Scuba vacation spots

SWofDisorder

Expatriate Fun
Not really under budget but where are some of your favourite scuba holiday locations? We have a mid Feb holiday and I want sun and scuba.

Belize
The Cayman Islands
Turks & Caicos

While we haven't been there, a coworker raves about Bonaire.

I have only dived in the Caribbean. Cayman was great. And, I know a lot of people don't care for the Bahamas but I like it there for diving, plus since so close to the States usually pretty cheap trip.

I have heard Roatan, Honduras is amazing too. But we stopped there once on a cruise and I have no desire to go back.

Not sure where you are located but I have heard Palau is amazing.

What about a cruise and scuba diving in a few port?

That time of year , the western Carribean ( cCozumel, Belize, Grand Cayman) will have warmer wether and water than the Bahamas.

Grand Cayman! Absolutely amazing island, and it's safe!

We've considered Bonaire but haven't gotten there yet!

I would choose a deep southern Caribbean cruise out of San Juan, Puerto Rico. A 7 night cruise will get you 5 ports maybe 6. You will go to several less crowded islands that cruises out of Miami/Fort Lauderdale cannot reach on a 7 day itinerary.
You will probably hit St. Thomas and can take the ferry over the St. John for great diving there.

A cruise is way cheaper than staying on one island and paying hotel, food, transportation, etc. You will also have the chance to sample several places and choose where you might return for a longer trip.

My first thought was Hawaii but that is probably too cold when you are going.

Second for Coco View. They send you pink tags for your luggage. When you get there, the tags identify you are going to CCV.

A very nice lady (Laura ?) helps you get the the right van and takes care of your luggage.

They have a sign in slip ready for you. You show your card to the air/nitrox tank guy.
The next day you get a tour of the front yard and figure out your weights.

Food is beyond good and lots of it. Breakfast normal eggs etc. Lunch and dinner is both a fish and meat dish. Had lobster twice that week. Salad bar and lots of fruit.
You can either dive the front yard all week long or do boat dives.
I am older and dove the front yard most of the time. So much to see there. The Prince Albert is there along with an airplane. From the front yard you can go to the right and do CCV wall or left and do Neumans wall.

The rooms are very clean and it's the type of place you don't have to lock your doors.
If you want to explore town you just have to ask they will have a trusted cab ready for you.
Can you tell I love the place . Won't go wrong going there. YOU will return.:goodvibes

Grand Cayman and Bonaire are my favorites. I liked St Lucia a lot too.

FYI Galapagos has very difficult diving with a lot of currents and is only recommended for an advanced diver.

Grand Cayman and Bonaire are my favorites. I liked St Lucia a lot too.

FYI Galapagos has very difficult diving with a lot of currents and is only recommended for an advanced diver.

Ah...I did not know that. It was easy for inexperienced snorkeling, so I just assumed it would also be fabulous for scuba as well...you certainly can't beat the variety of things you would see

I guess St. Croix has phenomenal scuba. So much so that my mom's boyfriend bought a house there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter