Sea lion excursion~Nassau (Wonder/4day)

enchanted72

Mouseketeer
Advice? Has anyone booked this thru Disney or have you booked on your own? Details please! My children would adore this adventure! They would adore the dolphins too but I think that is super pricey if I recall from our 3 day in August. We keep wanting to save dolphins for a trip to Puerta Vallarta.

TIA! :worship:

I am also curious to hear feedback from those who have done the Sea Lion or Dolphin encounter on their own.

Were you thinking of the morning or afternoon? We're on the 3 night Wonder which arrives in Nassau at 9:30 a.m. so I'm not sure if we would make the 10:30 a.m ferry that goes over to the island. If we choose the afternoon I'm not sure if we'd have enough time to make it for our early dinner seating.

I enquired about the sealion encounter direct with the provider for our upcoming 3-nighter. I asked way before the Disney excursion booking opened, and they had no availability apart from 8.30am and I think 5.30pm (so one before you can go ashore, and one too late for all-aboard). I am assuming from this that Disney had block booked the two times that worked out for Wonder guests, as I booked through their excursions when they opened with no problem at all. Kind of forced me to pay their marked-up rates, but this is the excursion we really wanted, so we bit the bullet.

Haven't checked your tickers to see when you go, but if I'm up first I'm happy to report back. There will be 2 of us participating (DD and me) and one observer (DH).

ETA - no tickers LOL. We are on the April 2nd 3 nighter, and will be home from WDW April 12th. Does that help in your planning at all, or is it too late?

I enquired about the sealion encounter direct with the provider for our upcoming 3-nighter. I asked way before the Disney excursion booking opened, and they had no availability apart from 8.30am and I think 5.30pm (so one before you can go ashore, and one too late for all-aboard). I am assuming from this that Disney had block booked the two times that worked out for Wonder guests, as I booked through their excursions when they opened with no problem at all. Kind of forced me to pay their marked-up rates, but this is the excursion we really wanted, so we bit the bullet.

Haven't checked your tickers to see when you go, but if I'm up first I'm happy to report back. There will be 2 of us participating (DD and me) and one observer (DH).

ETA - no tickers LOL. We are on the April 2nd 3 nighter, and will be home from WDW April 12th. Does that help in your planning at all, or is it too late?

Thank you I would love to hear your experience when you get back! We don't cruise till Jan of 2010! Plenty of time! Already you have been helpful. I didn't even think about them being booked up by Disney. Are you doing a combo or just one of the swims? Do you mind me asking how much it is? I will be travelling with my DH and DC (10 and 8 at the time of sail). Thx! :goodvibes

I just read an awesome trip report by cbmeaders on the Disney Cruise Line Trip Report board. He and his family did the dolphin excursion, and he wrote very well about it. Check it out!

He made up my mind for me!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter