SE Asia, seeking advice and others booked on same departure

Austraveler, I'm wondering how it went in April. Anything new that I definitely want to know? We signed up for the motorbike tour day one, not sure how to spend the day after since it seems like they take you to a lot of places in a short time.

I know that you're leaving in the next few days, and there may not be time for additional planning, AND that you asked about your arrival day, but I wanted to add a big :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 to the suggestion of eating at Cuisine Wat Damnak in Siem Reap. My fiance and I ate there last January while we were on holiday, and it was spectacular! We each got a different tasting menu to be able to sample the largest number of dishes, and it was so delicious. Everything was exceptional, and the garden where we are was lovely. So if you can still squeeze it in, I would highly recommend it!

We ended up leaving the first day empty. Ho chi min city was a bit of a culture shock and the heat, smells and road crossing beat us on day one. We walked to the markets, lunched at the Hard Rock and chilled at the hotel. I know we missed an opportunity to explore the city but we made up for it on the rest of the trip. I am not sure how to add a link but there are links to my blog on my trip report posts if you want to read it.

I know that you're leaving in the next few days, and there may not be time for additional planning, AND that you asked about your arrival day, but I wanted to add a big :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 to the suggestion of eating at Cuisine Wat Damnak in Siem Reap. My fiance and I ate there last January while we were on holiday, and it was spectacular! We each got a different tasting menu to be able to sample the largest number of dishes, and it was so delicious. Everything was exceptional, and the garden where we are was lovely. So if you can still squeeze it in, I would highly recommend it!
Thank you so much for the rec of Wat Damnak--I am adding it to my list!

We ended up leaving the first day empty. Ho chi min city was a bit of a culture shock and the heat, smells and road crossing beat us on day one. We walked to the markets, lunched at the Hard Rock and chilled at the hotel. I know we missed an opportunity to explore the city but we made up for it on the rest of the trip. I am not sure how to add a link but there are links to my blog on my trip report posts if you want to read it.
Thank you, Austraveler. I spent Sunday reading your trip report and Uncle orville's again. Never would have thought about Hard Rock but we've brought back tees from Barcelona and Hong Kong when we went with ABD so we will probably leave the grandparents behind and do that with the kids in the afternoon. I got lots of helpful hints from your posts and am also packing disposable plastic aprons for the painting activity--would have made me nuts! Thank you!

Happy to have helped. My youngest son is a Hard Rock Hotel fan and we always try and fit them in when we travel. It was a 10 minute walk from the Hotel. We had an amazing time on the adventure and I know you will too! If you do a trip report I look forward to reading it and reliving the memories.

You should use tripadvisor for hotel reviews for your tour and then google to find where offers the best price

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter