SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I read the first post and didn't find my answer. We have a room only reservation through our MDE. We don't have park tickets attached to our magic bands. We'll be using main gate passes through our niece to go to the parks. Can we use our magic bands to make SDFP?

How early are the unmanned kiosks at Guest Relations in the Magic Kingdom open. Would you be able to stop there and schedule SDFP's before 9:00 am?

Both days we were in MK, they were available as soon as we got into the park. The first day we had an 8:15 BOG reservation with a 9:00 park opening. We were let in the park at 7:45 and I went right to them and did mine before we continued on up Main Street. IMO, this is the best kiosk to use in any of the parks because there was never anybody else at them when I was using them and that even counts going back in the middle of the afternoon on one of the days. Just as an aside, the second best as far as not being busy was the one back by Kali at AK.

Anybody every try a kiosk while entering a non-MK park for a PPO breakfast? Just curious if I can plan for that.

Hi! I read the first post and didn't find my answer. We have a room only reservation through our MDE. We don't have park tickets attached to our magic bands. We'll be using main gate passes through our niece to go to the parks. Can we use our magic bands to make SDFP?
Yes, they can be used.

I also want to add that if your onsite resort issues Anytime FPs to you as Guest Recovery amends, you'll just scan your MB at the FP touchpoints.

I always use a Guest Pass to enter the parks and had no issues redeeming my Anytime FPs for rides by using my linked MB.

What Hiro said.
And hopefully your niece will be prebooking FP for you on the guest passes.

Both days we were in MK, they were available as soon as we got into the park. The first day we had an 8:15 BOG reservation with a 9:00 park opening. We were let in the park at 7:45 and I went right to them and did mine before we continued on up Main Street. IMO, this is the best kiosk to use in any of the parks because there was never anybody else at them when I was using them and that even counts going back in the middle of the afternoon on one of the days. Just as an aside, the second best as far as not being busy was the one back by Kali at AK.

The magical MK City Hall kiosk has a counterpart in Guest Services just inside AK entrance.

You hit the nail on the head right here. For us, the "B" rides are right in the wheelhouse of the biggest benefits of SDFP. Sure, a tier 1 at EPCOT or EE at AK is great and always welcome but shouldn't be expected. To use a sports analogy, SDFP is all about "small ball". Don't go in expecting to hit a grand slam or even a home run. I'll take singles and doubles all day long. Of course, if the kiosk throws you a floater right up the middle then by all means swing for the fence.

Way to bat cleanup, Party 4!

Anybody every try a kiosk while entering a non-MK park for a PPO breakfast? Just curious if I can plan for that.
We entered HS for a PPO at H&V and the kiosks at the corner of Sunset and Hollywood were still covered and not operational. This is my limited experience in HS. Perhaps Others will chime in with different experiences.

We entered HS for a PPO at H&V and the kiosks at the corner of Sunset and Hollywood were still covered and not operational. This is my limited experience in HS. Perhaps Others will chime in with different experiences.

Is the one next to TSMM better for SDFP?

Good to know bc we have a PPO at h&v as well, planning jta sign up beforehand and JTA right after. Was planning to hit kiosks by Muppets around 10 while DH and DS5 do ST. Hoping they'll still be something left...unless anyone has better advice.

When we entered HS there was a Castmember in the middle of the intersection of Hollywood and Sunset directing traffic. He was basically preventing anyone from wondering to the back of the park. I assume this would mean the kiosks near TSMM wouldn't be accessible until the park opens. Again, I have very limited experience with being in HS PPO so take this with a grain of salt.

When we entered HS there was a Castmember in the middle of the intersection of Hollywood and Sunset directing traffic. He was basically preventing anyone from wondering to the back of the park. I assume this would mean the kiosks near TSMM wouldn't be accessible until the park opens. Again, I have very limited experience with being in HS PPO so take this with a grain of salt.

:thanks:

Quick update on my journey towards SDFP:

My eBay order came in yesterday. It had four bands, but three have the same name printed in the band! That means I'll likely only be able to use two of those bands. I may just purchase another one...OR:

MY DS2 won't have park tickets and we won't be able to make advanced FP reservations for him anyway (is this right?). So, I can just use his band to made SDFP reservations for my DS5. So we should be all set! :)

Thanks SO much ScrapYap for this great thread!

I have a package booked for later this year, which is already linked in MDE (I hadn't heard of SDFP when I made the booking).

I was given a set of complementary tickets at check in last year, which are for 1 day entry to EWWS or 1 round of mini golf. These tickets were never used, and weren't linked.

I've created a new MDE account to manage a set of phantom guests, and linked these tickets to the phantoms.

I just wanted to check, will I be able to use these tickets at the kiosks to book SDFP?

Reading this thread....and rereading the first page many, many times, has been invaluable. Thank you so much!! We are going to be in the parks May 21-24 and are going to give this a try.

The last four days we have been getting up at 445 am to book our fast passes for each park....they go so fast!! So, I am very excited to give this a try to add some extra little bonus rides to our days without too much wait time. (I know it won't be the big ticket rides unless a crazy miracle happens...lol...)

We are in Canada and they aren't able to send our MB internationally, so we have to pick them up at the parks. We are going to buy a second set of bands and use a second MDE for the phantom guests that I've already set up. That's the way I feel most confident in doing this. I don't want to mess up what we already have in place on the primary MDE. And having a second MDE on my boyfriends phone will be fine, I'm pretty sure...lol... The primary will be on my phone.

So, just wanted to say thank you so very much for all your work in putting this thread together and answering the many pages of questions.

Reading this thread....and rereading the first page many, many times, has been invaluable. Thank you so much!! We are going to be in the parks May 21-24 and are going to give this a try.

The last four days we have been getting up at 445 am to book our fast passes for each park....they go so fast!! So, I am very excited to give this a try to add some extra little bonus rides to our days without too much wait time. (I know it won't be the big ticket rides unless a crazy miracle happens...lol...)

We are in Canada and they aren't able to send our MB internationally, so we have to pick them up at the parks. We are going to buy a second set of bands and use a second MDE for the phantom guests that I've already set up. That's the way I feel most confident in doing this. I don't want to mess up what we already have in place on the primary MDE. And having a second MDE on my boyfriends phone will be fine, I'm pretty sure...lol... The primary will be on my phone.

So, just wanted to say thank you so very much for all your work in putting this thread together and answering the many pages of questions.
Just a small tip for viewing your Fastpasses on your phones if you think you might have trouble remembering rides/times you made both sets of FP for. We took a screenshot of FP booked for that day and made that our lock screen on our phones. This way if we needed a quick reminder we just had to glance at our lock screen instead of 1.)unlocking phone 2.)open MDE app. 3.)checking FP in app. Also might save you a tiny bit of data usage over the course of your vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter