• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Scrapbook Ideas Please!

tksbaskets

DIS Veteran
I am getting ready to scrapbook our 10-day Christmas cruise and am looking for inspiration. I know I've seen links to scrapbooks in the past and now that I'm ready I can't find any. I'd love to see any pages that people are willing to share knowing I'll probably love them and do similar pages :earsboy:

Thanks!

TK

I'm going on my first cruise next August and can hardly wait to do my scrapbook! I like going to twopeasinabucket.com and checking out their layouts. You can do a search for dcl layouts.

Thanks for that website. I'm a scrapper and I just went on there for the first time, neat ideas! But, I didn't see anywhere where you could do a search.
Knowing me, I probably just didn't look hard enough. Any help would be appreciated!

There's a scrapbooking forum! Go back to the DIS Discussion Forums, scroll down almost to the bottom and there's Just for Fun. Under it is a Scrapbooking Forum. Good luck!

Go to the peanut gallery and then select 'search gallery'. I just finished a mini album w/ CC pics, but haven't scanned it in yet.

HTH!

Liz

did you know on the main page of the dis boards, under the "Just for fun" heading, there is a whole area for scrapbooking? There is a section titled "cooking, crafts and scrapping", or something like that. I have not explored it much since I've ben spending all my time on the cruise forum, but when I get back from my cruise I was hoping to see what is there.

I've posted this idea before.... pick up extra luggage tags. They have all of the different characters. When you come home, put a ribbon through it and you have a darling tag for your scrapbook. I wish I would've picked up more!! ;)

Nik's Mom said:
Where do you pick up the extra luggage tags? That sounds like a cool idea!

There is a table set up near Guest Services on the last day/night where people can pick up extra tags.

I've gotten a lot of great ideas off of Ebay when searching under "Disney pre-made" or "Disney premade." There are generally several premade pages for sale with a lot of commonly found (Michaels,AC Moore, Recollections, etc) Disney stickers and scrapbooking products.

So do you think the tags are acid free? Do I have to put them in a clear protector bag? I am new to this stuff. Here is something I just did. I have been taking pictures of everything I saved, and today got some of the pictures back. The travel insurance brochure with the red mickey head and blue background came out so bright and pretty. I am going to print some more and cut them up to put on my pages! The Navigators photo'd real well too. (I just did the first page of each day)

I searched twopeasinabucket.com and scrapjazz.com on simply "cruise" and came up with TONS of ideas!

Some of the pages I am doing/did do:

Stateroom: I took pics of our room etc did a layout of that
Safety Drill: Took pics of everything involving that (even some artistic pics of lifejackets on railing etc)

Disney Details: I took pictures of the details of the ship (the Mickey Icons on the elevator covers, the stair railings outside Triton's and lots of other shots of Disney details on the ships

Those are the only ones I remember off the top of my head.... OH I cleaned out my water shoes of the sand from Castaway Cay and did a shaker box on one of my pages with CC sand in it! :)

On the final night of the cruise the Good Bye party, I collected (along with about 6 other women) the mickey icon confetti from the floor on my hands and knees sweeping it up and piling it into my pockets! LOL

CHaracter greetings/meetings was another set of pages I did.....

I'll post my whole list later, I don't have it in front of me ATM.

Jennifer

mom2sean_n_alex said:
I searched twopeasinabucket.com and scrapjazz.com on simply "cruise" and came up with TONS of ideas!

Some of the pages I am doing/did do:

Stateroom: I took pics of our room etc did a layout of that
Safety Drill: Took pics of everything involving that (even some artistic pics of lifejackets on railing etc)

Disney Details: I took pictures of the details of the ship (the Mickey Icons on the elevator covers, the stair railings outside Triton's and lots of other shots of Disney details on the ships

Those are the only ones I remember off the top of my head.... OH I cleaned out my water shoes of the sand from Castaway Cay and did a shaker box on one of my pages with CC sand in it! :)

On the final night of the cruise the Good Bye party, I collected (along with about 6 other women) the mickey icon confetti from the floor on my hands and knees sweeping it up and piling it into my pockets! LOL

CHaracter greetings/meetings was another set of pages I did.....

I'll post my whole list later, I don't have it in front of me ATM.

Jennifer

Jennifer your ideas sound great!!!!!

I too picked the Mickey confetti off the floor but ours was from the lighting of the Christmas tree ceremony on the Wonder last November. Beside us was a family with a daughter in a wheelchair....her eyes just lit up when Mickey threw the confetti and the tree lit up. I picked up a bunch on the confetti and gave it to the Mom and she cried.

I might have to "scraplift" your shaker box of sand from Castaway...I am currently working on my Castaway pages and trying to figure out how to include it....thanks for the idea.

Mickey&JoshNut said:
Jennifer your ideas sound great!!!!!

I too picked the Mickey confetti off the floor but ours was from the lighting of the Christmas tree ceremony on the Wonder last November. Beside us was a family with a daughter in a wheelchair....her eyes just lit up when Mickey threw the confetti and the tree lit up. I picked up a bunch on the confetti and gave it to the Mom and she cried.

I might have to "scraplift" your shaker box of sand from Castaway...I am currently working on my Castaway pages and trying to figure out how to include it....thanks for the idea.

Scrap lift away! I am also planing a shaker box of the confetti too! I bought a Mickey Icon Whale of a Punch some time ago... I am going to make that shaker box using that punch! :)

Jennifer

I never thought of my Whale of a Punch...I was going to take apart the shaker box by EK Success and re-fill it with my sand....

I just LOVE scrapbooking my cruise pictures - it allows me to re-live our cruise over and over again...picking and choosing the pictures to include are the hard parts for me...I was on the 14 Repositioning cruise in May and I have over 2,500 pictures!!!!!!!

Just had to edit to say.....two TOPS in one day!!!!!!!

Ok...I didn't make any pages yet, but I actually took pictures of the bathrooms and the Disney Shampoo and soap container to scrap onto my pages!

Excuse my stupidity. I am a starter scrapbooker. WHAT is a shaker box? What's it's purpose? Where do I get one? And what is the brand name to look for?

days-going-so-slow!! said:
Excuse my stupidity. I am a starter scrapbooker. WHAT is a shaker box? What's it's purpose? Where do I get one? And what is the brand name to look for?

Shaker boxes are an element you can create yourself for your scrapbook pages. You can buy them but then you won't be able to put your own 'stuff' in them. Here is a link to an article about Shaker boxes.

http://www.scrapjazz.com/topics/Techniques/Shakers/138.php

They are lots of fun!! :wizard:

Hi Jennifer

We were discussing this earlier today and I wanted to let you know that I took apart my EK Success Mickey Head shaker box tonight and filled it with my Castaway sand and sealed it back up and....it worked!!!!!!!

It looks sooooooo cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter