SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The two I received already are definitely linked to someone in MDE, as it wouldn't let me add them. I'm still waiting for the third to arrive. But I agree that it seems more likely that the seller is collecting expired cards from others to sell. I guess I won't know definitively until I get to a kiosk, right? Worst case scenario, I end up having to buy a couple of new magic bands. C'est la vie.

Looks as though the seller has sold more than a dozen of those cards recently. They can't all have been linked to the same person - makes no sense. Report back to let us know how it goes, you two!

I have read thoroughly and thank you for all the information. We have cards from our hard ticket event, Disney after hours, the card has the correct symbol on the back, I believe we can use these for SDFP when we go in August. I had no idea of this thread for our last three trips, bummer! I am glad I found it now, better late than never!

I think the answer to both questions is yes, but I need confirmation from the experts here! I buy party tickets using Profile A and assign the tickets to A and B initially. C and D have a room reservation and added F and G as phantoms under 11 years of age. Tickets are reassigned to F and G to book FP at 60 days out. C and D have tickets and already have FPs for each day of stay.
Can C and D use F and G's magic bands to enter park and access the prebooked FPs?
Can A still go to GS to get the hard ticket cards and use those for SDFP during the trip? The cards have no ticket entitlements anymore. I wonder if GS would still give out hard ticket cards to A.

Really appreciate the help from this thread. Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences and knowledge!

I have read thoroughly and thank you for all the information. We have cards from our hard ticket event, Disney after hours, the card has the correct symbol on the back, I believe we can use these for SDFP when we go in August. I had no idea of this thread for our last three trips, bummer! I am glad I found it now, better late than never!

Glad you found us! Best to double check on the MagicBands and Cards page of your MDE. Have a look at any image of a ticket (regardless of the appearance of the ticket) on that page - and compare the number shown to the number on the back of your card from the hard ticket event. It's possible the tickets may have been linked to profiles there from the beginning. If that's the case, they're useless clones.

I think the answer to both questions is yes, but I need confirmation from the experts here! I buy party tickets using Profile A and assign the tickets to A and B initially. C and D have a room reservation and added F and G as phantoms under 11 years of age. Tickets are reassigned to F and G to book FP at 60 days out. C and D have tickets and already have FPs for each day of stay.
Can C and D use F and G's magic bands to enter park and access the prebooked FPs?
Can A still go to GS to get the hard ticket cards and use those for SDFP during the trip? The cards have no ticket entitlements anymore. I wonder if GS would still give out hard ticket cards to A.
Really appreciate the help from this thread. Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences and knowledge!

You're right - GS (Guest Services) is not going to give out cards when profiles A & B have no ticket entitlement.

Presumably, Disney will still be mailing out cards this year. (In the future, this will stop - since you'll be expected to enter special events with a linked MagicBand, linked parkhopper, AP - or eventually, your phone.)

So you buy the party tickets for A & B and have the cards mailed to you. Then you reassign the party tickets to resort guest phantoms F & G and prebook their FP for the party day at 60 days out. (We're assuming that, like last year, the umbrella function described in the first post will not function for parties - and the party guest must be on the resort reservation to book at 60 days.)

You would enter the party with the MagicBands you'll be receiving for F & G since those profiles now have the entitlements. A & B's de-ticketed cards will not work for party admission, but would work for SDFP on any day. And of course, you can book a separate set of SDFP on F & G's bands on any day other than the party day (since you'll have prebooked FP on that one day).

Another way to do this might be to reassign from F & G to A & B just before visiting GS. Ask for cards (which you'll be given, since A & B will then have the entitlement). Then, cards in hand for A & B, immediately reassign back to F & G before their FP fall off and enter the party with their MBs. (The falling off process usually takes more than 24 hours, but personally I wouldn't risk it and would stick with the first scenario.)

This is better than a crossword puzzle for mental gymnastics, right?

You're right - GS (Guest Services) is not going to give out cards when profiles A & B have no ticket entitlement.

Presumably, Disney will still be mailing out cards this year. (In the future, this will stop - since you'll be expected to enter special events with a linked MagicBand, linked parkhopper, AP - or eventually, your phone.)

So you buy the party tickets for A & B and have the cards mailed to you. Then you reassign the party tickets to resort guest phantoms F & G and prebook their FP for the party day at 60 days out. (We're assuming that, like last year, the umbrella function described in the first post will not function for parties - and the party guest must be on the resort reservation to book at 60 days.)

You would enter the party with the MagicBands you'll be receiving for F & G since those profiles now have the entitlements. A & B's de-ticketed cards will not work for party admission, but would work for SDFP on any day. And of course, you can book a separate set of SDFP on F & G's bands on any day other than the party day (since you'll have prebooked FP on that one day).

Another way to do this might be to reassign from F & G to A & B just before visiting GS. Ask for cards (which you'll be given, since A & B will then have the entitlement). Then, cards in hand for A & B, immediately reassign back to F & G before their FP fall off and enter the party with their MBs. (The falling off process usually takes more than 24 hours, but personally I wouldn't risk it and would stick with the first scenario.)

This is better than a crossword puzzle for mental gymnastics, right?

Yes! It's for sure a challenging mental workout!! Thanks gratefully for your kind assistance! I really appreciate it. Have a magical day!

When using the umbrella technique described in the first post for a MNSSHP, are the 4 resort guests using park tickets to get into the park prior to the party and that is how you get two sets of 60 day prior fast passes? Or are you able to get the two sets with only the phantoms being who goes in with the party hard ticket? We might be just using the party ticket that day and not going early or hopping and wouldn't be using our regular ticket.

When using the umbrella technique described in the first post for a MNSSHP, are the 4 resort guests using park tickets to get into the park prior to the party and that is how you get two sets of 60 day prior fast passes? Or are you able to get the two sets with only the phantoms being who goes in with the party hard ticket? We might be just using the party ticket that day and not going early or hopping and wouldn't be using our regular ticket.
Last year, it was reported the Party Tickets couldn't be "under the umbrella."

The Party Tickets, linked to those who were not on the onsite room reservation (phantoms), were specifically coded in as event tickets and only the 30-day window applied to FP booking. Because phantoms only had 30-day FP pre-booking privileges last year, the same probably applies for 2017.

I know this is slightly :offtopic:, but it is about phantom MB's. One of our nights we would like to take advantage of PM EMH, we have 5 people on our reservation plus one phantom, which is an infant. Can the infant MB be used for a friend that will be with us (she lives locally), to access EMH at MK?

I know this is slightly :offtopic:, but it is about phantom MB's. One of our nights we would like to take advantage of PM EMH, we have 5 people on our reservation plus one phantom, which is an infant. Can the infant MB be used for a friend that will be with us (she lives locally), to access EMH at MK?

No, there will be no park ticket on that band. It's only good for SDFP.

We are going the second week in December and plan to park hop. Would it be better to rope drop and SDFP the first park and save FP+ for the second park?

No, there will be no park ticket on that band. It's only good for SDFP.
Ok, but just to be clear, she will be using her own ticket for entrance to the park, I was just hoping that I could tap the phantom band at the rides to show that we are staying on site.

We are going the second week in December and plan to park hop. Would it be better to rope drop and SDFP the first park and save FP+ for the second park?

Dunno about better or not, but that's what I did when I went on March 18th. AK in the morning and HS in the afternoon; booked the advance fastpasses at HS (for Rockin Roller Coaster, ToT, etc), and then did rope drop and SDFP at AK (rope dropped Everest and Safari, no line for Kali when it opened at 9, and then SDFP for Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl...I think we got a SDFP for Fest of the Lion King too...).

Though when we hopped over to HS we got SDFP there too, for Great Movie Ride and Toy Story...just a matter of knowing where the kiosks are, cause once you use up your initial three SDFP its back to the one at a time bit.

Ok, but just to be clear, she will be using her own ticket for entrance to the park, I was just hoping that I could tap the phantom band at the rides to show that we are staying on site.

If she has to tap the band, they may be looking for the presence of a ticket on that profile. Maybe the CM won't notice. The predictable scenario may vary. Definitely a good chance it won't work. What do you think, Marcie and Hiro?

Looks as though the seller has sold more than a dozen of those cards recently. They can't all have been linked to the same person - makes no sense. Report back to let us know how it goes, you two!

Got mine today in the mail, all linked to someone else. I hope they aren't the same someone, if so we still have 2 rogue bands and will be able to use 1 of the cards. Will try to report back when I find out for sure :)

I have read and reread and searched looking for the answer to this but couldn't quite find an answer specific to my situation being they were hoppers with "extras" on them.

I have 2 paper tickets from 2005 and one paper ticket from 2006. All 3 do not have any park days left but all have at least one "extra" like a waterpark left on them. The first day, I can take those to guest services and have them made into hard tickets so that I can assign them to my MDE account (under our middle names). Then I can use them in the parks to get the SDFP? Would this be correct?

If she has to tap the band, they may be looking for the presence of a ticket on that profile. Maybe the CM won't notice. The predictable scenario may vary. Definitely a good chance it won't work. What do you think, Marcie and Hiro?
My thinking was that there must be some people that have their reservation/room info on a magic band, and use another (for a variety of reasons) for their tickets. Which one would they tap during PM EMH?

My thinking was that there must be some people that have their reservation/room info on a magic band, and use another (for a variety of reasons) for their tickets. Which one would they tap during PM EMH?

Most people of course have their tickets and resort reservations on the same profiles so they can book FP at 60 days, etc. But there are certainly a few who don't. The problem is that a band without a ticket might draw the attention of a CM - who would then see that the guest was supposed to be an infant. It's unclear if they would ask that guest to leave the park, since that's obviously not their MB. It's possible that it would work without incident. Possible that the CM would notice. Personally, I think it's probable that the CM would notice. And it's outside the province of SDFP in any case.

Last edited:
I have read and reread and searched looking for the answer to this but couldn't quite find an answer specific to my situation being they were hoppers with "extras" on them.

I have 2 paper tickets from 2005 and one paper ticket from 2006. All 3 do not have any park days left but all have at least one "extra" like a waterpark left on them. The first day, I can take those to guest services and have them made into hard tickets so that I can assign them to my MDE account (under our middle names). Then I can use them in the parks to get the SDFP? Would this be correct?

Yes, that's right. Guest services will give you plastic cards for those tickets. Depending on the officiousness quotient of the CM who assists you, they might want to link the cards to profiles on your account for you -- since those tickets are not transferable. They might not want you to walk away and link them later.

Are there names written on your paper tickets? If so, your phantom names will need to match. And remember that once linked, partially used tickets *cannot* be reassigned. So if they are mistakenly linked to your own real profiles, there will be no SDFP with those cloned cards. Possibly set up a separate MDE - and don't make a mistake and give the CM the wrong email address! :) Don't trust anyone to do this for you - do it yourself, with a list of instructions for yourself to avoid error. Be sure that they give you an adult ticket in place of former child tickets - since a child in 2005 could be over 18 now. Ask for this. Even if the original user is still under 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter