scrapbooking supplies ?

irongirlof12

<font color=blue><marquee>Am I the only one who lo
I have got into scrapbooking recently and will do a book of our holiday:cool1:
Where can I buy stash in WDW and what can I expect to pay compared to uk prices? ( should I take an extra case (empty to bring it all home :yay: !!!!!!)

Andrea

Scrapping and Disney are my two fave things. You can buy scrapping supplies in the themeparks and the resorts. There is also a scrapbooking shop in Downtown Disney. I'll PM you a link to a scrapping forum I visit as they have a thread that has a list of all the scrapping stores people have found in Florida.

I thought the prices in Disney were great. I also found some great bargains in Walmart too. It's been over a year since I was there but I thought the prices were roughtly half what we woudl pay here of the same kind of thing. :thumbsup2

Kxx

DW is into Scrapbooking in a big way ( see our SVR trip report) We took two cases inside another two cases and brought home 7 items of hold luggage plus hand luggage each for the four of us so YES take LOTS of empty cases and get DOUBLE BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE :thumbsup2 Have a great trip:cool1:

Dw is into scrapbooking and crafting in general.
when we went in July we had to buy,i think it was 3 maybe 4 cases to fit stuff she bought.
DW is a beauty therapist , and bought loads of creams and potions as well as nail stuff.
I would expect to pay in dollars what you would pay in pounds here .
As said walmart have quite a lot of stuff, as well as Disney , DW bought 2 Disney Scrapbooks in our resort 12x12 one was $22 and the other $28,
we also found different shops did not always sell the same stuff, so look about before you buy, but remember where you saw it, as you will look at that many you will not remember where you saw it.
Michaels was quite good, but DW favourite was Joannes , have a look on their site to give you an idea for prices, plus there are sales with loads of items reduced.
http://www.joann.com/index.jhtml

Hi
As Tony64 (my DH) says, my dd and I bought stacks of scrapbooking stuff when we went last August! Prices are definately cheaper and there's lots more choice!
The shops we went to were:
Walmart (4 different ones - well you have to try them all in case they have different stock - which they did!) - very good prices, bought lots of card stock and embellishments.

Joanns: www.joann.com
We went to the really big one on the 192 - head east towards Medieval Times - it's a big cream-coloured building on the left hand side right next to the road. There's also a Target there too which had some scrapbooking supplies. Bought some albums and lots of papers here. Plus we went to another at Waterford lakes, where we bought a few more bits plus a wheeled tote to carry it all in!

Michaels: www.michaels.com
We went to the one on S. Kirkman road at the northern end of International Drive. There's a big book shop and coffee shop next door where you can leave the rest of the family while you browse. We bought Jolees boutique embellishments, papers and foam letters at Michaels.

Crafts and Stuff: www.csbackoffice.com/NewSite/
They've just changed their website, so I hope this link works.
This was probably our favourite store. It's at Waterford Lakes, 343 North Alafaya Trail, Orlando, FL 32828. Waterford Lakes is a big shopping complex so there are lots of other shops, restaurants and a cinema there too. We bought loads here! DD's receipt was 3 foot long!

Disney's World of Memories at Downtown Disney.
Disney sells it's own small selection of scrapbooking supplies. I bought an album here a few years ago, and although expensive, the quality isn't very good - the pages don't lay flat when you open it. There are better disney albums made by other companies (Sandylion, for example).

We also went to a shop called The Scrapbook Boutique at the Florida Mall, but I have heard that they are closed at the moment and could be changing hands. We also bought a few bits and pieces at various Dollar stores. There are very good bargains to be found at the Dollar stores, but it's very hit and miss as to whether it's stuff you would want.

Hope this helps. Have a lovely holiday

Thank you for the info, much appreciated...sounds like I will need to prepare DH for a few extra shopping trips!!!!:thanks:

Andrea

Choose your WDW papers carefully. I bought some packs of paper from WDW and am finding them very hard to use as the colours are very strange and what seemed like a good variety pack actually contained the same design in a number of colours. I wish I'd spent my money on embellishments instead and bought my papers elsewhere.

(I'm actually having more luck with non-Disney papers I've bought at home for my WDW holiday scrapbook).

Libby

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter