Sea World food costs?

airalynn

Earning My Ears
I'll be taking my 2 kids to Sea World in a couple weeks (by myself) and was wondering what the prices where for food. TIA

We spent $80 on 4 adult meals (2 chicken strips, 2 brisket), 1 kids hot dog, 4 drinks (kids meal had a drink included), a rice krispie treat and some strawberries. It wasn't even very good. This was at the smokehouse place. We also had some sandwiches later that day at the "healthy" place and found it overpriced and not very good. I don't mind paying theme park prices for food, but we were less than impressed with Sea World's offerings.

The prices are high and the food isn't all that great. And the lines are LONG.

Yes, this was our impression as well.

We did do the picnic lunch with shamu which i thought was a pretty good deal. I think it was $12/person which was close to what we would have spent on lunch anyway and we got reserved seats for the show and the food was better than the food we got at one of the CS places. I still didn't think the food was great but it was good.

We love the food at Sea World! We go to the Deli next to the Clydesdales --and where you can get beer & beer samples :)
We found it our first trip when DS got sick and we needed a covered area to cool off. They have fresh sandwiches, fresh fruit, etc. Very tasty.
The bbq at the Smokehouse was not bad either -- remember this is an amusement park not fine dining! The chicken is better than the brisket imo.
I love that they offer mini carrots & raisins in place of fries/chips if you want for the kid meals.
The kid meals come in sturdy reusable Shamu lunchboxes--a useful souvenir (we use them for toys, crayons, picnics, etc.)
Prices are crazy--about 8-10 for the sandwiches I think and 6-7 for the kids meals? You can refill your beer for $5 a couple places in the park--about the only "food" deal I can think of!

Food is good at the budweiser pavillion but expensive. On summer weekends they have an all you can eat picnic meal outside and to the right of the bud. pavillion. Its a very good deal.

The best deal is the grilled hot dogs just on the outside of the gates. They are usually there in the afternoon. Much bigger, better and cheaper than the hot dogs sold inside the park.

I've been told the Shamu picnic lunch is a great deal. This is not the dine with Shamu meal which is much more expensive.

Didn't they stop the free beer samples, now that A-B has a new owner?

I used to love to eat there as well, and have a free beer, but I fear that is a thing of the past.

Didn't they stop the free beer samples, now that A-B has a new owner?

I used to love to eat there as well, and have a free beer, but I fear that is a thing of the past.

FREE BEER??
I don't ever remember seeing that.:sad1:

We usually eat at the Shipwreck Reef Cafe. Food is pretty good though the line(s) can be long. Try for early, or late lunch, to avoid waiting too long. The have quite a few tables (in the shade) to choose from. If you get the kid's meal you can ask for it without the Shamu container and save a few bucks.

I don't care for the food at any other location.

Wow, we loved the food at Seaworld! The quality seemed so much better than anything we've had at DL. We paid $14 for a combo plate from the Calypso Smokehouse that included a yummy half a chicken BBQ style, a couple of pieces of brisket, and BBQ ribs. It also included corn and some other stuff. We thought for the amount and quality of food we got, we got our money's worth. It sure beat DL Chicken Nuggets. We were just there in June fwiw. Not sure if it changed recently, but again we were very pleasantly surprised at the quality and quantity of food. I'll try to dig up a picture if I can.

DSC_5916.jpg

DSC_5802.jpg

DH ordered an extra side of baked beans and caesar salad. Healso ordered a Strawberry shortcake.
DSC_5800.jpg

Yummy variety and to die for chocolate cake!
DSC_5801.jpg

DS ordered the brisket and a chocolate pudding.
All meals came with a choice of starch (we got fries), a biscuit, and corn. Drinks were additional and dessert was additional. We thought we had a great value for what we paid. The chocolate cake was to die for. OMG! It was good! We paid more for lunch at DL's Blue Bayou w/lesser quality food! The brisket was so-so. Not enough flavor for my taste, but that BBQ chicken was great! We couldn't even finish all of our food! Dessert was like $3.00, drinks were even less IIRC. How much would this kind of meal at DL cost? (They don't serve this kind of stuff at DL's CS restaurants.) A sandwich at River Belle Terrace is like $13-14, w/ drinks and desserts extra. That's nuts!

Thanks Dizneydaz for the info on the kids meals--we asked for them without the Shamu bucket and it took $2 off each kids meal! We even tried to order just the main item (chicken strips & hot dogs--different locations) without the sides, but no go on that :( Still, requesting "no bucket" saved us $12 overall! Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter