SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just looked at my old MDE and my old MDE bands are next to my sister in laws name. So I assume that means that my old magicband won't work for SDFP because it's assigned to her now and we're in the parks together. Is this correct? My TA did it. :( I sent her an email and asked her about it because it'll be my SIL first time in the park and her kids and I want their name printed on the magicband and not mine. It looks like my old # was reassigned to her.

I'm really sorry, but I don't understand your post.

What old # was reassigned to your SIL?

The name printed on the inside of a MagicBand corresponds to the names of guests on a room reservation.

You are right that all MagicBands affiliated with a specific MDE profile are clones of each other.

Yep, if there weren't lines I'd just keep refreshing the page at the kiosks (hitting "back" and so forth) and see what popped up. Also, if your ride pops up but not at a time you want, grab what time it shows and then you can do "modify" to try and change the time. That's how I got 7DMT today.
I practice booking SDFP while at home on my computer around 8:15/8:30 most mornings and I find the same...that if I book one and go in to modify it, a lot of times pop up.

Just to add, I find completely different FP+ availability on my phone and on the kiosks. I am not sure if Disney holds some FP+ for guests day of in the parks, but I could be looking on my phone simultaneously with the kiosk and see completely different attractions for the same party size.

I'm really sorry, but I don't understand your post.

What old # was reassigned to your SIL?

The name printed on the inside of a MagicBand corresponds to the names of guests on a room reservation.

You are right that all MagicBands affiliated with a specific MDE profile are clones of each other.

Hmmm...cannot figure out how to upload a screen shot. But if I go into "magicbands and cards" it looks like this.....

Select a magic band or card to mange it's status:

April
>Grace
Active​
####-####-####​

Ben
>Dave
Active​
####-####-####​

So April is my sister in law and Grace is me. Ben is her hubby and Dave is mine. I guess I can just wait and see what their new magic band numbers are.

If new one are on order then it'll be her name because her name is on the room reservation so that's good. I just don't know about the 12 digit number. Sorry I've confused myself and probably you too?! TIA!

Last edited:
Is there a SOP for magic bands that belonged to a baby who has now turned 3? I'm wondering if I could turn her current profile into a phantom by renaming it and then creating a new one for her to use from here on out with all her ticketed magic bands. Is that possible?

Our upcoming trip has not yet linked to her and MDE still views her as an infant.

ETA: Thank you for all the time you put into that OP. It's very thorough!

Last edited:
Is there a SOP for magic bands that belonged to a baby who has now turned 3? I'm wondering if I could turn her current profile into a phantom by renaming it and then creating a new one for her to use from here on out with all her ticketed magic bands. Is that possible?

Our upcoming trip has not yet linked to her and MDE still views her as an infant.

ETA: Thank you for all the time you put into that OP. It's very thorough!
I did this with my now 3 year old. I changed the name on his old profile to his middle name. And this year have a new profile for him.

I think though you can't change the birthdate of any profiles without calling (I could be remembering wrong here). So bc I didn't want them combined I had to give the new one a different birthdate, I think.

With the scenario you describe above, you wouldn't be able to enter the party without the plastic cards, since the party entitlements wouldn't be associated with your primary profiles.

If you'd rather enter with your bands and don't care about the one extra set of FP the MNSSHP ticket cards entitle you to (that day being the day of the party), you could set up the phantoms on your regular MDE, side by side with the real profiles. Link the MNSSHP tickets to the phantoms. At this point, the plastic cards are now "married" to the phantom profiles. Now reassign the party entitlement from the phantoms to the real profiles. The cards will remain linked to the phantoms, so will still be useful for SDFP. But now you would enter the park with the bands because you'd have transferred the disembodied entitlement to the "treasure rooms" of the real profiles. (If this sounds confusing, reread the first post - it's all there in detail! :))

Great - thanks! I think I got it and have a plan!

I'll set up some phantom profiles on my MDE when we buy the tickets, and use the MNSSHP cards in the days leading up to the party for SDFP. I'll transfer the party entitlement over before we get to the park. Our party is quite early on in our vacation (day 3) and we're meeting up with friends who leave on the morning of day 6 (only on my MDE as 'friends'), so we can just get their bands and use them for SDFP for the remainder of our stay :yay:

Just to add, I find completely different FP+ availability on my phone and on the kiosks. I am not sure if Disney holds some FP+ for guests day of in the parks, but I could be looking on my phone simultaneously with the kiosk and see completely different attractions for the same party size.
I got the sense that they do, the one time I looked at a kiosk first thing (5 min after rope drop) i was able to pick up both Soarin' and TT for that morning at good times.

Since I got such great help with the SDFP, I thought I would come back and report how it went. We visited 3/12 - 3/17 and visted all 4 parks. I purchased 5 extra magic bands as our party grew from 3 to 5 in the weeks before the trip.

It was spring break with crowd levels reported at 7-10 each day so it was really crowded.

Sunday 3/12 - MK day - I had my 30 day FP+ already set up for 7 Dwarves, Big Thunder and Peter Pan. At rope drop I headed to City Hall and was able to get Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion. When we used up our original FP+ we added Buzz Lightyear and later Pirates. We waited in line for a few other rides at opportune times and although the crowds were insane, we felt we "did it all". There is no way we would have felt that way without the SDFP.

Monday 3/13 - HS day - I had my 30 day FP+ set for Toy Story, Tower of Terror & Star Wars. We headed to the Kiosk at the end of Hollywood at rope drop and checked for additional FP+. Zip. Nothing but shows. I got Beauty and the Beast but only my wife and our friend attended because it overlapped with Tower. We waited for Rockin Rollercoaster but pretty much left the park early. It was super crowded and there really is only 5 rides open right now. No difference with SDFP.

After Monday, our friends left and gave us their used tickets so we now had 5 MBs and 2 tickets to use for the 3 of us.

Wednesday 3/15 - EC day - I had my 30 day FP+ set for Soarin, Living with the Land and Mission Space. We hit the Kiosk at rope drop and I was able to add Test Track, Seas with Nemo & Spaceship Earth (Soarin was gone). Not huge lines for any of these, but very convenient not to wait at all. We waited for Soarin first thing and so was able to do that twice. This was another good day in a crowded park thanks to SDFP!

Friday was just my son and I so we had all 7 SDFP media to use for the day!

Friday 3/17 - AK day - I had made 30+ day FP+ for Everest, Dinosaur and Kilimanjaro Safari. We ended up at the Kiosk *before* rope drop and was able to secure 3 more Everest rides, Primeval Whirl (ended up riding it 6 times) and Kali River Rapids. We rode all day. We only waited in line once for Everest and bailed after about 30 minutes to get use a FP+. By far the best day for sure.

So I spent an additional $65 on MB's and it was definitely worth it. Thanks for all the help!

Since I got such great help with the SDFP, I thought I would come back and report how it went. We visited 3/12 - 3/17 and visted all 4 parks. I purchased 5 extra magic bands as our party grew from 3 to 5 in the weeks before the trip.

It was spring break with crowd levels reported at 7-10 each day so it was really crowded.

Sunday 3/12 - MK day - I had my 30 day FP+ already set up for 7 Dwarves, Big Thunder and Peter Pan. At rope drop I headed to City Hall and was able to get Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion. When we used up our original FP+ we added Buzz Lightyear and later Pirates. We waited in line for a few other rides at opportune times and although the crowds were insane, we felt we "did it all". There is no way we would have felt that way without the SDFP.

Monday 3/13 - HS day - I had my 30 day FP+ set for Toy Story, Tower of Terror & Star Wars. We headed to the Kiosk at the end of Hollywood at rope drop and checked for additional FP+. Zip. Nothing but shows. I got Beauty and the Beast but only my wife and our friend attended because it overlapped with Tower. We waited for Rockin Rollercoaster but pretty much left the park early. It was super crowded and there really is only 5 rides open right now. No difference with SDFP.

After Monday, our friends left and gave us their used tickets so we now had 5 MBs and 2 tickets to use for the 3 of us.

Wednesday 3/15 - EC day - I had my 30 day FP+ set for Soarin, Living with the Land and Mission Space. We hit the Kiosk at rope drop and I was able to add Test Track, Seas with Nemo & Spaceship Earth (Soarin was gone). Not huge lines for any of these, but very convenient not to wait at all. We waited for Soarin first thing and so was able to do that twice. This was another good day in a crowded park thanks to SDFP!

Friday was just my son and I so we had all 7 SDFP media to use for the day!

Friday 3/17 - AK day - I had made 30+ day FP+ for Everest, Dinosaur and Kilimanjaro Safari. We ended up at the Kiosk *before* rope drop and was able to secure 3 more Everest rides, Primeval Whirl (ended up riding it 6 times) and Kali River Rapids. We rode all day. We only waited in line once for Everest and bailed after about 30 minutes to get use a FP+. By far the best day for sure.

So I spent an additional $65 on MB's and it was definitely worth it. Thanks for all the help!

What an amazing day! Thanks for sharing. Quick question - when you went to get FP inside MK were there times immediately available that morning? Like 9am? Do you remember? Just curious if only late in the day FP are avail. Thanks!

What an amazing day! Thanks for sharing. Quick question - when you went to get FP inside MK were there times immediately available that morning? Like 9am? Do you remember? Just curious if only late in the day FP are avail. Thanks!

On my MK day, EMH were at 7, and the kiosks were open. We rode Peter Pan and then I hit the kiosks at about 7:15, and there were definitely times available that morning. I got Jungle Cruise at 8:30 to 9:30 am, Dumbo from 9:30 to 10:30, and Barnstormer from 10:30 to 11:30. I think Pirates was also available that early (9 am) and a bunch of the other less popular rides.

On my MK day, EMH were at 7, and the kiosks were open. We rode Peter Pan and then I hit the kiosks at about 7:15, and there were definitely times available that morning. I got Jungle Cruise at 8:30 to 9:30 am, Dumbo from 9:30 to 10:30, and Barnstormer from 10:30 to 11:30. I think Pirates was also available that early (9 am) and a bunch of the other less popular rides.

Awesome thank you!

Just at MK yesterday and used SDFP very nicely when we decided to return. One thing that made my day was we booked Buzz for 8:30 and it was down then. So we got the Multiple Experiences pass. We had SDFP for Splash so went to Thunder. My DD also had a Multiple Experience from when we were on Splash and it broke down when we were on it - walked out of the ride down the back of the property! So while I waited for her, I decided to try for another SDFP for Buzz just to see. It was still down for our FP time, but since it was so late the Multiple Experience passes were good for any park for the next day!! That is great since we are doing later HS and could not get RnR.

Crazy scenario for you - based on all the great info I read here (read first page twice). If I am going to the Halloween party 4 times on my trip this fall (solo trip, why not?), I can set up each ticket to a phantom and that is now 4 extra sets of SDFPs I can use on my trip at any park, correct? Or I don’t even have to set up a phantom to them, but just make sure that none of them are linked to my MDE or to each other, so that I can use them accordingly – keeping in mind that I will then have to make sure I keep track when I schedule at each kiosk by taking a photo of the screen and somehow that card to the screen shot, otherwise when I go to the ride and might scan the wrong card for my FP?

But I then need to realize that I won’t have any photos from rides the night of the party or anywhere in the park on party nights, in my memory maker attached to my MDE – because I never linked those party tickets.

It may not be worth trying to keep the four tickets separate while on my trip, but just wanted to run it by the experts for your opinion. Want to get the most out of those party tickets, but I am not concerned about using them for purposes of pre-planned FPs because it would only be good for the night of party between 4-6:30pm if I am using it as a separate ticket from my length of stay park hopper. I am more about using these party tickets to my advantage in ways of using in other parks at the kiosks during the day - just trying to decide if it would all be worth it.

Crazy scenario for you - based on all the great info I read here (read first page twice). If I am going to the Halloween party 4 times on my trip this fall (solo trip, why not?), I can set up each ticket to a phantom and that is now 4 extra sets of SDFPs I can use on my trip at any park, correct? Or I don’t even have to set up a phantom to them, but just make sure that none of them are linked to my MDE or to each other, so that I can use them accordingly – keeping in mind that I will then have to make sure I keep track when I schedule at each kiosk by taking a photo of the screen and somehow that card to the screen shot, otherwise when I go to the ride and might scan the wrong card for my FP?

But I then need to realize that I won’t have any photos from rides the night of the party or anywhere in the park on party nights, in my memory maker attached to my MDE – because I never linked those party tickets.

It may not be worth trying to keep the four tickets separate while on my trip, but just wanted to run it by the experts for your opinion. Want to get the most out of those party tickets, but I am not concerned about using them for purposes of pre-planned FPs because it would only be good for the night of party between 4-6:30pm if I am using it as a separate ticket from my length of stay park hopper. I am more about using these party tickets to my advantage in ways of using in other parks at the kiosks during the day - just trying to decide if it would all be worth it.

Just want to say that a solo trip with 4 (4!!!!) MNSSHP parties sounds awesome! Go you!!!

Four parties, solo. Just wow. :)

If you want ride photos, be sure to wear a band, even though you won't be using it for admission. You could also have Photopass photographers tap a band, so the pics will show up on your Memory Maker.

You're right, you don't have to link the four cards to your MDE. But if you do, then the kiosk-booked phantom SDFP will show up on your MDE for convenient reference. And of course, the names will show up on the kiosk screen, helping you keep track of which sets of SDFP coordinate with which cards. Sharpie the phantom names in the upper right corner of the front of each card in big letters.

Moving forward, you might find it convenient to have four phantoms with cards on your MDE. Let's say your neighbor can't go to MVMCP and wants to give you her ticket. She's already linked it to her MDE, so she can't just hand you the card. That card will stay on her profile forever. But Disney allows unlimited reassignment of tickets (before use, obviously). Let's say you don't want the ticket reassigned to your real profile because you do want the extra set of prebooked FP this time. You can just have her reassign the card to one of your phantoms - and because the phantoms have cards, you can access the entitlement of the MVMCP ticket. That scenario is obviously not likely to happen, but it's the sort of thing that can come up and make you glad you have phantoms with cards. Otherwise, you'd have to buy MagicBands to access MDE phantom entitlements.

The downside to linking the tickets to phantom profiles is that you won't be able to remove those profiles without calling guest services. Some people find it distracting to have extraneous profiles on their MDE. I rather like them, myself. One big happy family! :)

Enjoy those parties!!

I just happened upon this thread and I promise I did read the entire post #1. But just need to clarify...family of 10 going but one is under 3 (will be 13 months at time of trip).

Should we make FPs at 60 days out on the baby's band even if it means rides that the baby will not do (Mountains, etc). That would give one member of our party an opportunity to use the baby's band and ride again. OR should we just use the baby's band to make SDFP once in the park? It will only help one member of our party at any one time. I don't plan to acquire extra Magic Bands to make this SDFP system work for all. But I appreciate the info and like the suggestion to ask for plastic room keys so that mom and baby can pass their bands on if they leave parks early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter