Screw In the Light Bulb-All New x 13 4/25!!

Very manly way of commenting on the decor by the way.

Ya got that right! <grunts> <farts> <scratches self inapropriately>

Workin' hard,
to keep that card.

:rotfl2: Probably! And clearly we are among the affluent in our homemade matching shirts...:rotfl2:

:lmao:

I don't think I ever said anything. I messed up both knees pretty badly wayyyyy back in high school (no cartilage left in either). Last spring I felt a tell tale 'pop' in the right one. I've worn the brace a lot since then. I just needed a bit more support on our second full day.

Ah. I was wracking my somewhat limited memory trying to remember if you'd mentioned something.
Doesn't seem to slow you down too much, though.

Mmm - Mickey pretzel! Maddie is one smart cookie.

OMG - I know nothing about Ralph and Vanelope (haven’t seen the movie), but they are HUGE! :scared1: :laughing:

Yay for Maddie finding the ToT awesomeness! Now she can ride with Willow one day and enjoy every second. :woohoo:

Have I mentioned how much I love the OK shirts? So great!!!

Love the pic of Bryan and Maddie waiting happily at MM while you fume. Totally me - we have no patience, woman!

I loved that Joanie and Chachi decor too! :laughing: As you know, it was our first time there too. I think you and I ordered the same thing (although mine was gluten-free and I did shrimp instead of chicken) - YUM! :laughing:

Love all the cute butter pics.

Too bad dessert wasn’t better. :(

That pasta looks amazing! The flatbread doesn't look half bad either.

Butter on your nose is a pretty funny situation. It happens to the best of us.

oh, mickey shaped pretzels are on our snack list too! they look delicious and i'm sure taste exceptionally better than boring, non magical, regular shaped pretzels!

we are in LOVE with your ralph and vanelope pictures! we saw the movie when it was in theaters, but I checked it out from the library the other day and we have rediscovered our love of it. we are so excited to meet them!

maddie is way brave to go on ToT! the line there creeps me out too! and I think the CMs like their jobs a little too much over there--also always creepy!

we've never been to mama Melrose's either. it looks like it was a good experience! but, hello? passed up tiramisu? that would have been the first thing cleared off the plate in our family! :rotfl:

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving (and Ponzi I hope you had a great Thursday)!

I probably didn't eat as well as my friends south of the border! :laughing:

Maddie has a serious love of Mickey shaped pretzels. Any time she has a pretzel in the real world she laments its non-Mickey shape.

I love pretzels.
Probably my favorite snack.

And yet I've never had a Mickey one!
Didn't even know there was such a thing.

Pretzel shaped pretzels don’t taste as good as Mickey shaped ones.

I believe you.

We popped into Starring Rolls where I ogled the cupcakes, but didn’t buy anything. We checked out Sweet Spells, but not surprisingly they only peddle sweets.

That's where we differ.
I would have purchased something from both places.

You know. Just so the proprietor wouldn't feel slighted.

:rolleyes:

We weren’t the only ones feeling triumphant after our journey

:laughing:

We agreed to let her be measured by the CMs and let them be the bad guy. (Awesome parenting tip #3457 from us. You're welcome.)

Please PM me the other 3456.

Thanks.

As it turns out, this tactic didn't work either. It took all of 3 seconds for her to begin sobbing from the disappointment once she was turned away.

Aw. Poor kiddo.

To appease her I suggested that we backtrack to the Animation Building and meet some new friends. Crisis averted.

There's no crying in Disney!

While we were in line a CM wandered through and told us that Ralph and Vanelope wouldn’t be signing any books, and gave us a little baseball card sized autograph card.

I wonder why that is?
Ralph's hands too big? :confused3

I was tasked with keeping it safe, and I’m proud to say that I accomplished that mission.

Extra mom points awarded.

Vanelope was in need of some attention too, so she showed Maddie her dancing skills (Maddie reciprocated of course).

Of course.

Someone... and I'm not naming names, looks like he has a rooster comb.

On the way out we somehow ended up chatting with a really nice CM. In her excitement, Maddie was telling her that she’d done the whole thing with her eyes open. The sweet CM really had no idea what Maddie was talking about, but thoughtfully and carefully filled out a Certificate of Bravery for Maddie to keep. First ride or no, DD was thrilled.

:rotfl:

Up Next: Lunch!

Hey! You're just like me!
Whenever I ride TOT, my lunch comes up next, too!

Our lunch reservation that day was at a new-to-us restaurant-Mama Melrose.

We've never been either.

we could have been a bit cranky from the long, hot walk to the restaurant.

Ok, maybe I was the only cranky one, these two look perfectly happy

To me the décor was much more ”kitschy ‘80s throwback” and I liked it! The lobby and dining room walls were filled with photos of past-their-prime celebrities,

I like that too.

I suspect that Joanie and Chachi would have felt right at home here. I loved it!

And he loved her... at least that's what I heard...
I don't remember if I saw any of the episodes...

Of course after the first couple of shows, no one watched it either.

Once we were seated we waited a bit longer than was necessary to be greeted by our server, and once we were he wasn’t very friendly. He did however provide us with water and soft drinks quickly so he wasn’t all bad.

I'll take efficient over perky any day.

Every restaurant seems to have their own twist on the classic Caesar, and Mama Melrose is no exception. Theirs featured a whole slice of baguette in place of the croutons-which Bry said was “soggy”.

Not good.
There's a reason why croutons are used and not just bread chunks.

He also noted that the lettuce was all leaves and no hearts (this could be good if you’re a person who prefers leaves. We tend to enjoy our veggies with as little nutritional value as possible).

Once she accidentally got some butter on her nose hijinks ensued. Like any good parent I took photos rather than discouraging the whole butter on the nose/face thing. (That's excellent parenting tip #5673)

Those are wonderful shots. :thumbsup2

His notes include the following “Nice. Spicy. Sausage. Good.” I assume that means he enjoyed it.

Too busy eating to be writing.
That's gotta be a good sign, no?

Love that shot, too.
It just screams "kid having fun eating spaghetti".

What can I say? I’m easy.

ummm....

Nope.
Not gonna touch that one.

Nope.

I really am that easy

What are you trying to do to me????

)We loved the preferred seating for Fantasmic (which sounds more reliable than the FP+ seating) and really did enjoy our entrees very much.

That's good to know.
I don't know if we'll see Fantasmic again, next time we go.
But if we do...

UP NEXT: We Meet Our Brothers!

Can't wait! Thanks for the posts, Shanmitz! :goodvibes

We had a similar exprience at MM a few years ago. I had a good meal but, it wasn't fantastic. We would go there again but we are not sorry if we miss it either.

I think the butter pics were cute!

The Ralph meet and great is fun but Ralph is huge! I was amazed my two year old ran right up to him!

I can tell how much your DD lives HS!

I was so far behind! :sad2:

Great updates, can't believe how many characters you saw on this morning.

Love your sewing room, looks like a place you won't mind spending time in.

Love the update! Sorry Maddie wasn't big enough for RnR. That's so disappointing for a kiddo. Glad Ralph and Vanelope made up for it. I can see why Ralph can't sign autographs. Holy huge hands! They are must meets for our next visit. I think my girls have watched that movie no less than 734 times.

Your pasta at Mama Melrose looked so good! Made me want to try that place. And I love the butter on the face. That's something we'd have a good laugh over at our house too!

Oh my gosh I LOVE that photo of maddie with the pretzel, she’s so excited! So cute! Great pics with Ralph and Vanellope! Glad that everyone got in on the fun!

Maddie certainly is a brave little one, I still wont do RnR, and definitely wouldn’t have done thrill rides at her age! I love that you take so many candid photos, they’re SO CUTE! Definite memory makers!

I’m tempted to do the Fantasmic dinner package one of these days! It’s far superior to the fp plus…then again…anything is better than that it’s such a waste!

Excited to read more!

Star tours is fun-even for a star wars novice like myself.

Total Star Wars novice here too.... I probably couldn't even tell you the names of the characters! But I just bought a Star Wars dress for one of my girls to wear... so it looks like it will definitely be part of our next trip.

We missed the Animation Building on our trip too. Another must-do on our next trip. I really hope that Ralph and Vanelope are still there next year! You guys had such a cute meet & greet with them!

Great review of Mama Melrose. It sounds like it's a good option to pick with the Fantasmic package.

I'm so happy I wasn't too far behind.

So glad that Maddie got her Mickey pretzel (Cayley loves those too!). Great pictures with the characters, and way to go Maddie on TOT!

I'm glad you enjoyed your lunch at Mama Melrose. We've not been since 2008, but we have always enjoyed it there and never had a really bad meal. I'll be eating there twice next year, and glad to know it is still good.

I've not started my TR yet (just got home yesterday), but we saw a LOT of empty tables in restaurants we ate at and believe they were very short-staffed.

Pretzel's taste better when they're shaped like Mickey. It's a proven fact. Maddie is on to something.

We also would subscribe to Awesome Parenting tip # 3457. When all else fails....have someone else let them down. :rotfl: I'm sorry that she got upset though.

Great job Maddie keeping her eyes open the whole time!!!!

We also agree with excellent parenting tip #5673. :rotfl:

We haven't eaten at Mama Melrose in years. I mean, seriously like a decade. The first and last time we ate there it was kind of a disappointment, so we haven't made it back yet.

I took a little time away from the Dis, but as soon as I came back I knew I had to find your TR. I read your PTR and loved it. It is so much fun reading about Maddie's adventures!

Also what is the link to your etsy shop?

I usually remember numbers (left brained) better than details (right brained), but I definitely know what snack Maddie loves. Xander used to like soft pretzels himself, but he is kind of over them lately. We got him one at Disneyland. After eating a few bites, he threw it away. He did not even ask if we wanted any, which was odd.

We waited over an hour for a table at Mama Melrose when we dined there last. Our food and service were about the same as yours, so I am in no rush to dine there again. Maddie does kind of look like a young Audrey Hepburn. I did not realize it until I read that, but he is right.

Xander was the opposite of Maddie when it came to RnR. He was just barely tall enough to ride. Once we were in line, he started crying, because he did not want to ride it. I was about to ask about the chicken exit when he asked for a bribe. He wanted chocolate coins (his new go to snack at Disney). Being the fantastic parent I am, I agreed to give him one coin for each adult ride he tried. They were sold in packs of 8, so he could earn put to 8. He put on his brave face and gave it a try. I was surprised when he agreed to do the rider swap with Crap. Then again, he really wanted chocolates.

It had been 10 years since we did ToT at WDW. I forgot how much better it was than the one at Disneyland. Xander rode with me, but refused to do the rider swap with Crap. Not even an extra chocolate could get him on. Go Maddie. Way to be brave. The certificate the CM gave her sounds awesome. What a cute keepsake!

I have to agree with Maddie that the Mickey shape is what makes everything SO GOOD!!!!

Haha, what are CM's for if not to deny children their dreams so the parents don't have to? :thumbsup2

Wow, now that Mr. Charisma said it, she DOES look like Audrey Hepburn.

I concur, very Audrey-esque! We are down with food on noses, in fact every time we have ice cream, a battle of "Some on your nose" ensues. Everyone gets ice cream on their nose and we all laugh! :lmao::lmao:

Maddie is just too cute and I am enjoying watching her enjoy Disney! You are doing a great job writing. Love the sewing room btw (I've had to play catch-up and go back and read some of your updates.)

Your report is making me "jones" for Disney!

I'm still here following along! Your updates are always so fun!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Shannon! That's the same dish that I had at Moma Melrose and it was so good. We really enjoyed our lunch there. Never tried the mickey pretzel and Maddie sure makes it look good too.

Will probably be away til after the new year, so wanted to wish you and yours and everyone following a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

I'll catch up in the new year!!! Karen

It always breaks my heart a little bit when I see kids getting turned down at coasters due to being too short. You can read their devastation so clearly on their faces. :sad1:

However, Maddie was able to ride ToT, which is a feat in itself, in my personal opinion. Even I'm too chicken to ride that particular attraction. Go girl! :thumbsup2

I'm like you and am extremely picky about my tomatoes (I usually only like the ones my family grows) so I can understand your apprehension about ordering them. Your entree looks like it made up for the lackluster appetizer, though. Anything pasta and cheese based sounds delicious, and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter