• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Scrapping Magazine?

SetzKitten

<font color=red>I was Harley Chick in another life
I was thinking of getting my step-mother a scrapbook magazine subscription for Christmas. Do you scrappers get them? Use them? Do you get good ideas from them? Can you recommend one? Would you prefer something else?
Thanks!!

there are about 6-7 magazines out there, and believe it or not, i get all of them. it depends on the level that your step mother is at. if she is a beginner or just like simple, then the following would be good for her...

1. simple scrapbooks
2. scrapbooks etc. (put out by better homes and gardens)
3. paperkuts
4. scrapbook trends
5. memory makers

one of the most popular ones out there is:

creating keepsakes

that one is great, and still one of my favorites, but it really isn't for the beginner and alot of the items in it don't have instructions...but you can always come here or 2peas for advice.

then here is a newer one out (only had 3 out so far), that is called

scrapbook answers

it comes with a cd/dvd for about $2 more than the other magazines. on that cd they give you fonts, and also videos on how to do certain techniques.

there is also one put out by womens day, but i think that one only comes out like 4 times a year...so far.

so, as you can see, there are many...i get them all, and read them all. they are really inspiring, with lots of good lo's and articles...

I love Scrapbooks Etc - the focus is on scrapping but they also will have card & embellishment ideas (to use up all those scraps).

Simple Scrapbooks is by far the best if you are just starting out.

Another idea would be to get her one of Becky Higgins "Creative Sketches" books instead of a magazine subscription. She has two of these books out now. They are about $15 each. The books are divided into sections according to how many photos you have for your spread (example: 3-5, 6-7, 8-9, etc.) Becky has maybe three sketches for each amount of photos and then there are several real examples of pages that have been created from the sketches. I find it to be really helpful in planning my pages.

The sketch book is just a thought. But if she would really like to receive ideas every other month I would recommend either Creative Keepsakes or Simple Scrapbooks. I subscribe to one and my daughter to the other.

I Love them all, and at one time or another have had a subcription to one or the other, but my two favorites are simple scrapbooks and creating keepsakes.

I'm a VERY simple scrapper so I like Simple Scrapbooks & Scrapbooks Etc best. Check out CM's Lasting Memories too. They have a very nice magazine if you're die hard CM. 2Peas is a great place to look for ideas too!

Enjoy!
Karen

I love PaperKutz. It is my style. I use them alot when I am having a creativity block.

Simple Scrapbooks is the one I use as well... Of course I've never actually made a page like the ones in the magazine :confused3 maybe one day I will.

pfishgirl said:
Simple Scrapbooks is the one I use as well... Of course I've never actually made a page like the ones in the magazine :confused3 maybe one day I will.

I am right there with you!!! I always think I can "scraplift" a page, but it never happens.

How long do you all keep your "old" scrap magazines?? I am in the process of moving now, and don't know what to get rid of!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter