"SDMT WEEK" Schedule

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
Here are the "late openings/early closings" currently listed by Disney.:)

Under the Sea-Journey of the Little Mermaid----April 29----9AM-7PM

Under the Sea-Journey of the Little Mermaid----May 1----9AM-6PM
Enchanted Tales with Belle----May 1----9AM-6PM
Mad Tea Party----May 1----9 AM-6PM
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh----May 1----9AM-6PM

Dumbo the Flying Elephant----May 2----12PM-10PM
The Barnstormer----May 2----12PM-10PM
Under the Sea-Journey of the Little Mermaid----May 2----12PM-10PM
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh----May2----12PM-10PM

May 1 is for the "Media Preview".
May 2 is for the "Dedication".

Does anyone know why Mermaid has an early closing April 29?:)

Here are the "late openings/early closings" currently listed by Disney.:)

Under the Sea-Journey of the Little Mermaid----April 29----9AM-7PM

Under the Sea-Journey of the Little Mermaid----May 1----9AM-6PM
Enchanted Tales with Belle----May 1----9AM-6PM
Mad Tea Party----May 1----9 AM-6PM

Dumbo the Flying Elephant----May 2----12PM-10PM
The Barnstormer----May 2----12PM-10PM
Under the Sea-Journey of the Little Mermaid----May 2----12PM-10PM

May 1 is for the "Media Preview".
May 2 is for the "Dedication".

Does anyone know why Mermaid has an early closing April 29?:)

Where do you find this? Do you pull each attraction up one by one for that day? Do you have the data for the next week? :)

Any guess as to what time the dedication on May 2nd will be?

I would love to be able to see this, but guessing we will be too late.

Our plane lands at 8:15AM, we are taking ME to CSR, hoping to be checked in and on our way to MK by 9:30. We also have BOG FP+ at 11:15. As long as we aren't delayed anywhere, looks like we will be in the mix of things....too exciting !!!!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Now I have to change my touring plan around :headache:

I'm also curious as to where this information came from. It would be nice to know when rides are going to close early when planning out my days. We won't be there on 5/2 but will be there on 5/3!!

If you go on WDW official site and select the rides individually it brings up the hours for the day, then select May 2nd (or whichever day you want) and that's how you see the different times available.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This changes my whole touring plan at MK for the 2nd.

I noticed that, too, for the 2nd... I was trying to get some FPs in the area, so that I could legit be in the middle of it all, and the earliest I could pull for Mermaid was noon.. I've got ETWB at 10:15, so we'll see how close that'll get me to the action.. ;)

I'm hoping this means some soft opens for the few days leading up to it while I'm there. I noticed last night while looking at wait times that for SDMT it says May 1, while the rest of the attractions have the current day listed.

So guests wouldn't be allowed in the area for the dedication? I can see not letting people in for the media part but to not allow everyone to see dedication would suck. We were going to rearrange our plans but maybe we should plan to avoid MK that day..although we do have FPs for May 1st there but I don't remember if it was anything in that area.

What's a dedication and what happens?

Basically,just a "ribbon cutting" event.:)

My "guess" is there will be a small "stage" in New Fantasyland by SDMT with a few "speeches" by Disney execs.:)

I would think almost assuredly Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs will be part of the Dedication.:)

Then at the end of the Dedication,there will probably be "streamers/confetti" shot and small fireworks launched.:)

disneyjunkie11 said:
So guests wouldn't be allowed in the area for the dedication? I can see not letting people in for the media part but to not allow everyone to see dedication would suck. We were going to rearrange our plans but maybe we should plan to avoid MK that day..although we do have FPs for May 1st there but I don't remember if it was anything in that area.

I am 100% avoiding MK during the media event days.
I think it'll be very crowded with locals and people going special just for this event.
It's off to Epcot we go.

May 1st is one of our MK days which I can not change because we have CRT reservations and fp+ for Anna and Elsa. We plan on leaving the park before 6 anyway. How bad do you think it will be crowd wise earlier in the day?

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter