Scrapbook - Frequently asked questions

The "Using Fonts from your Computer" link on the first page here is broken. I'm new here and haven't a clue...I have about eight pages done, very simply and scruffily, in a CM scrapbook I've had since DD was a baby (she's six)....

I would very much like to make a beautiful scrapbook of our upcoming trip in November, so I'll be cruising for hints and tips. I was just asking, "what do I do now, since all my ressies and PS are taken care of?" Well. Here we are.

I definitely want to do the coloured card stock for the autographs. I'm just trying to figure out how to get DD not to mind not getting a WDW autograph book. Maybe I can do it with Meredith's, she's only 3, she might not care.

Thanks!

Kris

I finally got around to checking the "chalking" link on page one. Unfortunately, the article the first post referenced is no longer available. Did anyone happen to save it on their computer? Or do you have a suggestion to somewhere else to get good info on chalking?

TIA

WOW Everyone! I'm new to scrap booking and am really looking forward to my "Winter Project" - I want to get our vacation photo's in some sort of order and to make them into something the kids will love to look at. I think I have found ALL I need right here LOL

Pippa

OK - dumb question. I do have some pics of the fireworks, but how can I post them. Have not been able to figure that part out yet on these forums. LOL :teacher:

Pigsty333 said:
OK - dumb question. I do have some pics of the fireworks, but how can I post them. Have not been able to figure that part out yet on these forums. LOL :teacher:

When you are typing a message, there are 3 lines of tools just above the message box. The top line is made up of 3 drop-down menu buttons (for font, size, and color); the middle line allows you to select bold, italic, underline, left justified, centered, right justified, indent, create list, insert image, insert hyperlink, insert e-mail link, and wrap quote tags around selected text. The third line allows you to select "guided mode" and "enhanced mode" (it should default to enhanced mode).

Once you select the insert image, simply paste the url from wherever you have your photo online and voila! there it is.

Hope this helps!

(there are a number of free photo upload services, such as Snapfish, Photobucket, Faces, PhotoWorks, PhotoSite, ImageStation, etc. online)

This is probably a stupid question, but....

All the scrapbooking stuff says proudly "acid and lignin free". That's great, now I know it won't deteriorate and spoil my photos.

HOWEVER

What about other things I stick in - park passes, room key, napkins, clips from my trip report, streamers from Bear in the Big Blue House etc etc etc

Is there a danger from these things, and how do you cope with it?

OK, I have died and gone to heaven :cool1: I wonder if my boss would let me go home to scrap :banana:

lm
oklahoma

Creative Memories pages are "buffered" which is supposed to keep the acid-containing items from damaging the other items. There is a spray I have seen at the scrapbook store that you can spray on the napkins, etc to keep them from damaging your scrapbook. I have never used the spray, though.

Thanks. I suppose page protectors are a help too, but obviously not if you use a napkin to back a picture!

I've got a Creative Memories party booked for 1 December - about time I cbought an album (or at least some pages :blush: ) after buying grab bags from E-Bay last month :guilty:

Now I'm a person who tends to get a bit carried away at these things, especially with the thought of freebies and discounts, so before I have to mortgage my house to pay for my purchases what should I leave on the (metaphorical) shelf? Is there anything you've bought from one of these events that you've never used?

Well, for me it's the albums. :( I just don't like working in them...it takes too much organization to do them in order. Yes, you can undo them to move pages, but whatever is on the back is still there & I tend to work in 2pg LOs. I love the quality though. :(

For me the "must haves" are the tape runner & the personal trimmer. (I already had a 12" trimmer, so one of those might be a must have too.)

I bought a pair of their scissors because I was so impressed with my CMC's pair at a party. However, the pair I got really doesn't cut nearly as well as hers did so I rarely use them.

If you don't have another cutting system for circles & ovals you might want to think about theirs. I had trouble learning to use it (getting a smooth edge) but after some practice it works fine. I find it easier to position the Coluzzle templates over photos than these though. So mine sits on the shelf more than it gets used. :confused3

Thanks piratesmate - that's really helpful.

Its a pain when you buy something that doesn't work as well as the sample :( - maybe you should have asked your CMC to replace them.

You're right - I should have done that. However, I got them in Sept/Oct as part of DD's Christmas gift. Then she never used them until maybe May or June?? Her tools are mixed in with mine & that's why I was trying to use them. :rolleyes1:

You know, this thread kind of gets lost even though it's stickied to the top. You might want to try a separate thread for your question. I know that there are lots of opinions here about what are the best CM tools & even some who don't like particular items. You'd probably get more responses with its own thread.

Thanks piratesmate - I'll try that when I get through with the T-shirt thread (do these people never sleep :earseek: )

This is just the best thread, but I have now wasted several hours downloading fonts!!!

The CM corner cutters are great too! I wish they'd come out with more designs.
Has anyone here used the corner cutters from fiskars? I'd like to know how they work before I buy them.

There is a scallop design you can get as a Thanks to You CM gift - I've tried it but I didn't like it as much as the ordinary rounder.

I suppose you could roun the corners then use fancy scissors to make them more special - I did buy a pack of those scissors with interchangeable blades, but I found they weren't really sharp enough for the Cm papers - they would probably be OK on cheaper, thinner paper.

Thanks
This is my first time on the Creative part of the dis. I'm starting my cruise scrap book and just followed your steps for downloading fonts! IT WORKED!!!
Thanks a million!
PS Great ideas on the pages that everyone has completed and displayed on this site.
Angie_OH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter