Screaming Means Fun: a disboutiquers trip report: Update Page 9!

I have a folder on my computer entitled "Tessa photography" and it's filled with pictures of stuffed animals, dogs, extremely close self portraits, tv shots, etc...

It must be great to be your mom! I would love it if every time I went on a ride at Disney it was like the first time! :rotfl:

Yes, very descriptive dinner description. You should really write a food report!:thumbsup2

Yes! Her last batch included many pictures of Charlie and Lola. The television show.

LOL at my mom! See if I had your humor I wouldn't be grumpy all the time (well if I had Teresa's I guess since hers is the sunshine and pixie dust trip report). ;)

I really don't remember! Now when I don't get fed, that I remember!

Update: Megan's Teaparty

We had some time before the teaparty and Megan was disappointed that her autograph book was pretty empty so we headed over to Epcot in the morning to get some signatures. Megan wore her tea party dress with her pettiskirt underneath. I don't think anyone commented on it, but it was different than the usual Disney stuff. I don't think Megan noticed.

When we were in line at the character connection Megan's book started coming apart!:eek: It was too full and the pages were just sliding out. So as we inched toward the front of the line I was freaking out trying to get pages back in so they could be signed. This was the worst thing to happen because I did not want the characters to be irritated that they couldn't sign it and they don't even have fingers! Ack! I was able to get all the pages back in but I was so frazzled I did not enjoy the experience at all. I can't believe I got pictures.

PICT0100.jpg

PICT0102.jpg

PICT0106.jpg

PICT0109.jpg

Whew! We finally got out of there. We rode a few rides and then it was time for Megan and me to go the Grand Floridian for the tea party. Jacob and Tom elected to stay at Epcot for some reason. :confused3

What a beautiful hotel the Grand Floridian is! I wished I had my grown up camera. We were early so we walked around a bit. When we went to check in Megan made fast friends with the girl next to us. She was newly six too and had the exact same camera (so maybe there was only that one in the shop). The girls had great fun taking pictures of each other. We tried to get the girls to trade cameras so they could have pictures of themselves on their camera but they acted like that was the dumbest idea ever. :confused3 I did exchange e-mail addresses with the mom so we could send pictures back and forth. That reminds me, I sent her pictures but she never sent me any. I wonder if she gave me the right address, maybe she thought we were wackos!

Anyway, parents are kicked out of the tea party (probably so you don't know how little time your daughter gets with Alice and the Mad Hatter) so here is Megan's documentation of the event:

PICT0121.jpg

Her friend:

PICT0118.jpg

The CM who read the girls a story. I guess Megan liked her!

PICT0122.jpg

That's it! It was soon over and time to go home. Tom and Jacob picked us up outside and we headed home. It seemed much too short!

Next: The End!

Hi Stephanie,
Love Megans Birthday outfit and autograph book. The pics with the princesses at PSB are great too. Kaylee really wants to see Ariel with legs but I'm a bit scared of the lunch and dinner menu. Did you think the food was edible at least?? Sorry about your camera, that is the worst.

Love Megan's tea party outfit too. There is no better place to spend your Birthday than Disney.

Nichole

LAST UPDATE: The End! :sad1:

The last day is always the saddest for me and I always try to stretch it out as long as I can. Tom was working against me though. He asked the kids if they would rather go to a park or swim in the pool. If course they picked the pool with the vortex of death! I elected to stay upstairs and pack up while they were swimming. Later on I checked on them and they were cute!

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

Tom got embarrassed because he was swimming in the vortex of death with the children. I tried to explain that I had no problem with the kids swimming in the vortex of death while he was right there, not getting a beer at the bar! And yes, we called it the vortex of death in the conversation!

Soon it was time to go. One of the reason I love the Beach Club Villas is all the little Disney touches. You don't get a carpet like this staying offsite!

IMG_0409.jpg

See the Mickey head?

Anyway, thanks for sharing our vacation with us. A lot of my friends (and parents, obviously) don't get it and I know my friends here get it. It was a lot of fun planning the customs and sewing. I can't wait until we go back!

IMG_0413.jpg

THE END!

Hi Stephanie,
Love Megans Birthday outfit and autograph book. The pics with the princesses at PSB are great too. Kaylee really wants to see Ariel with legs but I'm a bit scared of the lunch and dinner menu. Did you think the food was edible at least?? Sorry about your camera, that is the worst.

Love Megan's tea party outfit too. There is no better place to spend your Birthday than Disney.

Nichole

Thanks! The problem with the princess lunch, in my opinion, is that the princesses fly by. They are so busy and rushed they hardly talk to you. When we went when they first started the character meal you got a lot more interaction with the princesses. The food is not bad, just not my cup of tea. They have a salad bar which has cheese and meat, which is what the kids mostly ate, so they do have some food you would recognize.

It's so funny Kaylee wants to see Ariel with legs. When we first saw Ariel in her grotto at MK she told Megan, "have fun with your feet today" and she thought that was the funniest thing ever! She told Ariel to have fun with her flipper. She still talks about that. She loves Ariel with her flipper the best but the line in the grotto has been terribly long the last few times we stopped by.

Thanks! The problem with the princess lunch, in my opinion, is that the princesses fly by. They are so busy and rushed they hardly talk to you. When we went when they first started the character meal you got a lot more interaction with the princesses. The food is not bad, just not my cup of tea. They have a salad bar which has cheese and meat, which is what the kids mostly ate, so they do have some food you would recognize.

It's so funny Kaylee wants to see Ariel with legs. When we first saw Ariel in her grotto at MK she told Megan, "have fun with your feet today" and she thought that was the funniest thing ever! She told Ariel to have fun with her flipper. She still talks about that. She loves Ariel with her flipper the best but the line in the grotto has been terribly long the last few times we stopped by.

The princesses by at breakfast too. Not sure if I'm brave enough to try Lunch or dinner though. That is so cute what Ariel said to Megan :) . The grotto is always such a long line unless you line as soon as it opens. Anyway Stormalong Bay looks great! I might have to try BC in the future but looks like we will be upgrading to WL most likely. I rally enjoyed your trip report and seeing all the cute clothes you made Jacob and Megan.

I enjoyed your trip report but had to skip through some of it. You see we are big bunny lovers in our house so I couldn't read the horror stories (sorry thats how I think of anything with dead bunnies). Having taken in rescued bunnies that couldn't be let back into the wild, I had to flip real fast past the stories. My son and daughter in law have a lab that gets along with our bunny so its hard to understand dogs not liking bunnies. Anyway, your kids are adorable and I loved hearing about them and your trip.:)

I'm sad your TR is over!! You make sure you keep posting pictures of the kiddos on the disboutiquer thread. I need my Megan and Jacob fix, yah know!

I LOOOVE Megan's dress. That is so incredibly cute and different!

So, what else would you and Tom call the "vortex of death"? That's how we referred to it as we gave it a wide berth on the way to Beaches 'N Cream!

Yes! Her last batch included many pictures of Charlie and Lola. The television show.
You mean like this one? :rotfl:

DSC03360_640x425.jpg

Our girls are WAY too much alike.

The princesses by at breakfast too. Not sure if I'm brave enough to try Lunch or dinner though. That is so cute what Ariel said to Megan :) . The grotto is always such a long line unless you line as soon as it opens. Anyway Stormalong Bay looks great! I might have to try BC in the future but looks like we will be upgrading to WL most likely. I rally enjoyed your trip report and seeing all the cute clothes you made Jacob and Megan.

Yes, I can't believe the lines at the grotto! There is never not a long line!

We stayed at Wilderness Lodge for our DIS meet with Heather and Teresa and the kids loved it! Megan actually requested to stay there our next trip. The theming is just beautiful.

Loved your trip report! =) Your kids are such cuties!

Thank you!

I enjoyed your trip report but had to skip through some of it. You see we are big bunny lovers in our house so I couldn't read the horror stories (sorry thats how I think of anything with dead bunnies). Having taken in rescued bunnies that couldn't be let back into the wild, I had to flip real fast past the stories. My son and daughter in law have a lab that gets along with our bunny so its hard to understand dogs not liking bunnies. Anyway, your kids are adorable and I loved hearing about them and your trip.:)

I'm sorry the trip report upset you; it was not my intention to be offensive to bunny lovers. The bunny incidents were upseting to all of us, especially my husband who worked very hard at keeping the dog away from them. I just was surprised that the kids were so accepting of his nature and could joke about it. I think it's their immaturity and not having dealt with death in their lives. We actually researched it and dauchsands were bred to help farmers keep rabbits and other pests out of the gardens so we understand our little dog more now.

Thanks for reading and I promise that we are keeping our dog away from any bunnies!

You mean like this one? :rotfl:

DSC03360_640x425.jpg

Our girls are WAY too much alike.

Exactly like that one! :lmao: Oh our girls! Megan wrote another note to Tessa yesterday; I have to find it and mail it. She wanted to know if "Tessa had ever been on Ellen's Universe of Energy." It is a fun and educational ride, she says. I can't wait to find her note to see how she spelled it!

awww...poor Scrappy. He can't help it that he has an innate need to hunt rabbits. It really is an internal drive for Dachshunds. They are small dogs, but they are hunting dogs nonetheless. They were bred to hunt badgers in particular, as well as rabbits. He's just doing what comes natural, and I'll tell you what...once a dachshund gets wind of a scent that seems chase worthy, it is pert near IMPOSSIBLE to stop him!!

I came downstairs once to find MY doxie looking intently at the television and making his "I've hunted something" raccoon noise. He was watching a show about BADGERS!

It's internal I tell ya!

poor Scrappy. :sad1: it's not his fault...:sad1:

;)

OH...and BTW...your customs on this trip were TO DIE FOR!!! Meg's Alice in Wonderland dress was simply DIVINE!! That fabric was just gorgeous!! Simply FAB!!! loved it!!!

I fully intend to do the Character Connection at Epcot FIRST thing! Get that out the way...with cute backgrounds and no people strolling along behind your shots! Now answer me this...WHERE oh WHERE is Donald?! I want me a picture of Donald in his BLUE OUTFIT!! Not with a Poncho and a Sombrero and not with a Safari outfit...I want the blue Sailor outfit!!! I'm on a mission!!!

Oh yes...and the pictures of the feet with the Disney characters had me snort laughing in a most unladylike fashion! Megan is so meant for Teddy. He ALWAYS takes pictures of feet when he is allowed a camera.

Give that bloodthirsty little Scrappy a pat and a cuddle for me!!!:goodvibes

When y'all going again?

I convinced Jay to do the DVC tour while we are on vacation!!!:cool1:

I loved your trip report! I didn't realize how many characters there were in Epcot. And how much you can really do there! We will try to do more this year. Is the British Invasion a movie? Dh won't ever do those. I may be ale to convince him.......

Oh, and I love your bows in the beginning. I am really going to try to do bows this year!

awww...poor Scrappy. He can't help it that he has an innate need to hunt rabbits. It really is an internal drive for Dachshunds. They are small dogs, but they are hunting dogs nonetheless. They were bred to hunt badgers in particular, as well as rabbits. He's just doing what comes natural, and I'll tell you what...once a dachshund gets wind of a scent that seems chase worthy, it is pert near IMPOSSIBLE to stop him!!

I came downstairs once to find MY doxie looking intently at the television and making his "I've hunted something" raccoon noise. He was watching a show about BADGERS!

It's internal I tell ya!

poor Scrappy. :sad1: it's not his fault...:sad1:

;)

Oh that is too funny! BeauJack just knew there were some badgers about, lol!

OH...and BTW...your customs on this trip were TO DIE FOR!!! Meg's Alice in Wonderland dress was simply DIVINE!! That fabric was just gorgeous!! Simply FAB!!! loved it!!!

I fully intend to do the Character Connection at Epcot FIRST thing! Get that out the way...with cute backgrounds and no people strolling along behind your shots! Now answer me this...WHERE oh WHERE is Donald?! I want me a picture of Donald in his BLUE OUTFIT!! Not with a Poncho and a Sombrero and not with a Safari outfit...I want the blue Sailor outfit!!! I'm on a mission!!!

Oh yes...and the pictures of the feet with the Disney characters had me snort laughing in a most unladylike fashion! Megan is so meant for Teddy. He ALWAYS takes pictures of feet when he is allowed a camera.

Give that bloodthirsty little Scrappy a pat and a cuddle for me!!!:goodvibes

When y'all going again?

I convinced Jay to do the DVC tour while we are on vacation!!!:cool1:

I have seen Donald in is blue suit in Toontown Faire, usually there is Donald, Goofy and Pluto together. Get there right at 10am when it opens and you'll be first in line!

Maybe you have to be 5 or 6 to understand how pictures of feet are cool? Maybe because they are short and this is their line of vision? Ok, now I have thought it about it way too much.

Our next scheduled trip is spring break in March next year but I am hoping to barge in on Heather's vacation again in February. The fall is my absolute favorite time to go but between school and soccer I don't think we'll be able.

I loved your trip report! I didn't realize how many characters there were in Epcot. And how much you can really do there! We will try to do more this year. Is the British Invasion a movie? Dh won't ever do those. I may be ale to convince him.......

Oh, and I love your bows in the beginning. I am really going to try to do bows this year!

They added the character connection recently and I love it! We would go around the countries and try to catch princesses but the lines now are horrible! They used to hide them around back so unless you knew they were there you wouldn't stop but now they position them right out in front so just anyone can get in line! :snooty: Just kidding (sort of).

British Invasion is a Beatles cover band. They play 20 minutes sets in England and are really good. If you like the Beatles you should check them out. There is a hedge maze that runs around the gazebo they play in and the kids love to run around while we sit and listen.

Thank you: I tried to make more bows this trip too. I'm not that good at them and I forget to put them in her hair too! Maybe we need a bow support group...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter