"Scooter the DJ"-info please

TeamMickey

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone!

I have just received notice that Scooter will be providing the music for my January wedding. Has anyone had him? If so, what were your overall impressions? To be honest, his website is making me a little nervous. I feel like he may be too over the top. I am hoping that when he DJ's at a wedding it is less obnixous.

Thanks everyone!

We requested DJ Scooter (on Misty's recommendation). Our reception was at ADH and we had 50 people. We are an older bride and groom (late 40's) and most of our guests were around the same age. We specifically told him that and what type of music we like to have played. We went from big band, to the Rat Pack (not the Brat Pack) to some motown to 70's disco. He even played Time Warp for my DH who had told him one of his favorite movies is Rocky Horror. We had two little boys (4 and 2) that LOVE the movie Cars and he played a song from that also and they were up and dancing.

I don't know if I would say he was "over the top" but he really got everyone up and dancing. He did bring along some "props" and we were very glad he did. I guess if you do not want them you can let him know not to bring them. I guess it depends on you. Do you want to have a more quiet wedding reception or do you want everyone up and dancing and having a great time.

Here are some photos from our wedding of everyone up and having fun.

MistyBefore-Formal-Bonus564.jpg

Our ringbearer having fun.
MistyReception2of2159.jpg

MistyReception2of2077.jpg

2fe5535f.jpg

ac21366c.jpg

ed7e66be.jpg

d0750769.jpg

8ebca5fe.jpg

35bfa95d.jpg

We did speak with him a few times before the wedding and told him what we wanted.

Linda

We had DJ Scooter. Based on good recommenations I requested him before Disney assigned us and even had him pencil us in months before. He was awsome! We gave him a list we didn't want playes and a CD of must be played. Everyone had so much fun. He really is a great entertainer, he got just about everyone one of our guest to dance and the best part is they started dancing right away after dinner and before dinner. There was not warming up for any of our guests, even ones who are reserved. We had our wedding at the ADH and had 100 people. You will love him!

We had DJ Scooter. Based on good recommenations I requested him before Disney assigned us and even had him pencil us in months before. He was awsome! We gave him a list we didn't want playes and a CD of must be played. Everyone had so much fun. He really is a great entertainer, he got just about everyone one of our guest to dance and the best part is they started dancing right away after dinner and before dinner. There was not warming up for any of our guests, even ones who are reserved. We had our wedding at the ADH and had 100 people. You will love him!

So good to see you on these boards. Best wishes on your upcoming little one. Your report is partially what sold us on ADH. I made copies of loads of your photos and took them to our planning session and also showed Misty.

Linda

We had Scooter and he did a very good job. I didn't think people would dance much but they wanted to and he got them on the dance floor. We had a very classy affair and he kept to that. We didnt have the props but I think our guests would have enjoyed them.

LOL! I just posted a question for DJ recommendations in another thread! Thanks this helps me too! :thumbsup2

We had him as well and I asked for no props, no dj taught dances (macarena, hokey pokey, etc.) and he did a fabulous job. He was funny, semi-interactive, touched on a variety of genres and overall did a great job keeping people happy! I was extremely happy with his performance.

I also wanted to add that the DJ's contracted through Disney have to go through EXTENSIVE training and must complete professional ed every year in order to remain a Disney DJ. They don't have only one style. They can mold themselves to many, many styles or they won't be a Disney DJ for long.

We went to a wedding where he Dj'd and he was awesome! Very lively, energetic, and got people moving. He's someone that I would definately request.

Thanks for all the information! I am so happy to know that he adapts well to the ones personal style. I was getting a little nervous. I have about 10 kids under the age of 11 coming but they can get carried away and obnixous. I'm going to warn him ahead of time! You have all decreased my stress level!! Thank you!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter