Sea World FOTL

bweagle

DIS Veteran
We have book with Fairfield Inn and Suites, one of the official partners of Sea World, but have our tickets for Sea World through our Discovery Cove purchase. Will we still get FOTL at Sea World, or is that just if you buy a ticket/hotel package? Will we need to go ahead and purchase FOTL when we get to the park?

I booked Springhill Suites which is also an official Sea World Hotel. From my understanding anyone that is staying at the hotel is able to get FOTL. We have to book the special tour at our hotel as that is limited. Also need to book shuttle to parks.

You are entitled to the official hotel perks regardless of how you booked your stay (whehter it was direct with the hotel, through a SW package that includes tickets, via Hotwire/Expedia or another third party). There is a kiosk in the front lobby where you can pick up your vouchers for the free Quick Queue, then you exchange those vouchers at the park for QQ wrist bands.

Excellent! Thank you both for clarifying for me! I was hoping that was the case!

Sorry to jump on your thread...but does anyone know if they run out of the QQ at the hotel? If we get there around noon will there still be any left for the day? Thanks!

I've been told by the hotel that they CAN run out, but I have not personally had it happen to me or heard of it happening to others.

Do you have to get a new pass each day you go in to the park or do you just get the pass when you arrive to last the length of stay?

I've been told by the hotel that they CAN run out, but I have not personally had it happen to me or heard of it happening to others.

Yes, that's very true. We saw them run out once or twice during Christmas week 2012, when we stayed at the Residence Inn SeaWorld. It was later in the day, and during a very busy time period. It's always best to go first thing in the morning to get them. And unless things have changed since then, you can pick them up for both the day of and the day following (assuming you are staying that night at the hotel).

We booked the same way you did- had our tickets through Discovery Cove, and booked the room separately. We stayed at the Renaissance on July 4th. By the time we checked in it was 10 am, and they were already out for the day, but we were were able to get them for the next day at that time. You do have to get them each day.

Related to this... We have Discovery Cove Tickets the Sunday before Easter and plan to go to Seaworld on Monday or Tuesday of that week. I am trying to decide if we should book a partner hotel to get the quick queue or not. We would be able to book a co-workers condo for $150 a night, which is desirable from a cost perspective, having a full kitchen, and moving between hotels is a bit of a pain. We will be staying onsite later in the week at Universal to get the express passes for that visit.

My question - the week before Easter - how crowded are the Seaworld parks? Is quick queue needed? My kids don't tolerate lines - we visit Disney once a year during low crowd times. Input is appreciated! What would you do?

Related to this... We have Discovery Cove Tickets the Sunday before Easter and plan to go to Seaworld on Monday or Tuesday of that week. I am trying to decide if we should book a partner hotel to get the quick queue or not. We would be able to book a co-workers condo for $150 a night, which is desirable from a cost perspective, having a full kitchen, and moving between hotels is a bit of a pain. We will be staying onsite later in the week at Universal to get the express passes for that visit.

My question - the week before Easter - how crowded are the Seaworld parks? Is quick queue needed? My kids don't tolerate lines - we visit Disney once a year during low crowd times. Input is appreciated! What would you do?

A good rule of thumb is that if its a busy time at Disney, its also busy at SeaWorld and Universal. March and April will have larger crowds as a result of both Canadian and US spring breaks, as well as the pre-Easter visitors.

If you want to stay in your friend's condo, you can always purchase Quick Queue a la carte right at the parks.

If you want to stay at an official hotel (and get the free Quick Queue as a perk), both the Residence Inn & Hilton Grand Vacations will give you options with separate bedrooms and kitchens/kitchenettes.

Keep in mind that the Quick Queue through the hotels is good for one time on each attraction, not unlimited. You also get reserved seating for the shows, which is a very worthwhile perk as well. I would also recommend getting them the night before, the line at the concierge desk can be lengthy at certain times as well.

Compared to Universal and Cedar Point, the unlimited Quick Queue along with Reserved Seating is VERY reasonable priced if you stay offsite.

Thanks everyone - the quick queue would be $34 per person for our dates if we stayed offsite. I just priced the Residence Inn and it's really reasonable - comparatively priced to the condo I had in mind with a kitchen. i think we will stay there so we have the freedom to come and go at SeaWorld and Aquatica for the first 3 days of our trip. With the quick queue privileges, it will be perfect. THANK YOU for the input!! You guys are the best!

For the 10% off dining do we get a paper for that too? Is that a one time thing or do we have to keep requesting it?

We stayed at Fairfield Inn and Suites and they gave us a Sea World lanyard at check in that included the reserved seating and 10% off, it worked well since we are used to lanyards at Universal. It did not include the Quick Queue, that was at the concierge desk.

We stayed at Fairfield Inn and Suites and they gave us a Sea World lanyard at check in that included the reserved seating and 10% off, it worked well since we are used to lanyards at Universal. It did not include the Quick Queue, that was at the concierge desk.

Did you get the lanyard at the hotel as a package guest? Just confirming, as we have a hotel-only reservation for May at the Residence Inn.....I was not expecting it to come with reserved show seating (since its not a package), but perhaps that's something new? (that's me, wishful thinking!! ;))

@squirrel ... I have seen the lanyardds that VacaPlanner2012 is referring to. They are really, really big (hard plastic moulded cards with your entitlements clearly listed) so you will be easily recognized as an onsite guest :thumbsup2 .

I did not book as a package either. It does say for the Official SeaWorld Hotels that we get SeaWorld Rescue Tour, Quick Queue and 10% off dining. The tour requires reservations at the hotel (I checked the SeaWorld website and don't even see that tour listed). Has anyone been able to take advantage of early entry? If so what time of year? I'm thinking September isn't very busy so it may not be offered.

I did not book as a package either. It does say for the Official SeaWorld Hotels that we get SeaWorld Rescue Tour, Quick Queue and 10% off dining. The tour requires reservations at the hotel (I checked the SeaWorld website and don't even see that tour listed). Has anyone been able to take advantage of early entry? If so what time of year? I'm thinking September isn't very busy so it may not be offered.

The website hasn't yet been updated with the 2016 EE dates, but here's what was offered for 2015:

Early Entry

What dates will the park open early?

Early Entry to SeaWorld® and Aquatica, SeaWorld's WaterparkTM is available on select dates around the Easter Holiday, Summer Season (Memorial Day thru Labor Day), and during Christmas Holiday. Remaining 2014 and 2015 dates currently include the following:

• December 2014: 27, 30
  • March 2015: 28, 31
  • April 2015: 4, 7, 11
  • June 2015: 20, 23, 27, 30
  • July 2015: 4, 7, 11, 14, 18, 21, 25, 28
  • August 2015: 1, 4, 8, 11, 15
  • December 2015: 26, 29
Specific dates of Early Entry are subject to change. Please check with the Expedia Local Expert Guest Service desk in your Official SeaWorld® Hotel for most current info. Guests must show benefits card to gain early entry.

https://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-orlando/vacations/frequently-asked-questions

We did book a package for the free dining, so it may have been part of the package, I am not sure. We were not expecting them, not sure what we were expecting. But yes, they are enormous and easily visible, I guess that may have been the point, but it was nice having them on as Sea World does not joke around about the reserved seating. Part of the pre-show comedy was watching the attendants shoo people away that tried to sit there without passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter