• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Scratchy Sheets at the Beach Club

WaltD4Me

<font color=royalblue>PS...I tried asking for wate
I'm wondering if the sheets not being very soft at the Beach Club has anything to do with all the bedbug infestations lately? I know the big problem is in New York, but maybe Disney is being cautious and washing bedding in harsher detergent or using more bleach?

I never would have thought of that, but maybe you are right. I know I am petrified of these bed bugs. If you bring them home it's not only an emotional issue but a serious financial one as well.

My husband thought I was nuts but I brought gloves with us to our last hotel to inspect the bed (water club atlantic city) but it made me sleep better at night knowing I inspected the room. What scares me even more so in nyc people are getting bed bugs from the movie theater :scared1:

I never would have thought of that, but maybe you are right. I know I am petrified of these bed bugs. If you bring them home it's not only an emotional issue but a serious financial one as well.

My husband thought I was nuts but I brought gloves with us to our last hotel to inspect the bed (water club atlantic city) but it made me sleep better at night knowing I inspected the room. What scares me even more so in nyc people are getting bed bugs from the movie theater :scared1:

I'm scared to death of them too. Gloves aren't nuts at all. They did a segment about them on our local news last night and I had the heebie jeebies the rest of the night. (shiver)

We stayed in Beach Club Concierge December 2009 and don't remember the sheets being rough.

I heard a random comment on a radio show about bringing a mini-lent roller with you on trips. They said it's the perfect way to inspect a bed. never thought about movie theaters. :scared1: So then what about airline seats?

My husband thought I was nuts but I brought gloves with us to our last hotel to inspect the bed (water club atlantic city)

I :love: the Water Club and the Borgata!

Anyways, yes bed bugs are becoming a HUGE problem in NYC and they have been confirmed at several movie theaters in NYC, CNN headquarters in NYC, and in the Empire State Bldg...the good news is I think people are being more careful and taking care of the problem right away. I am constantly thinking about this since I live in Long Island and am just a little too close to this bed bug infestation..

As far as the BC sheets, we were just there in the beginning of Aug and I don't recall the sheets being scratchy but that could have been because I was so exhausted every night I feel asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.. :rotfl:

I heard a random comment on a radio show about bringing a mini-lent roller with you on trips. They said it's the perfect way to inspect a bed. never thought about movie theaters. :scared1: So then what about airline seats?

OMG! I didn't even think about airline seats! :scared1: Scary seriously scary

We stayed at BC for 7 nights in April. ONE night, we had scratchy sheets. We called them "papery", because that's what they felt like. We asked the Mousekeeper to change them the following morning, and mentioned that they were excessively scratchy and stiff. She made a comment to the effect of "someone probably went a little overboard with the starch" and replaced them with silky soft sheets.

Thread count has NOTHING to do with whether or not sheets are "scratchy". There are two things that cause that: scratchy feeling fibers or TOO MUCH STARCH.

I thought that since Pete raved about the themeing that they were amking the bed sheets feel like sand at the beach :rotfl:

We have bed bugs at our local theatre. There were no reports of it, but they inspected as a precaution of the NY bedbugs.

I used to work for a transtional housing program and we provided transportation for clients. It was a headache when one of our clients got bed bugs. We wouldn't allow her in the vans or in our office because of it.

We stayed at the Beach Club in Dec 2009 and looking back, maybe we did have bedbugs. I remember getting a really bad itchy rash pretty much all over my body. I wasn't thinking about bedbugs at the time, but looking back, it's entirely possible that's what the problem was.

If the hot water washing doesn't kill them a trip through the dryer certainly will, but like noted above, once you put them back on the infested bed, all that goes out the window.

Bed bugs are making a case of head lice seem like a walk in the park and my family went through that a few years back. I have never washed, dried, cleaned vaccuumed, combed, and scrubbed so much in my entire life. I can't imagine a case of bed bugs!! Ugggh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter