SEA sickness pills at airport

Yes, you should be able to buy some form of Dramamine/Bonine at the airport. I have horrible motion sickness and see it regularly. However, you may not get you choice or brands, formulas, etc and be prepared to pay a substantial mark-up. However, you can get it.

Gravol can be purchased at any drug store in Canada, or Shoppers Drug Mart, and most likely the stores in whatever Canadian airport you’re flying into.

Thank you but I was looking for the drug that is designed specifically for motion sickness. Gravol is a general nausea pill and knocks me out to where I won't be able to enjoy my cruise.

IIRC they also sell "Dramamine less drowsy", which is the Dramamine with meclizine, on the ship. And as another poster said, they have two-packs of a generic meclizine available by the health centre -- note that they are chewables and contain aspartame, if that is an issue for you.

In the US, in most airports I have been in, you can find "Dramamine Less Drowsy" [it comes in a tube of 8 pale yellow tablets] in the "newstand"-type type stores that sell personal care and OTC meds [eg travel size packs of Tylenol, shampoo etc]. It seems to be one of the items that even if the store has just a few of that type of item, they will often have it. A bigger selection and it is almost guaranteed they will. This is what you are looking for: http://www.dramamine.com/motion-sickness-medicine/dramamine-less-drowsy

Meclizine is no longer being manufactured for sale in Canada and is no longer available in Canada under any brand or generic names, neither Rx nor OTC.

For my motion sickness on the cruise, I take a combo of Dramamine Less Drowsy, Gravol/Dramamine "natural" ginger tablets/capsules, wear SeaBands, and drink ginger ale/eat gingersnaps. For me it does not entirely get rid of the issue, but makes it tolerable. For some reason my last cruise (#5) I barely noticed the remaining symptoms most of the time, while on our previous cruises it was noticeable all the time. I have the original Gravol as a backup if needed.

SW

Are you flying in the day before? Most hotels have shuttles that will take you to stores if needed, usually have to be within 3-4 miles of the hotel. Last cruise the hotel we stayed at took us to a grocery store so we could get some items. We did this the evening before our cruise, not on the way to the port.

This past September, there was a basket of free ,individualized , chewable pills right outside health services on the Magic.

Walmart has Gravol with Ginger. Same as regular Gravol, but the Ginger won’t make you drowsy or knock you out. It’s got a green label. The Seabands also work great, as a non-drug alternative, as PP said.

Have you considered the ear patch? I made the trip across the border to buy Bonine for my first two cruises and still ended up seasick. We just got back from our third cruise yesterday and I used the scopolamine ear patch this time - I was totally fine for the whole cruise. It's available in Canada and you don't need a prescription for it - just ask for it at the pharmacy. There are some side effects (mild for me) but it was worth it to finally find something that works!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter