SDMT -- Worth It

charlielinda3

Earning My Ears
Is it worth all the hype? Just curious -- we are mid-50's couple and have early BOG breakfast and also a FP+. Wondering what others thought? We do love Disney.

It's fine. It's not a great ride, but it's pretty good for a kiddie coaster. It's worth riding once.

Rode it for the first time on Monday (me and my mom, both adults). We heard various opinions but we LOVED it. Really smooth and fast and we felt the rocking sensation as well. Excited to go on with FP in a few days!

DW and I are close to your demographic. We think it's a neat little attraction and glad we did it. Is it worth the hype, as in "run with the bulls at rope drop/wait for a long time if you don't have a FP+" kind of hype? No IMHO. I'd do it if I could get FP+ or if I could do it at RD without having to risk bodily injury from the mob. Otherwise, no problems skipping it.

I was skeptical, but we waited in a 60-minute line to ride it AGAIN...it's an adorable ride--theming is great and ride is definitely enjoyable (although over quickly!). I especially liked riding it at night as the castle view was lovely! (My favorite rides are Space Mountain and Peter Pan) I think riding it in the day and at night will become a new priority for me...really like the different perspectives.

Is it worth what? Is it worth waiting 90 minutes for a 2 1/2 minute ride? No, but IMO there are few things in this world that are. Is it worth getting to it right at RD if you have a preopening BOG breakfast? Yes. Is it worth a FP? Definitely. Especially if you have never ridden it. Will you like the ride? Depends on your expectations and the types of rides you like. We're in our 60s and have enjoyed it every time we've ridden it. I do wish it was longer, but for a child friendly coaster in Fantasyland, I think it is very well done.

It is really cute, but blink and you'll miss it! I couldn't believe how short it was. No way I would ever wait in a line for it! In fact, last summer I had made two FPs for it on two different days. After the first one, the whole family agreed to cancel the second and do something else instead.

One of those things you have to at least do once! But not sure about more than that...

My husband and found it very underwhelming. We may not even bother with it again. Buuuutttt....we are glad we did it once. Actually, we may do it again on our November trip just to have another opportunity to view the details of the ride.

It was a very, very mild coaster - so I was let down by that. And we also felt like the...flow...of the ride was right. I don't know how to describe what I mean. It felt like different elements of a coaster were randomly thrown together and didn't have a good rhythm.

Anyways....still totally worth one ride at least. Especially since plenty of people do love this coaster. The mine scene with Dopey is adorable.

I really liked it as did my four year old daughter. I probably wouldn't wait in an hour line to ride it, but we got FP+ for it 2 days on our last trip. We actually got to ride another time because the ride broke down near the end on our first ride so they gave us FP for later. There is very little anywhere I would wait more than about 20 min. in line to do so.... It is definitely worth trying it at least once.

It's one of the few rides that my entire coaster-averse family loved, so I'll FP it again at least one more time. I do wish it was just a bit longer, but it was fun.

We enjoyed it with FP+s twice on our last trip. It has some amazing detail and it is a very smooth little rollercoaster. Definitely worth doing at least once!

it is cute and fun, if you have an FP. If you have to wait for 90 minutes it's not so cute. The ride itself is less than 2 minutes long.

for my family it was a cute coaster that we most likely will do after we have done everything else. it will not be one of our original 3 FP's but may be a 4th or 5th if we desire. not a RD attraction for us. it is a short ride. with all the hype about the new fantasyland i expected more. especially with the animatronics. i expected more of a splash mt type indoor ride. so our expectations may have effected our opinion. but with all of disney attractions it must be experienced and form your own opinion. kids will most likely love it. older kids and teens will probably dismiss it. adults and seniors will be mixed on its appeal. it is cute for what it is but for us there was no wow factor

Loved SDMT as did my then 7 year old daughter. Will be doing that again - multiple times hopefully. =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter