Sea racer boat rentals at resorts

Dano13

Long Island, NY
How old do you have to be to drive the little sprite boats with an accompanying adult? We rented one a few years ago and my son loved it. But a few years later he wants to do it only if he can drive it with me next to him.

From Disney's site the driver must be 12 years old and at least 5ft tall. Under 16 they must be accompanied by someone who does have a driver's license. Age 16 and older must have valid driver's licence and show photo ID in order to rent.

From Disney's site the driver must be 12 years old and at least 5ft tall. Under 16 they must be accompanied by someone who does have a driver's license. Age 16 and older must have valid driver's licence and show photo ID in order to rent.

Thanks for the correction. I wish I would have known that when we rented one last year. He was 12 at the time and wanted to drive, the CM told us he had to be 16 to drive. Even with me in the boat too.

Thanks for the correction. I wish I would have known that when we rented one last year. He was 12 at the time and wanted to drive, the CM told us he had to be 16 to drive. Even with me in the boat too.
That may well have been. They are operated by a third party that is free to change rules. However, Disney is quite clear, and other sites like Touring Plans also say it, that twelve year olds can drive when properly accompanied. The main issue seems to be having someone on board who can understand signage and the rules on the particular body of water.

Ugh he will be 2 months shy of 12 and probably will be an inch short!

Thanks for the info

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter