsite food service at HGVC: the deli-market and the poolside bar/grill, which offers daily specials at lunch time. We did not partake. A cab out to I-Drive's huge variety of restaurants would not be expensive at all. The front desk could help with info about the I-Drive trolley bus too. A drive would be short & quick - a mile or two to nearly any kind of food you'd like.

If you do a search on these forums using the word HGVC, you will find some excellent recent revews with detailed descriptions. Hope that helps. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter