SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize in advance if this question has been answered somewhere in this thread... I promise I tried reading and re-reading, and then reading again. I have a trip coming up and my magic bands have not been shipped yet. I am booked through a travel agent... would she be able to call and unlink my reservation from my primary MDE and switch it to my DH email? (it is a brand new MDE account and has not had any previous trips linked to it). I could try to ask around to find some magic bands, or buy them if that doesn't work, but we are going with family and we literally have enough old ones for all 8 of us to use. Just trying to see if this option is doable. Thank you!! :goodvibes

It would probably involve your travel agent having to rebook your trip - though you could drop her an email to confirm this. Better to ask around to find some magic bands amongst friends or family. Or buy them.

It would probably involve your travel agent having to rebook your trip - though you could drop her an email to confirm this. Better to ask around to find some magic bands amongst friends or family. Or buy them.

Thanks! It was becoming annoying how everyone I asked said they wouldn't know where to look to find their old cards/bands, IF they even have them. I just ended up ordering them from the Disney store so I can have peace of mind. Im so excited, thanks so much for this thread I would have never known about SDFP!!!! :yay:

One bizarre occurrence that I didn't see specifically addressed in OP (including the Ebay section) -- I bought 4 used magic bands on Ebay for around $2 each, all with a different name on the back. To satisfy my curiosity, I tried to enter one of them on my secondary MDE, and it did in fact say that it was already assigned to another MDE, so I figured I was all set. But then, the seller sent me an email to say they had actually asked Disney to completely delete their MDE profile, and Disney told them it should be deleted within 72 hours (I guess they were paranoid about confidentiality?).

Can Disney even delete a profile? Does this mean I'll probably have to enter the bands on my secondary MDE after all?

I know we have discussed CMs as far as alternate names on rogue bands. But I don't think I have ever read about this specific question. So for those of you that have used SDFP, when you use the rogue MBs, do you actually take off your non-rogue ones and wear the rogue ones...or do you just pull them out and tap them while holding them, still wearing your old ones? And if you do the latter, any over zealous CMs that say anything about having the two MBs? Or do they truly just not care/notice?

I know we have discussed CMs as far as alternate names on rogue bands. But I don't think I have ever read about this specific question. So for those of you that have used SDFP, when you use the rogue MBs, do you actually take off your non-rogue ones and wear the rogue ones...or do you just pull them out and tap them while holding them, still wearing your old ones? And if you do the latter, any over zealous CMs that say anything about having the two MBs? Or do they truly just not care/notice?
We've used SDFP many times and they truly do not care or notice. We have never had an issue wearing multiple bands.

Last edited:
One bizarre occurrence that I didn't see specifically addressed in OP (including the Ebay section) -- I bought 4 used magic bands on Ebay for around $2 each, all with a different name on the back. To satisfy my curiosity, I tried to enter one of them on my secondary MDE, and it did in fact say that it was already assigned to another MDE, so I figured I was all set. But then, the seller sent me an email to say they had actually asked Disney to completely delete their MDE profile, and Disney told them it should be deleted within 72 hours (I guess they were paranoid about confidentiality?).

Can Disney even delete a profile? Does this mean I'll probably have to enter the bands on my secondary MDE after all?

Disney can delete a profile - but it takes much longer than 72 hours. At very least, it takes 30 days. Maybe longer. But the bands should still continue to work for SDFP, in all probability - even if and when the MDE is deleted. Disney's defenses are set up to prevent bands stolen from merchandise locations to have any functionality. But your eBay bands were obviously not stolen - since they are showing as linked. Let us know what happens!

Are cast members going to give me the stink eye if they see me with a boatload of MagicBands?
Wearing bands can be sticky, but you can wear as many bands on your wrist/arm as you like. Cast members are not there to interrogate or hassle you. Disney wants you to have a magical time and come back and allow whatever money you may have left to magically disappear into their coffers.

There are plenty of reasons why a guest might be wearing multiple bands. Maybe it's because your kids complain about their bands, so you are already wearing three different people's bands, plus your own. Maybe grandpa doesn't like wearing his, so you've got his on your arm, too. This happens all the time. Therefore, if you choose to wear your primary band and your SDFP band at the same time, no CM will question you about the fact that you are wearing two. No one is paying attention to you anyway.

I just realized that the Ebay seller that I bought 4 used Magic Bands from, also included their four plastic admission cards (with the Mickey head in a circle on the back). So, if I'm reading the OP correctly, I could use either the cards or the bands for the SDFPs, correct?

Halloween or Christmas Party Tickets for SDFP?
Those hard plastic tickets you receive for party entrance can get you SDFP both before and after the MNSSHP and MVMCP, just like any ticket media. But not if they are linked to guests with park passes or annual passes, as they would then be clones of that guest's other passes (and MBs).You need to assign the party tickets to phantoms.

When you place the order for the tickets, you are required by the website to identify which of your friends and family members will be using the party tickets. When you receive the cards, either in the mail or at the will call/guest services window, each plastic card has been preassigned to one of the guests you designated.For SDFP purposes, you want that guest to be one who doesn't already have a ticket. If they already have a ticket, they'll already have booked FP. And you can't double dip FP on the same profile.

I am purchasing from overseas, and don't have the option of having the plastic tickets mailed to me for free.

Am I right to say that I should select "Email" as my delivery method? "Print at home" seems to imply that I won't get the plastic tickets.

I just realized that the Ebay seller that I bought 4 used Magic Bands from, also included their four plastic admission cards (with the Mickey head in a circle on the back). So, if I'm reading the OP correctly, I could use either the cards or the bands for the SDFPs, correct?
Yes, but not "both" i.e. You can't get two sets

I hope it's okay to talk touring strategy here with SDFP. Does anyone think I could get SDFP for any of the following in the morning? I'm jumping to Hollywood Studios hopefully at 12:30 to use my 3 booked FP in that park. Would you do anything different?

EMH:
7DMT
Space Mtn
if time - Buzz

9:00am Regular Opening
BTMRR
Splash
Pirates
Haunted Mansion
-grab a bite-
Mickey's Philharmagic
(could put Buzz here if we get SDFP because we're taking the Express Bus to HS which is right by there)

I guess my real question is are the morning times open on SDFP or just the afternoon.

In HS we won't get there until 1:00ish and are hoping to get SDFP for Great Movie Ride, Star Tours, Indy (and will try for TSMM but not hopeful)

Your strategy for DHS will depend on what you get at MK, and you might consider what you're trading out. Ex, if at MK you're able to get Pirates at 9:45 (5 minutes saved,) HM at 10:45 (10m saved) and Buzz for 11:45 (20 min saved,) is that worth then only being able to get 1 FP at 12:30 (knowing that there will be slimmer and slimmer selections by 1:30 & 2:30,) vs getting three SDFP right at 12:30 - does that save more than the 35 mins in the AM?

Worse, what if you can only get Pirates at 10:30 and HM at 11:45 for maybe 25 minutes saved - or only one of your list is available in your time slot. Just things to think about.

Wait times "saved" will vary based on day and crowd level, of course, but it's just a thought.

Your strategy for DHS will depend on what you get at MK, and you might consider what you're trading out. Ex, if at MK you're able to get Pirates at 9:45 (5 minutes saved,) HM at 10:45 (10m saved) and Buzz for 11:45 (20 min saved,) is that worth then only being able to get 1 FP at 12:30 (knowing that there will be slimmer and slimmer selections by 1:30 & 2:30,) vs getting three SDFP right at 12:30 - does that save more than the 35 mins in the AM?

Worse, what if you can only get Pirates at 10:30 and HM at 11:45 for maybe 25 minutes saved - or only one of your list is available in your time slot. Just things to think about.

Wait times "saved" will vary based on day and crowd level, of course, but it's just a thought.

Very good point. I did not consider this at all. Thank you.

I hope it's okay to talk touring strategy here with SDFP. Does anyone think I could get SDFP for any of the following in the morning? I'm jumping to Hollywood Studios hopefully at 12:30 to use my 3 booked FP in that park. Would you do anything different?

EMH:
7DMT
Space Mtn
if time - Buzz

9:00am Regular Opening
BTMRR
Splash
Pirates
Haunted Mansion
-grab a bite-
Mickey's Philharmagic
(could put Buzz here if we get SDFP because we're taking the Express Bus to HS which is right by there)

I guess my real question is are the morning times open on SDFP or just the afternoon.

In HS we won't get there until 1:00ish and are hoping to get SDFP for Great Movie Ride, Star Tours, Indy (and will try for TSMM but not hopeful)

Have you used touring plans? They have a calculator that helps estimate wait times for attractions at the parks for your specific rides (including walk time from one attraction to next). That might help you decide if you use FP+ in the morning or afternoon and when to try for SDFP. I had a similar question about hopping a few weeks ago that this app helped me with (or at least we'll see if it helped once I attempt the plan!).

Also, from what I've heard Magic Kingdom gets nuts on days it has early magic hours by around 10:30. It seems you might save more time by making some FP+ reservations in the morning at MK and hoping to get your HS selections with SDFP. I would even check if you can find SDFP selections at MK with your other bands before hopping to HS. Worst case if you use your first three at MK is that you could still use your two sets of bands for two SDFP selections at HS after using your first three with all bands. What are you FP+ reserving at HS?

Last edited:
Have you used touring plans? They have a calculator that helps estimate wait times for attractions at the parks for your specific rides (including walk time from one attraction to next). That might help you decide if you use FP+ in the morning or afternoon and when to try for SDFP. I had a similar question about hopping a few weeks ago that this app helped me with (or at least we'll see if it helped once I attempt the plan!).

Also, from what I've heard Magic Kingdom gets nuts on days it has early magic hours by around 10:30. It seems you might save more time by making some FP+ reservations in the morning at MK and hoping to get your HS selections with SDFP. I would even check if you can find SDFP selections at MK with your other bands before hopping to HS. Worst case if you use your first three at MK is that you could still use your two sets of bands for two SDFP selections at HS after using your first three with all bands. What are you FP+ reserving at HS?

Right now I have Tot, RnRC, and Star Tours. We want to ride Star Tours twice. The problem is I'm on in the parks one day pre cruise. I have to fit everything in that I can! We are doing the Star Wars Dessert Party that night and have to be done by 8:15.

Right now I have Tot, RnRC, and Star Tours. We want to ride Star Tours twice. The problem is I'm on in the parks one day pre cruise. I have to fit everything in that I can! We are doing the Star Wars Dessert Party that night and have to be done by 8:15.

Got it. That's a lot to squeeze in and I totally get it! I'm going to the Dessert Party in August and I'm really excited about that.

A few questions:
Can you split your group up and ride RnRC as single riders? I know you have two eight year olds from your signature and maybe they're willing to split up? That can save a ton of time.

13 minute wait for Star Tours at 6pm (in August on Sunday according to Touring Plans - not sure when you're going), and a 30 minute wait around 3pm for Tot. Your MK schedule is pretty ambitious for the morning and you have a lot less rides scheduled for the afternoon. Might be worth thinking about FP+ in the morning and seeing what you can get at HS in the afternoon?

I'm confused about the MDE account vs. the name within the account that owns the bands.

I thought I read I cannot use bands on my MDE account for SDFP, but can't I use bands for family members that aren't with me even those family members are on my MDE account? By MDE account I'm referring to the login name/PW that pulls up all my family and friends.

I'm confused about the MDE account vs. the name within the account that owns the bands.

I thought I read I cannot use bands on my MDE account for SDFP, but can't I use bands for family members that aren't with me even those family members are on my MDE account? By MDE account I'm referring to the login name/PW that pulls up all my family and friends.

You can use any bands from profiles on your MDE for SDFP -- as long as you haven't prebooked FP for those profiles. So you can use the bands of family members who aren't coming on the trip for SDFP because there won't already be prebooked FP on those profiles.

1. Is the City Hall kiosk usually open at 8am when rope drop is at 9am?
2. I have a PPO breakfast at Tusker House -- is that kiosk usually open before 9am?
3. For PPO at Garden Grill, is there a kiosk to use before 9am?
4. For PPO at H&V, is there a kiosk to use before 9am?

All days have regular 9am opening, no EMH. THank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter