Scooters available late in the day?

Just_Trish

Mouseketeer
Hi! Not sure if this is the best place to ask this question but I'll give it a shot!

We are heading down for the Villains Unleashed event in August. This will be 7 weeks into my recovery for my Total Abdominal Hysterectomy which I had last week!

I am thinking I will need a to have a scooter with me in case I feel I can't handle it. I'd rather shell out the $$$ when I arrive at the park than to be sorry.

Here's the question(s) though: We will be arriving at the Studios about 5pm. Do they normally have scooters left at that time of day? Since they will be closing early that night, I assume that many people who rented them in the AM will be returning them....but will that mean they won't be charged up? Also, if I waited until really late (say 8pm or so) to get a scooter, do they charge any less?

Thanks for any help! Also, if anybody has been after right Hysterectomy feel free to offer any thoughts! I'm not planning to ride any rides that night, we are only going to the Villian party and then going home the next day as we have a full week long trip planned in Sept!

It will be cheaper to rent a scooter from an off property site. There are a number of vendors that will drop off and pick up at your resort. It will be less expensive than renting at the parks, and plus you are guaranteed to have one when you need one!

If you search the forums, you will find lots of info and reviews of different vendors. Good luck!

We will be arriving at the Studios about 5pm. Do they normally have scooters left at that time of day?
. . . usually
. . . but, no guarantee
. . . they are all first-come-first-served
. . and there is no telling when they are returned

Since they will be closing early that night, I assume that many people who rented them in the AM will be returning them....but will that mean they won't be charged up?
. . . possible
. . . but, if it dies, you can go and get another

Also, if I waited until really late (say 8pm or so) to get a scooter, do they charge any less?
. . . :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
. . . sorry about that
. . . no, WDW does not discount for time of day

feel free to offer any thoughts!
. . . as mentioned above by geek+nerd, rent one from off-site
. . . you can use it in the parks and at the resort

I wouldn't expect a Disney scooter to be available at that time of the day. Others may be going to the villain party, too.

What you may have to consider as a backup is renting a wheelchair at the park. Of course, this means you need a pusher. Considering you won't be in the park that long this may be more doable and it will be cheaper than a scooter.

I'm not sure offsite scooter vendors will rent for one day, but you can try. Maybe, if you pick it up it could be done.

Good Luck.

The other way is to go early in the morning and rent one and use it for a while then explain yu need it back for the party in the evening they will put it on charge and you have it
jacqui

I had a laprascopic hysterectomy last November, and at that point in my healing, would *not* have wanted to go all night without a backup plan in place. I had a great recovery, but when I hit the wall of exhaustion, I HIT THE WALL, and I never knew exactly when it was going to happen. The few times I tried to "push" through it, I paid for it for days...

So, personally, I would rent a scooter from off site, and plan on using it, rather than experiencing a potential setback in your recovery.

Just IMHO.

Terri

Also, if I waited until really late (say 8pm or so) to get a scooter, do they charge any less?
. . . :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
. . . sorry about that
. . . no, WDW does not discount for time of day
ROFL! In my defense, I didn't *actually* think so, but in the off chance there was a 'secret party night discount', I would like to have known!! :lmao:

Thanks for your suggestions everyone! Since we are only driving down and going straight to the party and then leaving the next day, it isn't worth it to rent from offsite. If there are no scooters left, my DD20 says she will just push me in a regular wheelchair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter