Scrooge McDuck collector here... any Scrooge Mem. to trade? buy?

I actually went on Wednesday, and nothing scrooge but I did find a Webby stuffed animal (Shes in the duck family). Had to snatch her up. Still looking though... popcorn::

I actually went on Wednesday, and nothing scrooge but I did find a Webby stuffed animal (Shes in the duck family). Had to snatch her up. Still looking though... popcorn::

I still have my 'ol webigial plush- is yours in pink?

Well, I know there is a large statue (about two feet tall) of Scrooge throwing money. They originally sold for about $125 and if you call one of the collectable stores (Art of Disney at Downtown Dis or the place in EPCOT) they may be able to help you track one down. I am not sure if he was a numbered piece, but if you can't find one thru Disney I know a collector who may be able to hunt one down for you!
Hope you find some good stuff! I will keep looking!

Thanks Steph! While at Disney, we went into the collectable store downtown and they said they had absolutely nothing of Scrooge left- nor could it be ordered. They said they actually had to jack the price way down for someone to even buy it. :sad2:

Yeah my webby plush has her pink shirt on with 'webby' written on her stomach and a headband around her head. She looks like a baby (with her tongue hanging out and all).
Same one you are thinking of??

Thanks so much for your reply!! So glad you found me over here!!

Thanks Steph! While at Disney, we went into the collectable store downtown and they said they had absolutely nothing of Scrooge left- nor could it be ordered. They said they actually had to jack the price way down for someone to even buy it. :sad2:

Yeah my webby plush has her pink shirt on with 'webby' written on her stomach and a headband around her head. She looks like a baby (with her tongue hanging out and all).
Same one you are thinking of??

Thanks so much for your reply!! So glad you found me over here!!

HaHa! Yep, it's the same webbie doll! She is so cute!
I will do some hunting for you . . . ok, my Dad actually will. Happy hunting to al!

Have you checked ebay?? There are quite a few items there. There is a Hagen-Renaker Figurine up now. It's small, old and on the CARD!!!! These figures are very delicate and hard to find intact, never mind on the card.

If you collect Scrooge pins........there are hundreds of those on ebay too. I'm sure there are some available at the Downtown Disney Pin Traders Store.

Good luck!

I see stuff on ebay all of the time... but Im horrible at judging a good deal from a bad one. I dont really know what memorabilia goes for.... not to mention whether its really even worth anything or not.

Im going to check that out Hagen- Renaker Figurine out.. thanks Kathie!

I just checked that out on e-bay.... SO nice!! I would absolutely love that. Do you know how valuable those Hagen-Renaker figures are? I put it on watch... it does say that the guys reserve hasnt been met yet though. Hmm....

Vintage Disney Hagen-Renaker's tend to run a little pricy. I looked it up in my Hagen-Renaker Price Guide. Are you sitting down?? $175.......and that is without the card. Oh boy!! The guide is ©1999-2003 so figure the value is a little higher. Then again..........you know ebay......it depends on how bad someone wants it.

Some of the Hagen-Renakers go for a lot more. I collect any Tinker Bell and Peter Pan figurines (not just Hagens). I've been collecting seriously since 1997. There is a John Darling Hagen that I still don't have. He shows up on ebay once in a great while. Last one went for $1800. :scared1:

Some people have unlimited funds but that is too rich for me. I'll wait until all the $$bags get theirs.........and then there will be one out there for me. I also need Wendy and 2 of the 4 mermaids from Peter Pan. I can wait.

One thing to remember about collecting and buying on ebay is to ask questions. Some sellers just don't give you enough information. Also, practice patience. Decide what you want to spend and then stick to it. Remember, another onw will come around again. May not be for months or years..........but it will.

My middle name used to be NO-PATIENCE. I've paid a lot of money for something only to have the next one go for half of what I paid. :headache:

I don't do that anymore. Plus.....as time goes on....I become more savvy as to how scarce an item is so I am better able to plan my attack!!! :surfweb:

If you find anything you are interested in on ebay and want me to give it a look-see.......LMK. I have many Disney collectibles books (AND a LOT of collectibles) so I can most likely tell you about most items, regarding time period made, value, etc. If it's in one of my books, I can find it.

I also have a couple of dealer friends (they feed my collection) I can point you in the direction of one's web site. He has some cool older items and some newer stuff.......not sure if there is any Scrooge stuff.

My email is ricard331 @ verizon. net Without the spaces.

Happy collecting.

Thank you so much for that information! I don't think I've had anyone give me the time like you have!! $175?? Wow! I suppose if the bid stays low... (Its about $50 right now)... I could bid at the end and then let them decide whether or not to sell it, right?

I will defiantely be staying in touch with you.. like I said- I am not a good judge of somethings value. I often worry that people are charging an arm and a leg for something that isnt so hard to find.

Thanks so much!! Yes, and if you find anyone with Scrooge stuff please send me their way!

mag- I would suggest you get this book. It seemes to be the bible for disney prices. I borrowed my copy from the libary but am going to buy one. theres about 20 pages on scooge alone. It covers many other disney collectables too so its kinda a good all around book. Its 960 pages. If you want more infromation on it let me know since I have my copy till the end of next week. I copied a link to a place you can get it used for 4 bucks insted of 20 new. I hope this helps.

The Official Price Guide to Disney Collectibles (Paperback)
by Ted Hake

http://www.amazon.com/Official-Pric...id=1168897278/ref=sr_11_1/102-5658866-0008935

mag- I would suggest you get this book. It seemes to be the bible for disney prices. I borrowed my copy from the libary but am going to buy one. theres about 20 pages on scooge alone. It covers many other disney collectables too so its kinda a good all around book. Its 960 pages. If you want more infromation on it let me know since I have my copy till the end of next week. I copied a link to a place you can get it used for 4 bucks insted of 20 new. I hope this helps.

The Official Price Guide to Disney Collectibles (Paperback)
by Ted Hake

http://www.amazon.com/Official-Pric...id=1168897278/ref=sr_11_1/102-5658866-0008935

Thank you so much for this!!! :woohoo: I am definately going to try and find it. Used for 4 bucks? Mine says its 19.28.. hmm??

Steph-- THanks so much!! Im going to tell DH. he loves big stuff like that. We were looking for a large figurine like that at Disney but didnt find one.. and low and behold you find one!!:hug:

I cried today when I got my first disney pin. I love it so much. I had to come tell you guys cause NO ONE in my house was excited (or cared). THatk you magg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter