Scrapbooking on Canvas???

scrapperjill

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever worked with a canvas for scrapbooking? I have a project that I'm working on...I have to have to use one-to-four 4x4" canvases. Right now I have a few ideas in mind...but I'd LOVE to hear some ideas from others....as well as see some pics if anyone has any... :rolleyes:

My first post- yippee!

I personally haven't done a canvas yet- I have a friend who does them for me (I bid for her services when my club does fundraising auctions)! :teeth: She's made 2 20"x20" projects for me- one of my wedding pics, and the other of DD's 3yo portraits

What do you need to know? I know she uses LOTS of Mod Podge...

Kim

Kim...Congrats on your first post.... :banana: :banana:

I'm really just looking for tips, suggestions, ideas and hopefully some pics of already finished canvases.

I was really looking forward to doing this project...but I'd invisioned a larger canvas...8x8 or 12x12...so when I realized I was going to be working with a 4x4 inch canvas...I kinda lost my excitement..... However I did start playing around with a couple of them last night and I found my excitement once again. Although I was nervious to have such a SMALL space to work with....after I got started I realized it wasn't all that bad. Matter of fact...I'm in the middle of making a mini album using the 4x4 canvases for the cover (front and back)....with a few cardstock pages inbetween.

I'll pick my friend's brain...

I seem to recall that she uses Mod Podge as the primary adhesive to put down the papers and photos. Then you let that layer dry, and then do a coat of MP to seal everything into place. I'll need to see what she uses for other embellishments like ribbon or metal.

For one of the canvases, I gave her photos that I printed off my computer- I had applied sealant to them so the ink didn't run when they got sealed.

I'll go digging for the pics I have- give me a day or so! :)

I'm working on my first one, but no mod podge for me! (I'm MP-challenged :rotfl2: ) I'll take a photo of it when I'm finished and attempt to post it. It's fun, but definitely a new challenge for me!

Here's what I've done so far with my 4x4 canvases. Here I used two of them...
There in a reverse order...with the last page being one of the first ones below...and the cover the last one...so keep that in mind when your viewing them (it was just faster to do it this way than to put them on seperatly and in order)

I'm thinking I may do another one for fathers day. :)

The Carol Duvall Show had a show ahile back where 2 8x8 canvases where used to create a scrapbook project, but not scrap book. They even used the back side of the canvas so if it was on a desk it would be attractive 360. Anyway if you search the website I am sure you'll find it. If not let me know I have the episode DVRed somewhere on my Dish harddrive.

Here's the one I did...

1259140-canvas.JPG

CUTE!!!...I like what you did with all that ribbon...and those pictures.... :thumbsup2

I got my diffrent sized canvases at Craft Warehouse :banana: There not diffrent "sheets" of canvas...but actual stretched canvases on canvas frames. They come in ALL kinds of sizes...back in the art area. You should be able to find the at ANY art supply store also....there just painting canvases.

I've seen some REAL cute ideas where they use both sides...and on the larger canvases (8x8 and up)...I've seen how they use the back side where the "whole" from the canvas and frame end as a shadow box. I was going to try that with mine...but soon found the 1inch square on the back just wasn't big enough.

I'm going to have to google that show now...and see if I can find it :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter