SD Zoo Vs Safari

DWillowBay

DIS Veteran
Can someone help me understand the two different experiences. I've been to the Zoo...which is really great...but my family thought we'd try the Safari this time. But....what's that like? Thanks!

The Safari Park is great. One of the main differences is size. The Safari Park is about 900 acres, and focuses on mostly African and Asian animals. There are field exhibits that you can walk on the outside of to see the animals, but some can be hard to see depending on where they are in the exhibit areas.

The Park also has awesome lion and tiger exhibits (Tiger just opened last Year), along with Ca Condors and Cheetahs.

If you have any specific questions, you can PM me. I work at the Zoo, but have been loaned to a couple of departments at the Safari Park over the years

So you would you say there is more to see at the zoo than safari park? If you could only choose one to go to which would you pick?

The safari park is worth it if you've never been, but having been to both I prefer the zoo. I've been on a drive through safari park in Oregon that was really fun, so the San Diego tram ride just doesn't compare because you are no where near as close to animals. The safari park has other features that I like, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter