Sea Lice Recently?

PhiSigKris

Mouseketeer
Anyone at Castaway recently experience sea lice? Traveling carryon this trip so trying to keep liquids to a minimum & avoid packing the safe sea.
Thanks!

We were there last Friday and had no issues with anything stinging/biting in or out of the water.

I didn't have issues this trip (was at Castaway on 4/3). I can't quite remember but I think the only time I had an issue with sea lice was in late July a few years back. My castaway visits are kind of running together :-) but I think it was 2017.

I sailed in mid-March and think I got them at Pelican Plunge. I heard some teens talking about having them, as well. It took the form of mild irritation on my limbs for a few days, nothing to keep me away. Never used Sea Safe & doubt it works. Will bring liquid Benadryl when I cruise again in August, because CC will be the 2nd day of the cruise.

Bumping up this older post. I am sailing on the Dream to CC on April 5. Do we need to take Sea Safe products? My kids plan on swimming to Pelican Plunge.

We were at castaway the end of January and my son was covered in small bugs at serenity bay. He had on a white linen shirt and you could see them all over the shirt. They also seemed to bite. I had a few of them land on me while sitting on deck 13 while docked at castaway. In all my visits to castaway, this was the first time we have ever had an issue with bugs. Others on the cruise called them sand fleas.

We were at castaway the end of January and my son was covered in small bugs at serenity bay. He had on a white linen shirt and you could see them all over the shirt. They also seemed to bite. I had a few of them land on me while sitting on deck 13 while docked at castaway. In all my visits to castaway, this was the first time we have ever had an issue with bugs. Others on the cruise called them sand fleas.
We will be visiting Castaway next January, does anyone know if this is typically a problem during this time?

We also had sand fleas biting us on Castaway late last Jan., and we never even went near the water.

We also had sand fleas biting us on Castaway late last Jan., and we never even went near the water.
I have just read this... I don't know if I want to go on the beach any more!
"Sand fleas reproduce with the help of humans. Female sand fleas burrow into the skin (usually the feet), and male sand fleas briefly meet them there to mate, Hinkle said."

Still looking for experiences with SEA LICE, the jellyfish larvae that get inside your swim clothes in the water and cause a skin reaction. Not interested in sand fleas or any type of insect. I’ve got repellant for that. Thanks.

Never had a specific sea lice problem but one of the kids in our party last November did get stuck by a jelly at castaway.

Still looking for experiences with SEA LICE, the jellyfish larvae that get inside your swim clothes in the water and cause a skin reaction. Not interested in sand fleas or any type of insect. I’ve got repellant for that. Thanks.
So no one is allowed to speak about anything YOU’RE not interested in? Lol, got it. Btw I’m sure plenty of other people WOULD be interested to know about the sand fleas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter