SE Asia Flights

sjlsk8r

Mouseketeer
We are booked on the new SE Asia trip for next summer. I know I am looking ahead, but the airlines are just now starting to book flights that far out. Just wondering if anybody else has started to look at flight options. Our preferred airline is AA or one of their partners because that is where we have all of our miles. I am seeing that they fly to Vietnam, but not out of Cambodia for the return trip. We are considering taking a regional airline to fly from Cambodia to Singapore (or some place else) and then home on AA to maximize the miles benefit. Anybody else given this any thought or have any suggestions?

i see that Dragonair (OneWorld affiliate via Cathay) flies out of Phnom Penh to Hong Kong and from there you can fly directly back to the US. We flew with United direct to Chicago on Friday after our China ABD finished, but there was someone on our trip who did the same route but with Cathay and they are a OneWorld partner so you can use your AA account to accumulate miles or redeem them as long as you make sure that they have your membership number. The internal flight from Siem Reap to PP seems to be via angkor air not a one world partner or affiliate.

hope this helps - this trip is also on our wish list

I flew Cathay to Indonesia last summer, and would fly them again in a heartbeat! Great service, and even the economy class seemed roomier and more comfortable than domestic US carriers on the international legs Hong Kong is a beautiful airport as well - I really want to visit Hong Kong just because of the airport! (ok, and Disneyland ;) )

We are booked on the new SE Asia trip for next summer. I know I am looking ahead, but the airlines are just now starting to book flights that far out. Just wondering if anybody else has started to look at flight options. Our preferred airline is AA or one of their partners because that is where we have all of our miles. I am seeing that they fly to Vietnam, but not out of Cambodia for the return trip. We are considering taking a regional airline to fly from Cambodia to Singapore (or some place else) and then home on AA to maximize the miles benefit. Anybody else given this any thought or have any suggestions?

We are booked on the Jun 10 SE Asia. We asked ABD to check airfare and their only semi-reasonable option for us was Singapore Air (going East via Moscow). The other option (a bit more expensive) we considered was flying round trip to SGN on United and taking a regional flight (Vietnam Air) at the end from Siem Reap back to SGN. The problem with this was that there was no way (that I know of) to bundle the flights together. They would have to be booked separately, and ABD did not offer that. So I was a bit worried if something was to happen with the ABD or our flight that it would be much more complicated if I booked them myself in that manner rather than accepting ABD's option of Singapore Air. Thankfully Singapore Air is a partner with United so I'll get my miles. The downside is the flight time is longer. Oh well, just excited about the ABD and doing something so unique. We also booked 2 prenights is Ho Chi Minh.

I have been checking out the Cathay flights and that looks like thats going to be a good option for us. Thanks so much for the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter