• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

sea venture at discovery cove...

Debs Hill

DIS Veteran
I guys.....would love to hear from anyone who has done this, what was it like, was it worth the extra money..... how long does it take? Any photos would be great!!
Debsx;)

We were at DC this past Sunday and after seeing what the SeaVenture actually was, we decided against it. It takes place in a very small space at the edge of the reef. It is basically people walking along the bottom of the floor at the grand reef with a breathing apparatus helmet on. They don't get to see anything different than what you would see snorkeling in the reef because it takes place in the same pool. It must not be very popular because we didn't see many people taking tours while we were there. To me, it looked annoying and time consuming because the group that we did see go down took forever to get into the water and get moving because all of the helmets that they were wearing are teathered together to the same air thing that floats above them. Just my 2 cents. If you were on the fence about doing it, I would wait until you get there to book because you can see the whole adventure from the grand reef or the platform above and decide for yourself before you spend the money.

We did SeaVenture when it opened last year. I loved the experience and had a great time. It starts with an informative session on how to use the Snuba gear, signals to the staff in case you panic, and how everyone can communicate underwater. They then get everyone into a helmet and underwater one at a time. The helmets are about 75lbs and so they get you on a ladder with a staff member and slowly get you in the water lowering the helmet onto you as you are on the ladder so you don't feel the weight. The staff underwater with you has a board that they tell you what each fish is or info on what you are looking at. They also keep checking that everyone is ok with either hand signals or the board. It was a fun experience and we loved it, but I'm not sure I would do it again. We did get a much closer look at the sharks and all of the sea life in the reef then with just swimming in the reef. I am happy we did it though and would definitely recommend trying it while you are there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter